Brentwood Academy 27, MBA 24 (OT)

WesVLT

First off the play before the field goal was not a draw. The QB decided to take off and run on his own on a pass play which wasnt very smart. Everyone is freaking out about the snap and stuff but the fact of the matter is that this game doesnt even really matter. I agree with the time running out but i swear everyone was set.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

alright i just watched the entire tape of the game. if you will notice the referee does have a watch on, how else would they be able to keep the play clock? hmm, i see, yea and they also keep the game clock on it to.

dump,

first off which offical are you talking about? I presume you are talking about the backjudge having a wrist watch. Yes he has a watch that is used for 25 seconds/delay of game. It either beeps or vibrates (most vibrate) to inform him of 25 seconds violations. He does not watch the watch he watches his keys and the game as the ball is being snapped. But, it does not nor is he responsible for the game clock. If you knew anything about officiating mechanics you'd know that the umpire has responsibility for the game clock since the referee has his back to it. Jus ask your local officials they'll tell you. No one on the field in high school football keeps the clock. I do draw from a wealth of high school football officating in my past.

Simply the officials blew it and both teams start the playoffs this coming Friday.

the time did run out, but it was SO close of a play in time that i dont think i couldve distinguished a difference, i could barely on super slow-mo replay i just know i wouldnt have wanted to make the call.

I don't doubt that at all and I totally agree with you here. Frankly, I just am sick of hearing about this field clock. I just know what each official has responsibilities for in a situation like this. I'm done with this now... I can't shed any more light on it.

I do hope they play again. Planning on coming to see the game.

Good luck to all and keep playing hard. The officials....well can't worry about that nor do anything about it. That's life. :rolleyes:

The scoreboard on the field was not in sync with the official clock on the field. When the clock stopped at about 17 seconds it should have stopped at 20 seconds, the scoreboard keeper did not stop it in time but that is not the official clock. The official clock is on the field and according to it there was still time remaining when the ball was kicked. The field goal was not a bad call but was the correct call.

However much I doubt this, it may be true. But if the refs did have a different time than the one on the clock they definitely should have told the teams, changed the time on the clock, and told the fans so that all of this controversy would not have taken place.

Goodness can anybody read??????? Wes wanted this thread to be about anything to do with the game EXCEPT the clock issue.

I guess that's a sad commentary on our society. People would rather talk about one potential mistake than 100+ hard-fought plays between the top 2 teams in the state.

Go figure.

It will long be debated whether time had expired in regulation play at the BA vs. MBA game Friday evening which BA eventually won. What will NOT debated is that the long-snapper for MBA simply did not get the job done when it counted the most. A good snap, a good punt and BA would most likely not have had an opportunity to score and MBA would not have had reason to whine about the officials.