Williamson County

WesVLT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

granted ba did beat oakland pretty bad, but franklin faced a much improved oakland team in week 3, and if you wanna use oakland as a common denominator, just ask riverdale how tough oakland was

;)

By all means, let's not use any common denominators...let's just guess. It's so much more fulfilling for some people's fantasies.

Listen, Franklin is good this year, probably the best team they've had in several seasons. Many of us were very happy to see them beat BHS, for a variety of reasons. But BA would beat Franklin by a relatively decisive score.

BTW, is it spoiled rich kids or recruited project kids at BA? You guys can never decide! :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin is a very good team, however i do not see them beating brentwood academy this year. I am a MBA fan, so i am not biased torwards BA. I have watched both franklin and BA, and I feel that BA is the better team, and yes, they do have heart. I feel that BGA is in either 2nd or 3rd with franklin but i do not feel that they are the best team in Williamson Co. BA is definately the best team in the county. I can't wait for October 31!

What a disappointment it is that we'll never be able to decisively solve this debate. All we have are opinions, observations, and comparative scores (which are hardly reliable).

I must say, though, that after watching part of the Franklin-Brentwood replay tonight, I was not thoroughly impressed with either team. Both were fine and both exhibited tremendous heart, but I didn't see the ferocity or overwhelming talent mentioned by some fans. It's fine that some think the Rebs should be first, though...certainly a big win for them, they should be very proud.

By the way, BA currently leads Franklin by 5 votes in the poll. Good luck to both teams this friday!

Edited by WesVols

Well, I hate to say this... but I agree with Wes... both Franklin and Brentwood are vulnerable... Brentwood definitely had a size and physicality advantage against Franklin, but the Rebels got lucky at the end of the game with some big plays (sorry Rebel27... LOL)... Franklin controls its own destiny in the region now... with its biggest game against Dickson in two weeks... at home... Brentwood plays at Dickson next week, and Centennial plays Dickson THIS week... a lot will be determined by the time Dickson comes to Franklin in Week 10... The Rebs will no doubt be playing for first, it's just a matter of where Dickson will be at that point...

Here's the deal. I just got done counting inventory at Old Navy and frankly I'm on a short fuse. Because of this, I'm going to refrain from making any comments except a couple. I'm tired of BA people thinking they're the best, no questions asked. It's become obvious you can't change their mind and they're not open to anything other than that. I think Franklin's the best team in the county. That's that. I think BigDogDaddy didn't do much of anything wrong- especially when he explained it was in jest. That's that.

Sportsguy1976, you can call it luck- so be it. I saw it differently. You don't complete four... excuse me, one... touchdowns on pure luck. Granted, the one that actually count was somewhat lucky, but hey, I've seen crazier (Goodpasture-BGA in 2001). And the very unlucky, but very fine play of the defense is what gave us a chance. Stopping BHS on several consequitive drives was not lucky. But I'm past that game, right?

WesVols... how can you tell me not to form an opinion of BA based on one game but you can form an opinion of BHS and FHS based on part of one game??? I believe the way the game was played is a testement to how good both are. Yes, both. I must give Brentwood credit. They surprised me. I think they'll do good things from here on out- until and if they meet the Rebs again of course.

One other thing... common opponents (AKA Oakland for BA and Franklin) are a very weak argument. A team can vary so much from week to week. The Franklin game wasn't really as close as the score indicated anyways.

Ok, there's my few comments... now it's on to the sack (124, 125, 129... yeah, I did that several times tonight!) GO REBELS!

in the 3rd quarter, ba was on oakland 50-0... but yea, 14-3 franklin? uh.. ok..franklin 1st in county? dont think so

If you're gonna compare how badly BA and Franklin beat Oakland, I can't help but wonder if BA would play Lincoln County as closely as Franklin did. We'll never know. Franklin has given Lincoln County their closest game this year...and that speaks very well of Franklin.

I think BA is better than Franklin. BA has more talent from what I have seen and by the number of players they have getting d-1 scholarships every year. Also they hasve better coaching.Carlton Flatt may be the best coach in Tennessee's high school football history. Since I went to BA for middle school last year (I no longer attend BA as I move to the Knoxville/Lenoir City area) I know the future is only looking brighter.Hopefully the can get over the hump and bring home a state title soon. So I think BA is better but thats just my opinion and I am biased so....

One more time for you and BDD.  The point is this, support your team with all of your energy, but do it with CLASS and RESPECT for everyone else.

What fun would that be?

Yeah I take pot shots at other fans, I'll ride Loudermouth until the day Coach T shuts down cause he deserves all he gets, and Galatin will get ribbed about their stadium lights even though they bought new ones, and rich spoiled kids was a little out of line but I'm sure Wes appreciates that I'm spirited!

Unlike most Brentwood fans, I don't try to brag about Franklins players, I point out there strengths and their weaknesses and I talk about the coaches when they are coaching well and when in my opinion they are coaching poorly.

Unlike other posters on this sight you will never read where I say " Good Luck to Both Teams!" I don't wish the other team any luck other than bad luck! I DO pray before every game that no one will get hurt from either team , but I wan't to see our players knock the snot out them!

I live my life with passion and spirit, I say what I want, when I want and if I offend someone in the procces I will apologize,if I think it is warranted, but don't expect me to change my ways, Just get out of my way. You want to sling some stuff my way, don't worry I can take it, so Kangaroo, Mother1, Muffin, Fromthetop2, and any and all others, BRING IT, with or without class.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Well, I hate to say this... but I agree with Wes... both Franklin and Brentwood are vulnerable... Brentwood definitely had a size and physicality advantage against Franklin, but the Rebels got lucky at the end of the game with some big plays (sorry Rebel27... LOL)... Franklin controls its own destiny in the region now... with its biggest game against Dickson in two weeks... at home... Brentwood plays at Dickson next week, and Centennial plays Dickson THIS week... a lot will be determined by the time Dickson comes to Franklin in Week 10... The Rebs will no doubt be playing for first, it's just a matter of where Dickson will be at that point...

I don't think anything that Ryan Nichols #9 did at the end of the game had anything to do with luck, Joe Bell was lucky t have three Bwood defenders all miss the Hail Mary, but his concentration was not luck, and lastly Matt Solima's ability to put the ball in the endzone time after time was not lucky!