Anderson County @ Austin East

AERoadrunners

You claim not to allow name calling, but partake in it yourself. I guess it just depends on whose doin it for you huh?

I lock a thread you are mad I leave it open you are mad, geesh.

The Fulton fans are stretching for some way to get to the top, if they took care of business against AE the first time then they wouldn't have to scoreboard watch would they?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so you guys know I heard several kids say that. Next time I'll ask the AC kids to say it on record. I was very embarrased last week. I am not an AC fan nor am I a Fulton fan, but I do love High School Football, and that is why I was there. I was ashamed for the AC people. In covering HS football you hear kids and coaches and players say things on accident and you overlook it, but this was not said on accident. I could tell that it was accepted talk by the AC sideline. I am not on hear to bash anyone or to be the person bringing bad news. I just was letting everyone know that I also heard the things splainshornet heard. I have no idea who splainshornet is, but I am glad to see that I was not just hearing things. This needs to be addressed, before it gets out of hand. I have covered several games in the area, and don't think the East Knoxville community will sit back and allow this to be said during the game This Friday night.

This is where I come back to the saying Lyan Larry. He has a bad name for a reason, people respect his X's and O's, but not him as a person. What is he really teaching kids at AC --if your team is not any good bail out and join a team that is winning. The old "what about me", that is what he is teaching young men.

Edited by PLACALL

I want AC to win because that will make it a three way tie if every thing play out like I want it to.I wish both teams the best of luck and GO FALCONS

Fulton 14 Ac 10 falcons win at AC

The refs were great.

my predictions

AC 20

AE 14

Hey shortstop, don't forget that if AE wins, we are #2 and that means AE is #1 and AC is #3.....which means they play in the playoffs. Wouldn't that be awesome? That's what I want to see happen. And haven't you seen the smack these AC folks have been talking about Fulton.....I hope AE drills them! Then maybe they will think twice about messin' with the Falcons or the Roadrunners.

PLACALL, take your spoon and go stir up trouble somewhere else.

I'm trying not to get worked up on this one, and simply consider the source.

Whenever I hear someone use the old "several kids" line it's usually code for one maybe two. In this case I'm not so sure it's none, and please don't feel too much shame for us at AC, this weak attempt at mud slinging only brings shame on you.

As far as the hornet is concerned, I don't remember him posting that he heard anyone say anything, so you're flying solo on this one.

If there was a kid or kids who said something, it needs to be dealt with. It is certainly not tolerated in my household or presence, as I know it is not tolerated by most of the parents or kids that I know in this community. This seems to be a common slur in these threads and I'm not buying it.

I am ashamed for not addressing it earlier. I did not say that everyone thinks that way in AC, but it was not dealt with Friday night. Maybe splainshornet is talking about something else. I should not have drawn to conclusions what I thought he had heard. I did hear it, and it was not dealt with. I know there are a lot of great kids on AC team and 99 % are great kids, but I saw two kids say it. Many heard them and did nothing about it. I am ashamed at myself for not saying anything, but it was said. I don't think the referee that heard it wanted to address it either. By no means do I blame the entire AC community, but it should be addressed. Again I cover many games, and this one I was ashamed at. Good luck to the Mavericks, and hope this gets the AC communities attention so it does not continue to happen.

Edited by PLACALL

The mavs will be ready, but AE is probably the most talented team in the state as always.. SO the mavs better put on the gas and stay on it, because if they back off the accelerator like last year in the second half, then AE will bee all over them.. If AE wins it will be bc kerr will try to kill the clock in the second half, and that is when AE might run away with it, If Kerr keeps on the accelerator in the 2nd half then the hard nosed boys from AC will come out with the big win.. Goodluck to both teams...

very good post. I must agree with your comments. I am an AE fan but the difference between this team and the teams in the past they (AE) start off fast. Albert Harris is just a special kid. He has that little thing that great atheletes have in them (Ali, Jordan, Gretzsky, Dion Sanders, Ted Williams, etc.) He just makes himself get it done. He knows no quit. He has developed some patience through football. Then he explodes. Versus Fulton Albert was very disgusted. It was 3rd and long and he told the defense coach to stop them cause he's going to the house. They punted to him and he went to the house. The thing was the punter was in great position to make the play or atleast slow him down. The punter was ran though and the rest of the fleet footed Falcons couldn't catch him.

Playcall. first I read a lot of your post and we agree on some and disagree on tohers but you are pretty fair and insightful. AE has never had any problems while playing AC. Both teams seem to repsect each other and just play football. Both teams shake hands after the game and go to respected locker rooms. Both teams seem to be comfortable with winning. After AC beat AE in 2001 they players will tell you AE looked shocked but was very cordial after the game. All I heard an AE player say was we will see each other again and lets give them another show like this one. When AE won the playoff game the price twin (WR) said bring it back home and Brian Blair said we will and you guys will be the state runner up in our minds. But it disgusted me to watch how Fulton (which I am kind of a fan of their also) acted after the AE game last year. Not neccesarily the players but the fans. As far as the name calling. AE players never complained about it. Both teams are to focused to think about things like that. Stevens doesn't really allow a lot of talking. I know 15-18 year kids do it on the field but he tries to control it as much as possible from his players and coaches. Good luck to both teams. And great game from Gibbs last week and coach Carrol.

Anybody that was at the AC / Fulton game in Knoxville last season know how the AC fans were treated. I have been around this sport for too many years and have seen some really bad fans but last season was terrible. How falcon’s soon forget. The game was a classic and it could have gone either way. But the falcon fans over shadowed the game. It was a great win for Fulton. But a black eye for the school and the Knoxville Police force for the way that situation was handled.

Race should never be a factor in High school athletics no matter what the situation is. Unfortunately it happens and if it happened as you say then the AC Staff and administration should have handled it. But like last season it is let go and no one corrected the situation.

I am not trashing either school but the administrations from both should take notice when these things happen and deal with them.

Two good football teams being over shadowed by stupidity.

B)

Edited by Backup

PLACALL, I must say I appreciate your last post. It is done in a much better spirit than the first. If you heard what you claimed, then I for one appologize to you and anyone else who heard it, and wish I had also heard it so that we would know who to deal with.

All I'm saying is most accusations seemed to be aimed at AC in general, and to post this on the AC vs. AE thread seems to just be aimed at firing up the fans for this game about something other than football. Believe me both sides are gonna be plenty fired up about that on friday night. I just hope we can all keep our "eye on the ball" from here on.

AC-21

AE-20

Being there to watch it - Priceless.