Brentwood Academy 27, MBA 24 (OT)

WesVLT

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sickening WildCat.  BA fought harder than any team around last night.  Taking that away from them is wrong.  MBA had their chance in overtime and did not get the job done.

What's sickening is the poor spots that MBA got in OT and the field goal that was counted even though everyone wasn't set when the clock expired...MBA had a chance in overtime, sure...BUT it never should have come down to overtime. Period. The refs might as well have handed the football game to Brentwood Academy personally.

Edited by wildcatfan

wildcatfan Posted on Nov 1 - 12:19 PM

What's sickening is the poor spots that MBA got in OT and the field goal that was counted even though everyone wasn't set when the clock expired...MBA had a chance in overtime, sure...BUT it never should have come down to overtime. Period. The refs might as well have handed the football game to Brentwood Academy personally. 

were you watching the game on tv ?? if you were , forget about what the announcers were saying , the spot was about right . there was no way he was close to the 6 inch line . i have no dog in the fight . all the other calls were botched , but the spot in overtime was not . you could plainly see on the replays he just got to the 2 or 3 yard line .

wildcatfan Posted on Nov 1 - 12:19 PM

were you watching the game on tv ?? if you were , forget about what the announcers were saying , the spot was about right . there was no way he was close to the 6 inch line . i have no dog in the fight . all the other calls were botched , but the spot in overtime was not . you could plainly see on the replays he just got to the 2 or 3 yard line .

I made my decision based on the replay- forward progression I THOUGHT had him to the 1 at least, not the three. I couldn't care less what Pat or Blake said.

wildcatfan Posted on Nov 1 - 12:33 PM

I made my decision based on the replay- forward progression I THOUGHT had him to the 1 at least, not the three. I couldn't care less what Pat or Blake said. 

i guess it makes a difference when you have your heart involved in it . i agree with you about all the other calls , MBA did get hosed . the overtime spot was not a bad call though . i would quit worrying about the national ranking , doesn't mean anything !! at MARYVILLE , we could care less about a national ranking . give BA credit for playing a great game , and just use those bad calls to fuel the fire for the rematch , which i'm sure will happen . in the long run , this controversy may be the best thing that could have happened to MBA this year . good luck to both teams involved , from an impartial observer it was one of the most entertaining high school football games i've ever saw !!!

The thing about it pep- I am a neutral observer.

Maryville is quite the football team. Congrats on another perfect season!

I typically don't talk about referees when my team is involved, or about officiating in the games that I call on the radio- but this was just bad- even if you leave out all the overtime, the end of regulation was horrendous.

That crew should be suspended and they should be looked into to to make sure they don't ever make these 'mistakes' again with other big games.

I am for one in favor of rotating the best crews to the biggest games to avoid problems like last night's.

i agree wildcat , it was bad . but in the long run i think a rematch would totally favor MBA now . nothing brings a team closer than feeling like you were wronged . i agree with rotating the best crews to the most important games . i think the high school games have gotten more complicated to officiate due to the better athletes and more complicated offenses . 3 yards and a cloud of dust is a lot easier to call than 4 wides and athletes running every where . this game is not the only game to be decided on poor officiating this year . the game officials need to step up their level of officiating , just like these high school athletes have stepped their games up !!!

the reason they keep it on the field is that if the scoreboard which is not official,happens to stop working as in some games it does. that is why. the scoreboard is just to try to keep the fans know how much time is left about,but it is not official it is just to help the fans know where it is in the game and the players but it is not official. the clock clearly ran 2 seconds after tyler giffin spiked the ball which is where the extra seconds came ffrom for the last second field goal.

Cementmixer, honey trust me. <_< Take this from a person who has officiated many high school games in the past... the officials in Tennessee high school football DO NOT keep any kind of clock ON THE FIELD. The only time this happens is when the scoreboard clock isn't working and the ECO comes on the field and sets up behind the referee.

Listen, I don't care who won this game. I just want you to understand that the officials have too many other things going on on the field and Not One of the five keep a clock. It does not happen. Please ask one of your local officials which official keeps a clock on the field. None do.

Whether you are a BA fan or MBA, take solice in the fact you're gonna see each other again this year anyway. You'll all get another shot at each other. Heck, I'm planning to make the 4½ hour drive to see the game myself.

Both of your programs are well respected throughout TN and for that matter throughout the US. Be proud of what you have, very few ever even see games the caliber you are used to seeing. B)

Now I know you're sick of the clock thing. I'll hush. :D

That crew should be suspended and they should be looked into to to make sure they don't ever make these 'mistakes' again with other big games.

What makes this such an "important" game? Why should we need really "special" refs for this game and not for other games. Refs are refs. They are the human element of the game that makes it fun. It has been this way since football was organized, and will always be that way.

Hey MBA guys.......the sun actually came out this morning!!!!!!!!!!