Best Juniors in Middle Tennessee Football!

undecided1234

Mc9, you're right on about Coker. I also like R.C. Smith at Gallatin, a junior OT that goes 6'6", 300+. The Wilkerson kid at Northwest is a great prep back and runs downhill with good body lean. Also liked the QB at Mt. Juliet (Levi Brown) and think with a good summer full of camps he could develop nicely. Lincoln County's Gregory is solid as well and Centennial RB Curtis Steele will get a bigger role next year - still a little skinny in the legs, but he can fly. Charles Orona of Smyra (DB-WR) is another player.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Josh Gregory for Lincoln County

Running back that has 159 carries for 1049 yds and 23 TD's bringing him to a 6.59 yards per carry. Trouble he has is that defenses have keyed on him after averaging 150+ in the first 4 games this season, but that's opened things up for the quarterback to rush for nearly 1000 yards so far this season. On top of all that he's usually been pulled by the third quarter due to the score.

I know Steven Hotard, I thought he played linebacker? Derrian Watters is amazing, I hope he can live up to his brother's shoes, I played with him and WOW. Both the kickers can show up and play any night, I know they will go far into college, can't wait to see who they sign with next seasonl. I've been watching Franklin grow the past 6 years, and they are doin good. Their Junior class has their strengths, but it seems small for next year. Lets hope they can pull it together.

Edited by undecided1234

I'll second the nomination for Josh Gregory at Lincoln County. To do rack up the numbers he has in playing as little as he has played is remarkable. MUCH credit goes to his line and the fullback he follows. His QB creates a little diversion for him also...guess that's why it is a TEAM sport.

He missed one complete game with an injury, and has played little more than a half in several more. He still leads the midstate in TDs with 25.

CLASS 1A-3A IN MIDSTATE

RUNNING BACKS

Michael Wilmore (Smith Co.)

DeAngelo Johnson (Giles Co.)

Luke Landers (CPA)

Chris Wooden (DCA)

QUARTERBACKS

Josh Garza (Sycamore)

Dusty Ray (Gordsonville)

Burton Elrod (Lipscomb)

Joseph Ruddle (Wayne Co.)

WIDEOUTS