South Doyle's Struggle

patriotghost79

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaching change has hurt. THey get rid of a great coach in Jim Swafford. He had teh program turned around. I think the seniors have quit on Coach Chandler b/c they loved Jim so much.

We miss you Jim , please come back

Coach Swafford was ajerk who ran an outlaw program at SD for too long. You want to know why the program is bad? They lost their offensive line coach because of Swafford and two really good backs. The kids there probably did love Swafford because he let them do whatever they wanted and act like complete thugs. I think whoever gets this job will have a lot of talent but will need a tremendous amount of disclipine!

One thing about South Doyle that impresses me... if you look in KnoxPreps Leaderboards for 5A stats the leader in tackles is Branham with 151 total tackles, almost twice as many as the number two. I realize that all schools do not report stats to KnoxPreps, but this is impressive!!!!!He has 86 solo tackles!!! Not bad, not bad!!!!!

WITH THE TALENT SOUTH DOYLE HAS HAD THE LAST 2 YEARS NOT INCLUDING THIS YEAR THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER.THE LACK OF A PASSING GAME TO MIX IN WITH THE FABULOUS RUNNING GAME DESTROYED ANY CHANCE SDHS HAD TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.TO PROVE A POINT STEWART COUNTY WENT TO A BOWL ONE YEAR UNDER COACH S LOST TO DEKALB COUNTY HE WAS HAPPY WITH THE SUCCESS THAT YEAR FINISHING 6 AND 5 BUT WITH THE FABULOUS TALENT SCHS HAD THAT YEAR THEY SHOULD HAD WON THAT BOWL GAME LET ALONE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Edited by footballfan007

WITH THE TALENT SOUTH DOYLE HAS HAD THE LAST 2 YEARS NOT INCLUDING THIS YEAR THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE MUCH BETTER.THE LACK OF A PASSING GAME TO MIX IN WITH THE FABULOUS RUNNING GAME DESTROYED ANY CHANCE SDHS HAD TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS.TO PROVE A POINT STEWART COUNTY WENT TO A BOWL ONE YEAR UNDER COACH S LOST TO DEKALB COUNTY HE WAS HAPPY WITH THE SUCCESS THAT YEAR FINISHING 6 AND 5 BUT WITH THE FABULOUS TALENT SCHS HAD THAT YEAR THEY SHOULD HAD WON THAT BOWL GAME LET ALONE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

fabulous talent and Stewart County DOES NOT GO TOGETHER. I was at that game between Dekalb and Stewart and they clearly had you out-talented!!!!!!!!!!!\

This issue is so much more complicated than good coach/bad coach. Jim Swafford was not perfect by any means, but he truly did have a love for the kids. You can laugh at that and say it isn't true but you weren't there day in and day out. Any one of you could have moments taken out of your life and displayed for the public that would make you look bad. I'm not taking up for the things Jim did and said that were wrong- but he was trying to do better. Regardless of whether they should have let him go- the way it went down was unfair. Friday afternoon at 3:00 is no time to tell a team they have no head coach, especially since the deciding factor happened at summer camp.

The coach that has taken over is a wonderful man. He is struggling with discipline mostly with Seniors because of their love for Swafford. He himself is a friend of Swafford's and has been put in a very tough spot. Aside from all that- you have the regular "football" problems in that S/D has no good blocking that pretty much cripples their offense.

It's really time to stop slamming Swafford and wish him well with whatever his future holds. He has a tremendous amount of football knowledge and a love for kids. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes and make someone a great coach.