Arby's Classic

hshoops

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing you should ask home team what did Unaka do.Just look at there schedule and see who they play and that should answer your question.

But thats ok theres an old saying (what goes around comes around)and come round ball in the hall were gonna make let Tennessee High and company know why

they should have let us back in the ARBYS CLASSIC.

Just how good is Unaka going to be this year? I know Lewis & Chambers will be an impact, but who else is going to leave a mark? I understand that one of the stand out soph's has a bad knee and won't be playing... sorry, can't remember his name... seeems like it is Brent ? But who else is there?

Just how good is Unaka going to be this year? I know Lewis & Chambers will be an impact, but who else is going to leave a mark? I understand that one of the stand out soph's has a bad knee and won't be playing...  sorry, can't remember his name...  seeems like it is Brent ?  But who else is there?

Yes, Chambers will be an impact, but Lewis is not playing. Hasn't played since his sophmore year.The one with the bad knee is McInturff. But to answer you question, we also have two other great seniors. Collins and Jones. Derick Cline, a junior, is also a very capable player. And people may remember Tee Blevins from baseball? Well, it just so happens that he is pretty good at basketball too.

Edited by Rangerbook06

• 3 weeks later...

Some of the teams competing in this years Arby's are Science Hill - Irmo, SC - Daniel Boone - Riverdale, GA - Elizabethton High - Tabernacle Baptist of Bahamas - Sullivan East - Atletas Kaunas of Lithuania - TN High - Bradley Central - Honaker, VA - Giles County Dobyns-Bennett - Anchorage, Alaska Barlett - Gate City, VA - Briarwood NY - Memphis White Station - Puerto Rico's Baptist College.

First round games

Fri (12-26) 1pm Eliz vs Tabernacle / 2:30 Sullivan East vs Lithuania / 4:00 TN High vs Bradley Central / 5:30 Daniel Boone vs Riverdale, GA / 7:00pm Science Hill vs Irmo, SC / 8:30pm Honaker, va vs Giles County

Sat (12-27) 2:30 pm Eliz/Tabernacle lose vs East/Lithuania Loser / 4:00 White Station vs Eliz/Tabernacle winner / 5:30pm DB vs Barlett / 7:00pm Gate City, VA vs Briarwood NY / 8:30pm Baptist College vs East/Lithuania winner

Just to get you started.

still does not show anything new on the arby's classic website

The link on Coacht to the Johnson City Press has a complete list of the teams playing in the tourney. But to answer your question about who is invited from the local area, it's like a lot of tourneys across the state. A local team is matched against a team from out of the area in the first round. They then advance if they win or fall to the loser's bracket. There's not any other way that would be fairer. As to who gets invited---well I guess that is up to the tournament directors.

:huh: