who is the best RB in east TN in all classes

eastTNftball

Can't honestly comment on those I have not seen play. But of the ones I have ...

Chris McCord of Maryville is one of the most fundamentally sound runners--on the high school level--you'll see. Follows his blockers well ... great lean ... knows the importance of north-south running ... hits the hole hard. My only knock might be his overall speed, but that's just my perception from when I've watched him. He may have awesome breakaway speed and I just haven't had the opportunity to see it on display.

The Wright kid from Farragut looked really good against William Blount. I haven't heard a lot about him. Think he's a junior. But he ran the toss sweep like a D-1 prospect when I was him play. Great speed, great balance, great at setting up his blockers.

Dustin Lindsey from Alcoa. Just a sophomore ... still learning. Trust me, a lot of folks will know who he is before he's done.

Now I've not got to see Booker or the Jeff County kids play much but I understand they are tough, however, my vote for best has to go to ...

The Jackson kid from Central. He's the total package. Size, speed, good hands, can cut on a dime. If he's not a D1'er, I don't know who is.

And just to keep my partiality real, Brad Walker, sophomore at William Blount, has as good of physical skills as any sophomore runner I've ever watched. I've not listed another back on this post who is any faster than Walker. Needs some maturity in the mental part of the game (and he's getting it) but has a chance to be real special.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen Jennings, Houston, Booker, Flanary, McCord, Jackson, James, Benfield, add Gulmire, Throp, McMillan, and Anderson and I think trying to pick a best is tough, because of position, style, responsibilities, etc. It's the Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Earl Campbell, Jim Taylor, Marshall Faulk, Gale Sayers, O.J. Simpson, Emmitt Smith sort of argument...fastest, best blocker, pass catcher, elusive vs. powerful, effective within the scheme, responsibilities and role in the team offense...a lot to be considered, but one thing is for certain, there are some great players in the running back position in East Tennessee. Many in both lists above stand out athletically against the others; but, for many others, the role on their team allows for optimum usage and effectiveness of their abilities.

I agree with skunk I have to break it down

Best speed-

#1Scooter Houston -Jeff Co#2 Corey Booker- Oak Ridge

Best Power-

#1 Jennings-Jeff Co-#2 Chase Flanary

Best Hands-

#1Albert Harris A-E

Combination-

#1Cassen Jackson #2 Chris McCord -Maryville

Best Back

Tie

Jeff Jennings& Cassen Jackson

Charvez Fransico he has 845 yards on the year an he dont even have a great O-line he does it all by his self

Come on now Baller12 I agree Francisco is one heck of a RB and better FS , but with all due respect his O-Line is pretty good just ask him, and there is not one back on here that does it all by himself. The O-lines are the ones that do most of the work and never seem to get their names in the paper or any credit.

Lavonte Barber from Cleveland is a good one.

I'll also throw out one that could be the one that everybody talks about for the next three years, and that's freshman Cody Walker of South Pittsburg. Coming from Red Bank and seeing Riggs run the ball for three years, I'm telling you right now that Cody Walker has all the tools. He will be the next great one, barring injuries and grade problems.

Dakota Benfield of Cloudland

It's hard to say how "good" he is, considering he often gets to carry the ball only a half-dozen times a game; and running behind probably the best Offensive line this side of College ball surely helps.

However it's hard to argue with:

1800 yards as a sophomore

Similar numbers last season {pujo can verify}

And he'll probably break the 5300-plus Cloudland record set by Tim Clipse in the early nineties this season; provided he gets the carries.

Oh boy, and we play Cloudland next week.

I Am Proud Of Unaka But I Like Cloudland!

Cloudland Destroys Their Opponents By 30 Or More Points They Do It Bigger On The Road Than At Home1

North Greene Won At Unaka, 24-7

Cloudland Won At North Greene,62-14

ChrisBurr555555's Predicted Score:Cloudland Higlanders 66,Unaka Rangers 6

But What If Unaka Somehow With A Miracle Stuns Cloudland?,Then What Would You Think krichunaka?

:D:D

My picks are

#1 Jeff Jennings Jr. - Jefferson County

#2 Cassen Jackson - Knoxville Central

#3 Scooter Houston - Jefferson County

#4 Corey Booker - Oak Ridge

#5 Chase Flanery - Kingsport Dobyns- Bennet

that is my top 5 picks

Edited by cruzey