Livingston at Portland

nicole

I don't think that ptowns sportmanship is that bad. Do they earhole you at the whistle? Yes they do but it is legal as long as the whistle has not blown. I think the closer the game is the more aggressive they play. They have been in some close games this year and their really not use to it.

Four years ago Portland was playing us here in Macon Co. and I was on the chain gang. So I was On Portland's sideline and I talked to some of the players, mostly freshman (They are seniors now). They were very well mannered, Yes sir and No sir and all that good stuff I like to hear from young men.

I know Upperman has had one player that has been ejected from 2 games this year and nobodys talking about Uppermans bad sportmanship. Peetown gets a lot of attention because they have a successful football program.

Just my opinion.

late hits + foul mouths = bad sportsmanship we have a successful footbal program and I can tell you if any of our boys acted like Ptowns coach Satt would take care of it--

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest phsfan2003

As a Portland Fan, I am just beginning to wonder if the change in our staff has made a difference in some things this year. I know Barham and Chad Perry were always on those kids about doing everything the right way. I just saw a lot of leadership out of those two coaches. From seeing practice and the games, these two guys were like head coaches. I hope things get worked out.

PAPPA, would like to say,

GO LA,

If anyone has pity on p- town, its your own fault,

they need a good whoopin,

I LOVE IT,GO LA!!!!!!!!!!!

GET YA SOME,

PLAYOFFS ARE COMIN,MACON ,SMITH,P-TOWN,whomever,

its the second season ,

play times over,

GET YOU SOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAPPA

Edited by pappa66TC

Portland has shown some poor sportsmanship in recent years. Late hits, not respecting an injured opposing player, and running up the score. I work there and have noticed a change in attitude with Portland since they won the state. Trousdale runs up the score also, but still shows a little respect to the opponent.

Edited by MaconCotgr

Portland had no class last friday night. Late hits, constant trash talking and then some of the players after the game wouldn't shake hands. Their coaches, especially the head coach, was disrespectfull to our coaches. This unsportsmanlike behavior starts at the top and is taught because it happens every year. Some the things they do on the field our coaches would suspend us or even kick us off the team. If you have any doubt, check and see how many personal foul penaltys they have gotten this year. And for the Upperman player being ejected, if you're talking about against Portland, #7 beat him down and the upperman went back at him and got caught. Maybe they play that way to get you out of your game. It didn't work last Friday!!! GO HOGEYE!!!!!

I'm a former Portland player turned fan. The Livingston v. Portland game was the first game I could attend this year. I have to admit, last Friday night I was shocked and even embarrassed at the lack of sportsmanship Portland displayed. One doesn't necessarily have to enjoy loosing but there is such a concept as loosing gracefully. I did not see that last Friday night. :huh: Good game Livingston Academy.

Edited by danwastheman

While reading these posts I have realized that some people just want to talk down Portland. On the other hand, thanks bigB, Queenie, and yes, even Twan for your comments. Every team has a few players that get really intense during a game. I have not heard any mention of the unsportsmanlike penalties that LA got in Friday nights game. :o Oh, did you forget about that? Anyway, every team has them and has unruly fans, too. I've seen and heard them from time to time. I do know that a whole lot of teams hate Portland because of the many butt-kickings they have received. So, is that any reason to drag the coaches and players names in the mud? I don't think so. We have had a sucessful program in P-town and last season was a down year for us. This season is actually going better than I had thought it would, and I am very proud of the team and its coaches. Was Coach Perry mad Friday night? Yes he was, and he had every right to be. The interception late in the fourth quarter was not a catch. The officials ruled it a catch and then a fumble which the Cates kid supposedly recovered himself. He never had possession of the ball to even call it a catch in the first place, and it happened right in front of the Portland bench! ;) Yep! he was mad along with several players, coaches, and fans, including myself. (And I had a clear view of the so called "interception") But, the call stood and LA won. So, congratulations to LA and good luck, this region just got more interesting.

With great humbleness: PPride B)

Blame it on their location...being so close to Kentucky and all...

QueenBee:

I usually don't have much to say about anything you post at all. You seem fair about all your post. But maybe I took this comment wrong, and I apologize if I did.

But the comment you made, as seen above, sort of stuck me wrong.

See, I was raised in KY and went to school in Monroe Co. and the statement you made really stigmatizes KY. Not everyone in KY or TN act disrespectful. I can say that alot of these kids in schools now, DO NOT act like we did when we were brought up. Thank your Mommas & Daddies for the way we were raised.

But the people in Portland, did not get their "bad sportmanship" from being located near KY. I doubt KY has that much influence on that. I personally have not witness P-town acting that way. But I can bet you one thing, they are not the only teams that have shown this and sadly it will still continue.

As parents, you try to raise you kids right...But nowadays, some kids just don't have the respect, I guess we did.

As for Coaches & fans (adults) acting this way. All I can say is they know better.

Some of you may have heard this song...I think alot of adults men & women need to hear it. It is called "Walk A Little Straighter Daddy".. Kids follow our lead. Don't lead them down a road, they never need to walk!

Oh kitty kat you know everyone from KY and MC for that matter is half-turned. Lighten up a little. Gosh. Your team wins a couple of games one year and you take the opportunity to post that there are really good people from KY. BOO HOO. QueenBee was being real serious. Man I want to get to make another trip to Lafayette. Week 13 baby. Maybe earlier.