Rye Cove, VA W 58-0

at North Greene R W 62-14

Cherokee W 52-18

at Jellico R W 79-0

at Cosby R W 59-6

at Unaka R W 72-13

at Appalachia, VA W 52-6

J.J Kelly, VA

Furthest team West they play is Jellico (up by KY on I-75).

My Question is are they going for the VA state Championship?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have pointed out as most have that Cloudland plays a weak schedule, but some of that they can't control - they have to play their region, and they did schedule some Va. teams who have been good in the past. I hate to see the boys put down because of a schedule they had nothing to do with. I do think it is a shame that they will possibly be hurt by not having played in a tough game when they have to figure out how to win in the 4th quarter. Cloudland fans - have a fund raising rally or whatever you need to do to finance a home and away with one or two of the perennial 1A leaders, like CPA, DCA, Sp, Collinwood, Moore Co. or Boyd. You've had a great season - be proud.

We tried to schedule Gsttlinburg Pittmam and Knox Catholic, both of these would have been a good test. Just could,nt work it out. None of the schools around want much to do with us except Hamptom. Only about five area teams are good anyway. They have nothing to gain by playing us, might get beat and lose gate money as well. So goes the life of the little bully.

I promise you they were not Cloudland fans that said that. Much to proud to say it even if it was true.(which it is not).

I can tell exactly where this thread is going... And it looks like people would get tired of reminding us that we have a weak schedule. WE KNOW! Its not like we plan it that way... We have our conference games...Which are weak... That we can't control... Then we schedule Cherokee a traditionly solid 4A team.... Then we schedule Sulivan East who is 4A and decent. They have 5 times as many students as we do... Then we schedule Appalacha Virginia. The runner up in the state last year. No way to know they would have the type of season that they have had. I could go on...But what is the use... Who cares? A NEW season begins a week from Friday. That is what matters.. If the weak schedule bites us in the playoffs there isn't much we can do about it then... Because I don't think the TSSAA will let us have a "Do over" so we can schedule tougher teams at this point.... So let it go..

Hey I was just stating a fact, didn't mean to rile your feathers. If those men weren't from your school yall sure do a good job of selling memorabilia. Usually when someone has a cloudland shirt and cap and jacket on you kind of figure there probabaly from that school. These were older and nicer gentlemen that have probabaly followed your team for many years. Only time will tell how weak or strong your schedule was. I say if you can beat SP or Boyd then you have a very good shot at the state championship.

I promise you they were not Cloudland fans that said that. Much to proud to say it even if it was true.(which it is not).

I believe that you need to ask around before you speak. There was a large group of Cloudland fans at that game. They went to see what we had to look forward to come the third round. (OK fourth round)

Edited by mtngirl

I believe that you need to ask around before you speak. There was a large group of Cloudland fans at that game. They went to see what we had to look forward to come the third round.

Thank You mtngirl. It should be the fourth round.

I believe that you need to ask around before you speak. There was a large group of Cloudland fans at that game.

I know there were Cloudland fans there that wasn't my argument. I just thought anyone from here would be to proud of our team to make such a quick decision. All the people that I had talked to that were at the game gave me a much different opinion. But hey...Only time will tell.. We both have to make it that far first...