Oakland v. Riverdale

Guest Oakland

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Croach,

Rivedale had some starters on the shelf against Siegel. I don't think we suffered any other significant injuries during the game. Hpefully, we will get some of the guys back for this weeks game. It is a rather big game and we want all hands on deck.

Riverdale does have depth so they have some pretty lively practices. That is also where most of our significant injuries seem to occur.

Oakland has had a strange season. They seem to either win big or lose big. They also win every other week. According to that pattern, they should lose this week. Let's hope the pattern continues for this week and after that I hope they win out.

Guest Oakland

man croach you should know better than to ask that question, shady is with us! you know those blackman folk, rooting for rankin to them is the equivalent of hierarchy. but to another matter, about oakland's season in general, and stating that we have either won big or lost big, look at who those losses are against, ba,lincoln co, and franklin, teams with a combines record of 16-2, that tells me that oakland is battle tested for this one and defensively i think we are, its the offense that i am worried about, although they did show up against blackman on and played rather impressively. btw, does anybody know if rahmel oliver is out for this game?

Regarding the back to back home field discussion. Oakland was the home team in 2000 and 2001. The 2000 game was at MTSU as always. Oakland chose to hold the 2001 game at MTSU, even though our field was ready, in order to accomodate the large crowds we were accostomed to, (20,000 in the playoff matchup).

The reason for the back to back scheduling is a little murky to me. It seems that the agreement is to alternate who gets home first in a two year deal. 2002 was the end of the previous 2 year deal and 2003 is the first year of the new 2 year deal. Oaklnad will be home in 2004, (the end of the current two year deal), and also home in 2005, (the beginning of a new 2 year deal).

Look for the first Riverdale and Oakland game to be held at Oakland in the second round of this year's playoffs when Oakland wins the region this year.