Coffee County vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

This one has all sorts of special interests...not the least of which is the Father vs. Son match up.

Who knows what the Father vs Son relationship will play in this game? Knowing how kids love to beat their parents, this could really get the CC guys fired up. On the other hand, all of the LC guys know and love the Son, but would love to beat him. Hmmm....

It has certainly stirred up conversation in LC. How about you folks in CC? Are you talking about this new source of rivalry?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lincoln County with only 40+ players is not depth. And there is a considerable drop off from theie 1st team. Can you imagine 2nd teamers as good as their defenisve tackles, QB and TB? Naw. Not there. The only depth they have is that if one of their starters goes down, they have plenty of other weapons to go to in their starting lineup!

As many have said, for this game to be somewhat close, Coffee County will have to control the clock and keep Lincoln County off the field. And to do that would take Nunley running the ball. The defense has struggled the last couple weeks, which isn't a good sign coming into this game. Lincoln County is a machine and I don't think this week will be no different, but there is a reason you play the game. However, the Falcons should roll in similar fashion as they have all season long.

why not Coffee Co. by 3 in OT.

Well, one reason why not is that in OT, both teams get the ball on the 10 yd. line with 4 downs. I don't see Coffee Co., or anyone else holding Lincoln County when they have 1st and goal at the 10...unless they fumble it away. But all that is mental gymnastics for nothing. This one will never get to overtime.

But, I don't think the margin will be as onesided as some are predicting. Biggest reason is Coach Thompson doesn't like to score over 50 pts....unless it takes that to win.

Coffee County won the first ever game in the Pit, for what that's worth. It might not mean a thing. The best I can remember Lincoln County was supposed to win that night. Lincoln County has scored more points on Coffee County in one game. This could be a good game especially after last week. (Howard) I don't think those games are good for anybody except the reserves. Lincoln County's starters barely got to play over 1 quarter. I hope they can recover and get back on track but it might not be as easy as they think.

ButterBandit, I remember in 1997 when Coffee County embarrassed Lincoln County in "The Pit".

That year Coffee County was the #2 seed of Region 4-5A behind Riverdale at #1 and ahead of two others, I'm thinking it was Smyrna and Lincoln County? I can't remember. I just remember how good it felt to be that good. We humilitated Franklin County that year too! And that game was in Winchester. We beat Murfreesboro-Oakland at their Homecoming game! That was a dang good year, and while I think the Red Raiders are having a good season given their schedule, I still contest that the 1997 Red Raiders could beat this year's Red Raiders but that's just my biased opinion.