Best coach

greaterest

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.....

How about a coach who has won 12 straight in the 'Boro in 4 years and completely turned around a program into a well oiled machine.

That little man at Shelbyville is pretty good too....

Other excellent coaches over the past 10 years in west Tennessee......Frazier at Gleason, Russell at Bradford/Gibson Co, Wizard at Westview, Patterson at Trenton/Liberty, Coffman at Dyersburg, North at JaxNorthside....

How can you talk about coaches unless you speak of Rick Insell, Jill Prudden, Jim Brown, David Russell, Lamar Rogers, and Larry Ricker. These coaches have won more championships than any other coach in the state. The thing that amazes me about all of these coaches is they do it every year. They may not win the state every year but they are in the running for it.

The Wizard of Westview/Kevin Mcmillian is the best young coach in the state if not one of the top in the nation.

Bud Brandon is another coach that is on the rise. Before he is done at Wilson Central he will have a power house built like his dad did many years ago at Lebanon.

Lynn Burkey: We all know Lynn from running one of the most succesful AAU programs in the country and helping Jill Prudden build Oak Ridge Basketball to what it is now. He has now went back to Greeneville to put that program on the map. Good Luck Lynn and wish you well.

As i always state at the end of my post this is just my opinion, you may or may not agree.

Everyone is different about how they measure the quality of a coach. From a parent's perspective, it is not always about how many championships you have received. The path you take to achieve your goal is the most important! When you work hard as a team to achieve a common goal, you are a winner no matter what! I realize this is not what is most important to everyone, but I am glad it is to me!

Guest Oakland

after a one year absence one of the better coaches in the state is finally back, jennifer grandstaff. oakland may be a lil down this year, but in the coming years they will be hard to beat with grandstaff occupying the bench