3A "Best" of Region 5 & 6

cavcav

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YEAR AFTER YEAR, PEOPLE SAY THE SAME THING ABOUT CROCKETT HASNT PLAYED ANYBODY OR THEIR SCHEDULE IS WEAK, OR THEY HAVENT BEEN TESTED. EVERY BODY PLAYS THEIR SCHEDULE MAY IT BE WEAK OR STRONG, SO IT DOESNT MATTER PLAYOFF TIME BECAUSE EVERY BODY IS 0-0. SO THIS SHOULDNT EVEN BE A FACTOR. I HEARD THIS SAME TALK LAST YEAR ABOUT MARSHALL COUNTY AND THEY GOT STOMPED 45-0. SO ITS BETTER MCHS STAYS QUITE AND DONT HYPE THE CAVALIERS UP, AND THEY MIGHT GET LUKY AND PULL AN UPSET. I HATE TO BE HARSH BUT REGION 5AAA CANT COMPETE WITH 6AAA'S SPEED AND ATHELET'S. IVE PLAYED IN REGION 6AAA AND AGAINST 5AAA AND I CAN HONESTLY SAY THAT REGION 5 IS GOOD BUT NOT BETTER THAN REGION 6.

DONT BE SURPRISED IF REGION 6 WINS ALL 4 GAMES IN THE FIRST ROUND.

THIS HAS BEEN A HIGHLY ANTICIPATED PLAYOFFS AND I AM EXCITED TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN. SINCE IM A FORMER CAV IM ROUTIN FOR THEM TO MAKE IT BACK TO STATE. AND BRING HOME A GOLD BALL.

GOOD LUCK CAVS AND STAY HUMBLE.

Greenbrier is always tough, but add to the fact they get to stay at home this year helps out alot. All of these teams from both regions are competitors, and any of them could go deep. I personally would like to see a Greenbrier- Crockett rematch in the quarter final. Talk about a rivalry being born........2002- 21 to 20........heartbreaker for Cats fans............2003- ???????????, but I can tell ya it would be a great one.

Greenbrier is always tough, but add to the fact they get to stay at home this year helps out alot. All of these teams from both regions are competitors, and any of them could go deep. I personally would like to see a Greenbrier- Crockett rematch in the quarter final. Talk about a rivalry being born........2002- 21 to 20........heartbreaker for Cats fans............2003- ???????????, but I can tell ya it would be a great one.

I agree with what you said about a possible rivalry brewing, but we have to get through a very good Jackson Southside team that is licking their chops at getting another chance to play Crockett.

Everyone seems to be forgetting about JSS, but they are 9 - 1 and played a tough schedule in earning that mark. I would be happy just to see us get past JSS. And, seeing as they have been ranked in the Top 5 most of the season, they will be the favorite coming into the second round game!

Now, before anyone says anything about "overlooking" McNairy Central......that is a game Greenbrier should win.......that doesn't mean they are "overlooked". But, I suspect that many will say that JSS is not a team that GB should beat. It will be another opportunity for the 'Cats to excel in the underdog role!

Should Greenbrier and South Side make it through their first rounds (and Im betting they both will), this will will one heck of a matchup. South Side is for real Greenbrier fans....take it from a Crockett County fan. They are huge up front, have some great skill players, and are well coached. If I had to say anything critical it would be that if I were a South Side fan I would love to see Coach Hayes open up the offense a bit. QB Jason Towater is a loaded weapon with the quickness to make a lot of things happen. He has a pretty good arm and he has some good receivers that can make plays. Hayes has always been predictable in his offensive philosophy and I personally think he has the players to do more than run the ball between the tackles. You guys be sure to beat up on one another just in case, Crockett makes it to the 3rd round to meet the winner.

Disclaimer: The above post comes with this disclaimer. I fully realize that anything can happen in the TSSAA playoffs. This post does not intend nor does it infer any disrespect (there's that word again) towards any teams that Greenbrier or South Side play in the 1st round, or any teams that Crockett will play in the 1st round or might play in the 2nd round. This purpose of this post is to say that a Greenbrier/SouthSide matchup in round 2 would be a great game. Upon reading of this post and disclaimer, the reader does hereby stipulate that the poster intends no "disrespect" towards reader's favorite team. No part of this post may be reproduced, retransmitted, or rebroadcast without the expressed written consent of Major League Basebell, the National Football League, and the National Basketball Association. Taxes, title and license extra.

Edited by Teddavid

Disclaimer:  The above post comes with this disclaimer.  I fully realize that anything can happen in the TSSAA playoffs.  This post does not intend nor does it infer any disrespect (there's that word again) towards any teams that Greenbrier or South Side play in the 1st round, or any teams that Crockett will play in the 1st round or might play in the 2nd round.  This purpose of this post is to say that a Greenbrier/SouthSide matchup in round 2 would be a great game.  Upon reading of this post and disclaimer, the reader does hereby stipulate that the poster intends no "disrespect" towards reader's favorite team.  No part of this post may be reproduced, retransmitted, or rebroadcast without the expressed written consent of Major League Basebell, the National Football League, and the National Basketball Association.  Taxes, title and license extra.

Well put! I like it! :D

With that said, I could say a lot of the same things about a Page vs. Crockett matchup as you said about JSS vs. GB. Page is a VERY, VERY good team. I expect a shootout between those two teams given that they both make it through their first round opponents. I expect that both 2d round games could go either way!

It would really stink if we ended up with a JSS vs. Page 3rd round game! I know there would be a lot of broken hearts in Alamo and Greenbrier......but it could easily happen!

Edited by FatCat

You said before that you won't post any "feel good" predictions like "Greenbrier by 3" (like I did) in the Greenbrier/Page game. Which, by the way, what was the score???? Greenbrier 21-Page 19, which in my math book equals THREE.

WatchfulEye I hope there was sarcasm in that last post....

...cause if there wasn't...your math book is full of "fuzzy math" (yep, you knew it was comin')...

21 - 19 = 2

Good luck to all the teams this weekend and especially for all the teams travelin that they have safe trips.

Everybody is talking bout Crockett, Jackson, Greenbrier, and Page. I guess everybody is forgetting about them. I dont think that they will beat Crockett but let Cavs keep looking past them and Marshall will win. But trust me I have played with Mario, against Herndon, Towater, Elliot, and Williams and none of them can play with Williams except Mario but I doubt. Herndon runs harder and has more confidence in his team but Davis is more like Williams than any of them.

And last year Greenbrier had no business hanging with Crockett.

Again, lets talk SOS and tha teams that all played, OK. It's easy to post good Wins vs Losers against loser teams.

Region 6 Teams SOS...........................Region 5 SOS

Lexington -5........................................Sycamore - 8

McNairy Central -24.............................Greenbrier - 19

J. South Side -31.................................Marshall Co - 33

Crockett Co -55...................................Page - 44

Average SOS -28.7.............................Average SOS - 26

Region 6 Oponents W-L.......................Region 5 Oponents W-L

Crockett Co-36-63..............................Page-46-54

J. South Side-50-49.............................Marshall CO-46-54

McNairy Central-50-49.........................Sycamore-54-46

Lexington-57-42..................................Greenbrier-57-43

Average W-L-48-51.............................Average W-L-51-49

Sure it's playoffs and a new season starts BUT if you haven't played in any tough games against tough teams and you have to start now it may be too late for Region 6 ;) . Looks like Lexington is the only team that played a schedule to touhgen them up for the playoffs and everybody else played whimps :D to fatten up their W-L. Anybody in Region 6 played 3 games, in a row, that the game was decided in the last minute of the game, huh? Greenbrier did, 3 of their last 4 games, against playoff teams. That's what I call playoff tough :P . They know what it's like to play the tough game and WIN, not play Christian school for a win. Region 5 takes all 4 1st round games. :D