Chattanooga Area PreSeason Top 10

ChattSportsWriter11

I am not sure if Seqautchie had the two boys you mentioned or not. I saw them play at Cleveland in the Summer Camp. If the two boys you are speaking of have more height then it will help them tremendously. I think they should have a good team. I still have question's on if they can beat East Ridge/Howard in that District.

I think that East Ridge should be no higher than a 7 at this point. Granted that they win, I will move them up in my pole accordingly. I think the teams that i have ranked in front of East Rigde are quality teams and I think at this point, PreSeason rankings do not mean alot. It will mean alot after the first week of the season, or even more in late Febuary, early March.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

postup00, you do not know jajuan smith from what you just said because your wrong. i do know him very well and he just wants to win. you cant fault him for that. i guess what ever he is doing is good because tn. wants him pretty bad. maybe its just that your just jealous of his ability and your in the wrong for saying that about him.

postup00, you do not know jajuan smith from what you just said because your wrong. i do know him very well and he just wants to win. you cant fault him for that. i guess what ever he is doing is good because tn. wants him pretty bad. maybe its just that your just jealous of his ability and your in the wrong for saying that about him.

If you are saying that UT wants JaJuan Smith to play basketball I don't know where you get your info unless they want him to walk on. The Football team may be interested in him but not basketball because the VOLS don't have any scholorships left for this years seniors and only I think two or three for next season and those are reserved for National players like Tyler Smith & Louis Williams!

I think it will be a tough fight in the region between Bradley, Ooltewah, and Cleveland. Don't count Rhea out of the picture. They have some very talented three point shooters. When the Bradley boys were freshman, Ooltwah was the only team that gave them a good game. I expect Ooltewah to win their district. They have a mighty fine coach this year with Ron Baker there. I still think that Bradley has the experience, talent, and coaching to possibly contend for state championship again. It is a long season and a lot of things can happen!

yes, i agree with you mostly tnwareagle, however i think rhea will beat cleveland out for the 2nd spot in district 5 especially with the addition of former cleveland player tim cooper, losing tim cooper and trey sharp in the same year is terrible for the blue raiders, but they will still be a tough opponent for many teams none the less...and yes ooltewah did play bradley close freshman year, at least once, the first game ooltewah came out too confident since at the time they were undefeated and had been destroying teams and then they in turn got killed by bradley, however the 2nd game was a much better game for the owls who were in it until about 3 minutes left in the game where the game was within 6 points, then ooltewah began fouling shortly after, bradley greatly overmatched ooltewah in size since they lacked a true post player, now however they have a 6'4" junior in courtney white who can jump with anyone in the area and a new coach to relieve the problems they faced with hamrick so i think it would be interesting for these 2 teams to play, in my opinion they are the top 2 in the region bradley of course being #1 and then central and rhea right behind them, followed closely by brainerd and cleveland, i can't wait for the season to unfold

also, i would like to add that i had the pleasure of meeting tnwareagle today and i would like to say i enjoyed talking with you and getting to watch your daughter play today, she is a very pretty young girl and a swell basketball player too, maybe we could all have dinner before a region tournament game since you guys will be headed that way anyway and i live less than a minute from the high school so it would be right there, its just a thought so let me know what you think, and hopefully your son wont bust 44 points on us again like he did freshmen year haha

Hunter Augustino

Edited by mnewballer21

Mnewballer, why don't you just go ahead and ask her out on a date?? LoL, I'm just messing with you buddy...

I think that ChattSportsWriter has got a pretty good basketball poll. Since Region 3-AAA has a TON of talent, I think it's almost impossible to predict anything. Yes, there are the favorites(especially Bradley), but you all know how it is when you've got teams this good with great rivalries. A lot of these Region 3-AAA games will bring a ton of fans, and it could go either way on any give night!

BUT, I'd like to see my OOLTEWAH OWLS make a good name for themselves this year! Go Owls!

AAA: Bradley, Ooltewah, Rhea, or Cleveland. From these four I predict any of them to be in the top two in region. Cleveland could have been state bound if Smith had decided to play for them. Bradley has two of the top players in the state in Pickel and Hare but they have a weak inside team. Ooltewah has been on the verge of breaking out for a couple of years now, and Rhea has added Jenkins and Cooper to the standout Hyatt. What a district!

AA- Has to be Tyner or McMinn Central (or has Tyner moved to A?) Central has some returners but loss of all-state post, Mark Riden will hurt.

A- Temple as a forerunner again because of the emergence of the second Wadley and Skogan brothers. They may be better than group one. Chattanooga Christian has a good A player in Cook, but that may be all they have. But in their district sometimes one or two good players can carry a team.

Mnewballer, what team did you watch play and what girl are you referring to?