Best offense and offensive coordinater

footballfan2003

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest riverrat

Strength, why do you want to go and spoil everyone's fun? The thread didn't ask for all of your excess verbage...it simply asked opinions on best offense and best offensive coordinator. But, if you think that it's simply all about the "horses" then explain the records of the Clarksville schools over the last several years. Yes, yes, I know that Northwest is winning this year but they shouldn't just be winning; they should be annihilating everyone they play. Northeast, Northwest, Kenwood, and Clarksville High have good looking "horses" year in and year out. Riddle me that, Strength coach.

We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails.-B. Calloway

Scott Smith @ Ezell-Harding.................end of discussion. I like what Franklin tries to do offensively, but if I had Joe Bell and Kevyn Murray, they'd sure see the ball more than they have over the last 4-5 games. Ditto for Brentwood. Whoever calls their plays should be dropped a notch for not giving Heimerdinger and Kellen Moore more opportunities.

Danny Nowell at Franklin is impressive to me in that he manages to take a college or even pro type offensive scheme and get all 11 players to understand what they are doing and how the check off sytem works at the line. To then run it from a no huddle arm-band system is even more impressive. Most 16 year olds wouldn't be able to stay up with him, but he goes over and over and over it and demands perfection from everyone. Matt Solima the QB for Franklin should be able to go to MIT and study astrophysics after the education he has received by Danny Nowell.

What is funny is when he starts to rant about what someone did wrong and then a lineman will point out that No, Coach he did the right thing but so and so forgot to do such and such, and I think that is when he knows that they understand because the kids know not only their responsibility but everyone else's as well.

I like what Franklin tries to do offensively, but if I had Joe Bell and Kevyn Murray, they'd sure see the ball more than they have over the last 4-5 games. Ditto for Brentwood. Whoever calls their plays should be dropped a notch for not giving Heimerdinger and Kellen Moore more opportunities.

Could not agree with you more!!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Franklin Offense - over 3000 yards in 9 games, 1600 by ground, 1400 by air.

What I find truly amazing with these numbers is the distribution to the backs and the receivers. Also, the fact that Franklin generally is playing on a short field offensively, due to field position battles being in the Rebels favor. With Bell and Nichols returning Kicks, and Bell returning Punts - not many teams give them a chance - pooching the kicks and punting away and short.

Danny Nowell has these guys running multiple looks and sets and is difficult to defend.

I bet Lincoln County has over 3000 yards in total offense and they have one regular season game left.

That system is not all that hard. A lot of times, if you get lined up soon enough on the play clock, the coach upstairs can call the check, relay it to whoever is signaling in the play and get in to the QB, no problem in about 8 seconds. I mean, it does take a smart and composed QB to be able to do that successfully, but really, its not rocket science. Plus, after about 3-4 games, the QB and the OC should be so much on the same page that they'll call the same game 80% of the time when given a defensive look.