Franklin VS. Brentwood AGAIN

REBELS915

Not that it is worth arguing about- since the game is done and over with, but I was proudly at the game cheering on my Lady Rebels and we get the calls because our tallest girl on the field (besides our Goalie) is about 5'6". Brentwood had some big girls who are very physical, but the calls were good calls. Granted, remember that there were only 2 refs rather than 3, which doesn't make since to me since it was the District championship game. . . seems like they should have 3 refs. But anyway- If you think it was an unfair or LUCKY game, wait til next week, I'm sure the two will meet again. . . ;)

Franklin scored late on a mix-up by the Brentwood defense... it was 1-1 at half... Franklin got lucky... and that's not trying to say that I'm for Brentwood or Franklin... just saying that Franklin seems to get breaks when it needs to... or calls, I should say...

Luck? They must teach a course at that school for excuses. Franklin has a special course in culinary arts and Brentwood has a special class in whining and excuses. I got to the match with 10 minutes left in the half and for what I saw Franklin dominated and should have won by a greater margin. They beat Brentwood to every ball and just out husseled them.

Listening to Channel 9 this week, Loudermouth may have left the booth but the way you all broadcast hasn't changed. It's all "we could have, would have, and should have", and don't bother giving any credit to the other team. Maybe after Dickson County beats you more of the air will be let out, but there so much hot air in your balloon it's just gonna take awhile to bring you down to earth!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Yes, the game is overwith and might i say that the only so called "luck" was when kate hughes shot and it slipped through the keeper's knee, that was the only goal brentwood had. The game was hard fought, and if you're complaining about the refs calls?! please! i don't think they called enough! there was one time when one of the players (name isn't to be mentioned) with both hands pushed one of the franklin players flat on the ground. And the ball wasn't even NEAR them. so yea, just wait till next thursday, i am pretty sure the two will meet.

Wow... no offense but to use the word luck is a little bit out there if i say so myself. Yes, we did get calls for us but i can recall Brentwood getting some calls at the end of the game. They got close to scoring on those opportunities..... but it seems like Franklin dominates when it comes to that subject. Brentwood's only goal came from a mistake on the keepers part. The ball was shot and she was right there and had her hands on it. The ball was slippery so it slipped right through and while she was still diving it went through her legs and the momentum she was going it his her foot and knocked in. Now, thats what you call luck! But hey whatever works right... they did score off of that so good job. Kaley Forrest had the first goal for Franklin from i think a direct kick...... but it wasnt lucky! It was curved around the wall up to the left, top side of the goal. If your facing the goal it was the left side... from where Stef was it was her right. It was a great shot... Stef was there but just couldnt get it over the bar and it went in. Brentwood didnt have many shots on goal until the end of the game. Franklin's second goal i couldnt really tell what happened... many people touched the ball. If anyone has any information on that it would be good to know. Basicly, all in all Franklin dominated most the game. The defense stopped many of Brentwoods opportunities and offense got some great goals. The girl Rebels915 talked about pushing with 2 hands on Franklins back didnt do it just once... she did it a number of times such as 4 or 5. She did it on purpose and everytime the refs just didnt see it. She should have been red carded for it. There is nothng we can do about it now. I was proud to see Franklin not retaliate and get her back. Played with some class. Thank you Lady Rebels. Great game Brentwood and we will prob. see you in Regionals.... good luck the rest of the season!!!!

To sum it up, It was Brentwood's roughness and "on the edge" physical game vs. Franklin superior ball skills and ability. I was concerned Brentwood would not be able to replace their former " hatchet woman " but it seems # 18 has managed to fill her shoes very well. You would think that after a dozen or so calls she should be ejected. She got the yellow in the first half but the ref wouldn't pull the card on her again. Probably afraid she'd beat him up too.