How can a team only score 17 points in a season?

SupremeCourt

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the players of Clinton, stay strong brighter days are just around the corner for you. To the seniors on the team you are to be commended for not giving up on what you believe in stand tall and lead the underclassmen through these trying times. Because when you have gotten this taste in your mouth, you know without a doubt that you never want it again. What has been done is done, things to come can be what you want them to be. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!

Well, whoever's calling it now might should listen to the HD man. They've gone from bad to worse 116-17 first four games to 180-0 last four games - and that's BEFORE they play Maryville. Correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't most/some of the assistants been there for many years and didn't they bring in their "playbook" after the fifth game? GEEEZZZZZZ??????? Don't blame it on the coach leaving - that's what everyone there wanted?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ELA--it is kind of hard to describe what they are doing. I saw them against K. Central. They throw very little. The quarterback is a freshman with not much of an arm. When they do throw, they try to roll him out. When they rolled him left and he tries to throw across his body, he doesn't get much on the ball. When they run, they pitch it back to the back, with blockers in front and the line attempts zone blocking. After a couple of those runs, the defense figures this out and they put 8-9 guys at the line. Because they have so few kids on the team, most are playing both ways, and they fatigue quickly. Depth is the biggest issue. With the 24-25 kids they have lost since summer workouts, they really are playing JV kids against 4A comp.

Whoever is the coach next year will need to drum up enthusiam for the program and keep the parents out of it. Clinton has athletes. The basketball program is proof of that. Maybe Gaylor from Maryville would be the logical choice, but Clinton will really have to do a sales job and increase the pay. Whoever it is, I truly wish them the best. Not for their sake, but for the kids. They have really had it rough and they face Maryville next.

I want to say something good about Clinton. When OR middle school played Clinton in 00, 01 they were tough as a matter of fact as tough as they come. You kids hold your heads high. As usual we adults can screw things up for you kids. At some point there is nowhere to go but up. Hopefully that time is now.

Edited by Wildmanfan