4 Tennesseans headed to Vanderbilt

BigRedBud

So far, 4 of Vanderbilt's 8 verbal commitments are local kids. I love seeing Vanderbilt target in-state talent. The only success Vanderbilt has seen in football in the last 30 years came when the program was loaded with Tennesseans ('74-'75 and '82).

I think there may end up being 1 or 2 more, but so far Cassen Jackson from Knox. Central, Jeff Jennings from Jeff. County, Demarcus Bradley from Springfield, and Jeremy Gales from Spring Hill have all decided to head to Nashville.

With the internet, it's pretty easy to keep up with these guys, but I would love to hear from the supporters of these kids and programs who see them week-in and week-out. What can the fans out there tell me about these kids? Thanks.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see Tennessee kids getting a chance. Vandy is signing them this year for sure. Last year I believe Auburn took more Tennessee kids than U.T.

U.T.'s most consistent OL is Scott Wells a kid the Vols almost didn't offer. You could also put Eric Westmoreland and Eddie Moore in the same mix as Wells. Last second signees, who were great players for U.T. I guess they would rather have kids from others states.

Go Rebs.

everyone says they couldnt compete if they took talent from inside the state, but i would take the top 15 every year against anyone, and good point starsnbarns on some of their best, most consistant players being from instate over the years, thats just a few also, i would add whitten, i would add riggs, but that wouldnt work, he probably wont even be here next year.

I've never understood UT's reluctance to go after in-state players any harder than they do. But good for Vandy - the fact these young men are being given that opportunity speaks well not only of their athletic ability, but their scholarship as well. I've only seen Jeff County's Jeff Jennings in person and he was a presence on both sides of the ball - power and speed.

Tennessee needs to do a better job of keeping players in state. Look at the Bullock twins at Nebraska. They offered Daniel, but didn't want Josh and now he is tied for the national lead in interceptions and was selected as a mid season All-American. They also lost Adarius Bowman who was averaging 21 yards a catch just a couple of weeks ago, and Willie Idlette has made several big plays at Wake Forest. These are all players from the Chattanooga area alone, I'm sure that their has been several others in the Nashville and Memphis areas.

I agree. I am the furthest thing from a UT fan, but I continue to be surprised at some of the in-state kids they "pass" on.

As far as other TN kids Vanderbilt is looking at, I know that they are staying in touch with a bunch of them. They would really like to land Lincoln County's Lamar Divens, for one.