Games that you will never forget

cchsdawgfan

For me there are three in no particular order:

October 1994---White House trailed Greenbrier 14-0 at halftime, but forced overtime at 14-all.

Greenbrier's Derick Lucas and White House's Joey Lamborn put on a clinic in this game. Lamborn's 6th touchdown run of the game gave White House the 48-42 victory in 5 ots.

November 1996---White House trailed Humboldt at Humboldt in the second round of the playoffs.

Trailing 28-24 with less than 90 seconds to go, White House faced a 4th and 19 at their own 19 yard line. A screen pass resulted in 76 yards and a first down at the Vikings' 5-yard line. White House won the game 31-28.

December 1997---White House bolted to a 19-0 lead in the Clinic Bowl against #1 Melrose and claimed the state title with a 30-20 victory.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can add another great game to the Maryville collection.

Last fridays Maryville vs Central was great. It would have been a great game even had Maryville lost. Both teams laid it on the line. Both teams left it on the field. Every emotion you could have happened in that game. When Central was driving for that field goal before the end of regulation ,I was saying that Maryville had a great 34 game run,You can't win them all and Maybe They can play Central again. I hate it for that kid who kicked the field goal that went wide left. I know he feels bad. I will not be surprised if Central and Maryville meet again this season. Both teams put on a show.

I love going to Central to watch a game. I eat me a great Littons burger then head over to watch the game.

Why didn't UT recruit Cassen Jackson harder? He is another Carl Stewart.

That 7-3 game between BA and Clarksville NE was a great game in 95. Stephens was a hoss that year. The Red Bank game in the snowstorm against Riverdale where Riggs went wild was great too. One Nashville rivalry that has diminished that had a lot of great games was the Antioch-Overton (Farmers vs Teasippers)series. I remember Overton beating Antioch 34-29 in 1989, I believe. Both teams had some really good high school players. This was also the last year Warren Dunn coached at AHS before his untimely death from cancer. Another classic in this series was in 1993, when Antioch upset Overton in the season opener in an overtime classic. Overton went on to the State Semifinals that year behind the supurb QB play of future UT basketball star Brandon Wharton. Antioch started out 4-1 that year, but lost their QB to an injury and finished 5-5. What else is interesting about this game was after this season, Overton coach Doug Mullican left and was replaced by Terry Anderson (who is still there), who was the coach at Antioch. Antioch I believe has won six of the last seven in this series, but before that Overton ran up like 11 of twelve. This series is a lot like the Bama-UT series, long win streaks by both. Used to be a great rivalry, but because of rezoning leaving OHS in 4A, while AHS is one of the state's biggest schools in 5A now, the location of the New Antioch High School, and the alphabet soup private schools each has to deal with, its gotten kinda stale. But, I can remember being a kid in the late 80's and early 90's, this was a neighborhood rivalry with a lot of dislike on both sides.

1967 or 1968 Claiborne County vs. Pineville KY. in the Laural bowl. I don't even remember the score, but it was the first game I had ever attended, and it was 5 degrees when the game was over. It seemed that football was once played in the cold, but now days it is colder for baseball season than football.

well the best game i remember i need some help with .. was about late 80's or early 90's southpittsburg had a great team and seems like it was the playoff's the team they where playing was sunbright or i dont remember for sure who it was but the other team had a QB to this day is the best i have ever seen ,, at halftime they were beating SP 35-0 that QB threw the ball on the run 60 yards for a score wow he had a arm a blue chipper atleast i remember. 3rd quarter the QB was hit and broke his collar bone and was out of the game southpitt came back to win the game score was like 36-35... can some one elaberate on this game please. has been awhile

1998 State Semi-Final game

Elizabethton at Maryville

In the final minutes of the game, which Elizabethton was ahead, a Maryville player stepped a foot out of bounds around the 40 and raced to a touchdown. Can't be denied, it was shown on Knoxville television stations and was on game film. Maryville went on to win the state and had an excellant team. Never the less, this one sticks in my mind!