Coffee County vs. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rukidnme?!? the 97 team would beat this years team by 4 tds! the 97 team had the talent to play with anybody, as they proved in playing eventual state champion riverdale, which the score did not indicate the game that they had( riverdale 34 coffee 13). the 97 team had atheletes at every postion and way more size and way more speed. look at the oline! heath luttrel was a giant, then you had t.c. miller and blake finney, who had good size and strength.

If you look at the lincoln co. team of 97, they were hyped to win state that year but got smashed by coffee county and chris elam.

Nunley would get yards, but i could see the likes of Dusty Elam, David Hershman, and Aaron Price holding him to no more 100 yards.

I believe the score would be

cc97 35

cc03 7

heres a thought...

I've made this point before but I'll do it again. What could Nunley do if he was running behind Heath, blake, bonnor, TC, and Hansert (lol) not to mention Nettels... I think the stinking kid would rush for 2,500 yds... however, I still think the 97 team was just too darn physical to compete with this years team. and I dont know who claimed Bert to be an offensive genius, but thats crazy... Elam left and Elam right isnt all that sophisticated, Breaden came up with most of our good plays that year.(like the girl-dog play, I still love that) plus the 97 team had like 23 seniors. and the defense of the 97 team was stacked... I think the only weak spot was that junior that played DT I think he wore #57. But I still got nothing but love for rukidnme. its all gravy

much love

Will Nunley get 100 yds against our Falcon defense? Maybe...Maybe not... but if he does get 100 yds or better, more power to him. I don't care if he gets 400 as long as Lincoln County comes out in front on the scoreboard. I'll take the win and give him the yds any day.

PS,

He may get 100 yds. but he will remember after this game how tough they were to come by. :rolleyes:

Edited by Big D.

You obviously didn't see the LC vs. Cookeville game.  There was virtually no time left on the clock, CHS was down by more than three touchdowns, and just to be a sore loser, LC had to score one more time before the end of the game.  That's terrible sportsmanship.

I DID see the Cookeville game...and I KNOW the Lincoln players who were in the game at the end. The guy who scored was a THIRD string back who hardly ever even gets into a game, and he was running behind the second string line.

What I saw wasn't terrible sportsmanship. What I saw was one of the poorest defensive showings ever by a 5-A team. Y'all put LC in a position to score on simple dive plays off tackle....not a pass, or a reverse or ANYTHING fancy...just a straight ahead dive play and y'all couldn't stop it against the third string back and now you're whining. Your coach KNOWS better than you what happened.

I dont care if it was a third string cheerleader that weighed 450 lbs.!! It was very unsportsmanlike. Do you ever see professional teams or college teams do stupid things like that? NO! Because they are better than that. Most teams in TSSAA football are also. Most of the guys on that second string line will be there next year and have their pride on the field next year and so will that third string back you speak of. It just shows no respect at all.

Guest Oakland

so if you were lincoln co's coach, your are gonna tell your 2nd and 3rd stringers not to score?! i mean man be humble about it, you guys got blownout by a superior team, cookeville is not the only team that has fallen prey to lincoln co in this form. plus, you guys seem to have a hard time accepting blowouts since you guys raised such a fuss about oakland so-called running up the score when they scored with their 3rd string rb, again i ask you, are you gonna tell them not to score when they have worked just as hard as the starters during practice that week?