CPA-They're Back!

divepix

Well, if CPA beat Ezell by more than DCA did, they automatically win the DCA/CPA game. We should give up now. Boy, I wish we'd have thought of this at the beginning of the season, we would have only had to play a few games and the championship would have been decided then. O yea, and since CPA tried to be all big and bad and play a big D5 school, and got embarresed by them, that means DCA will lose cause CPA played a tougher game.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA had a great game, but until they beat DCA AT DCA, they aren't the superior team. They had ONE good game. DCA's defense still hasn't allowed more than 13 points so far this year.

Congrats CPA, BUT............We're STILL #1!!!

Last time I checked CPA won state last year. So that would make them #1 until December, and I believe they will be there to defend there crown. Nice to hear the Qb is settling in, I go to school with last year's QB. Good Luck CPA!

I have complete trust in the DCA team. Especially now since our moral is higher after the win over ezell, our big rival. CPA might be last years champs but I havent heard much heat about them this year! It will be a good game though. We are looking forward to seeing you at our house!

DCA Football - you're embarassing yourself. Read the post. I did not say we would beat DCA because we beat Ezell worse. I did not say that losing to Riverdale means we will beat DCA. I said that DCA has had trouble in the past beating CPA even when they were good and had a better record. That is not my opinion - it is a fact. I also said CPA strength of schedule is greater than DCA this year. That is not my opinion. It is also a fact.

You are getting way too upset by misreading the posts. If you read all of my posts and chill out a little you will see I have never put down DCA. I respect them and their program. I actually pull for them when we don't play them. They are a class act.

DCA may win this year, but I can assure you, it won't be easy and it will be a first in many years. And it won't be because you get real mad.

In response to one of your posts, we have played some good 2A teams with winning records in East Robertson and McEwen who we beat by 40 pts. And while that may not be Riverdale and Goodpasture, it isn't a weak schedule. That is why DCA is number one in the polls in the first place, their STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE + SUCCESS.

In response to one of your posts, we have played some good 2A teams with winning records in East Robertson and McEwen who we beat by 40 pts. And while that may not be Riverdale and Goodpasture, it isn't a weak schedule. That is why DCA is number one in the polls in the first place, their STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE + SUCCESS.

A point of clarification, McEwen is 1A and is in the same region as DCA, Ezell etc etc. Their record is 3-4.

The CPA/DCA game should be a great game. Both team have great traditions and respect each other. Both teams are on a roll beating their region teams soundly. Both have good running backs with different running styles. I think the creativity of the coaches will be a deciding factor to the outcome. There still a few games to play before this game but I hope the region championship comes down to this game.

The region championship will come down to this game unless CPA or DCA have a game where they totally collapse or have 8-10 turnovers. The winner gets home field advantage until the Clinic Bowl, so the region championship is very important.

On the other hand, CPA only played one game at home in the playoffs last year after beating DCA on the road in the last regular season game, so maybe home field is overrrated.

Don't understand why we have to play DCA 2 years in a row on the road, but that's the hand we were dealt.

CPA did what no other single A team in Tennessee would do and opened the season with a tough opponent Riverdale. This helped get them ready for their region schedule. Maybe some other single A teams will take notice and schedule the tough teams of 5A or Divison 2/

Edited by cbg

CPA did what no other single A team in Tennessee would do and opened the season with a tough opponent Riverdale. This helped get them ready for their region schedule. Maybe some other single A teams will take notice and schedule the tough teams of 5A or Divison 2/

I think one other 1a school opened with an opponent like CPA...Boyd opened with Baylor, a div2 3a team. 'course Baylor hasn't done all that well, but Boyd didn't know that when they scheduled them :>)

USJ, after sailing through playoffs and getting beat for a few years, finally started scheduling tougher opponents. They may have the toughest schedule of any 1A school this year with one 2A, two 3A, and one 4A team on their schedule, including Jackson North Side and Jackson Southside who are very good.

They also did a home and away with CPA after losing to them in the Clinic Bowl in 2000.

The East Tennessee schools need to realize that beating up on 1A teams with losing records will pad a record and stats, but not win championships.