CAK vs Cloudland

RBC

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to give it to the CAK fans, atleast they show good faith on here.  But inside everyone already knows the outcome of this game!  Its always good to think and hope for the best though.  I admire that out of the CAK fans!!!!  As for myself,  I think i will do what i do every friday night in Roan Mtn........wait until after halftime to show up!  This way i dont have to pay and i am there to watch and then tell the time congratulations on a big win!    I mean no offense but every week people on coacht say it will be a touch hard fought ball game, and every week its a brutal mess of a game.    I mean i dont want to go and just see Bryd run for 150 yards and 1 td and dakota run for 25 yards and 5 td, LOL  One does the work the other gets the stats.  Its not right really.  The one that works it down the field should get to finish it.  But anyway, i enjoy watching the second string much more.  Its almost an equal match on most nights.  I mean Cloudland is still better no matter what string but its just fun to watch.

As for shutting down the offense, that still means that you have to prove that you can score.  Something most teams this year have only been able to accomplish on the 3rd or 4th string!  As for the Cloudland fans on here, dont build up the secondary like that.  I mean its still weak, very weak.  Especially against the pass.  We saw that some last week.  And King still hasnt proven that he can make the takles when he needs to.  He has great hands but leaks alittle speed and takling ability.    The good thing for him is that he as a outstanding front, so the ball rarely even gets 5 or 6 yards. 

Cloudland, something else you should think about is kicking.  The last few games you have just took the easy 2's.  Just remember that those 2's wont always be as easy.  And if and when your in a tough close game the extra point could make all the difference.  So if the game does turn out to be a blow out, take the time to work on finding someone who can make the kicks for you! 

Cloudland------56

CAK------------28    (Second string allowed two tds in the second half!)

I would like to say congratulations to CAK and I think you have the respect of the coaches and the football team. However, I believe Cloudland will win. Mark Byrd is a great ball player. I believe he will be Mr. Football in 1A this year. Dakota Benfield has been the workhorse of the team, with over 17 hundred yrds. Neither one could have done this without a great line. Most of which should be all state. They have great coaching and a very good sense of team. Now, for you, not just a fan, don't try to start trouble on our team. It's plain to see you don't know your #### from a hole in the ground. We have a very good secondary. We also don't let one person get the glory for another. It's a team not like in Newland, where I think you are from. As far as our kicking game its not much. But, when you average almost 60 points per game, it will be all right. I don't think our kicking game has ever caused up to loose. :oB)B)

Edited by dogbreath

I think Cloudland has 1 weakness and it will be their downfall. It may not show untill the state game they have a good chance to go that far , but it will show. They are a first half team. There is no way 300 lb lineman can defend against a team with the speed of Boyd, SP or CPA. Their tongues will be hanging out the last 2 quarters. Lack of playing good competition all year will show up when they play top teams. If Byrd and Benifield can be contained and I think Boyd or SP may not contain them but they will really slow em down. By the same token Cloudland will have to do some containing also. It will not be as easy for Cloudland to make it to Murfreesboro as a lot of people think. If they do it will take a miracle for them to win. Miracles do happen though, everyday.

I've got news for you, krp. These 300 lb. lineman can move really good. They are in really good shape from intense conditioning during the weak. I think Warren Sapp would be offended by your remarks since he can contain for 4 quarters. But, if you want to keep believin that, then go ahead. As far as all the comments I've gotten over how week region 2 is, Region 2 is the second weakest region in the state besides region 1. However, Cloudland is a region by itself. We will expose all opposition. :ph34r:

To krp (you should change your name to "Cloudland basher"),

Pujo has stated over and over, all year long, that Cloudlands main concern is lack of depth. In other words, we already know what you have stated and I am sure Lunsford and staff have worked to compensate for it. As Flossie said, the boys work hard, and I have witnessed it, to condition themselves. I am confident that these boys can go all the way and look forward to seeing them face Georgia Boyd Buck in the fourth round. (sp will be beaten by them again)

Edited by RBC

Our lineman are a much better unit than our previous two, They are bigger ,stronger ,quicker and more mature. We can also sub alittle here and there, I differ a little with flossie on the strenght of region 2, i think they are stronger than regions 1, 4, and 8 ,I think its a tossup with 6. I wish all the playoff teams well except when they play my boys.GO LANDERS

To krp (you should change your name to "Cloudland basher"),

Pujo has stated over and over, all year long, that Cloudlands main concern is lack of depth. In other words, we already know what you have stated and I am sure Lunsford and staff have worked to compensate for it. As Flossie said, the boys work hard, and I have witnessed it, to condition themselves. I am confident that these boys can go all the way and look forward to seeing them face Georgia Boyd Buck in the fourth round. (sp will be beaten by them again)

How in the world is this bashing? I said I was sorry if anyone took my comments personal what else do you people want? Feel free to point out SP weakness anytime. I was only saying that lineman that size will be run to death trying to keep up with these speed demons. Any team anywhere is the same. Speed counts for a lot in football. Look back a couple of years at how fast ezell was against yalls line. It could have been anyones line if the factors were the same it would have come out the same. I'm am not putting anyone down I am just saying there are other good teams out there besides Cloudland, SP and Boyd. And that is exactly what lack of depth means. Whats available gets worn out with no replacments. All this Georgia Buck buck bulls###, now thats bashing. To their credit I know the boys work hard but so do the other teams but you seem to think the others just set at home watching TV untill gametime. As far as SP being beaten by Boyd. Unless you've got a crystal ball you can't say one way or the other.

Krp, I know you ain't bashing anybody. Most of us know that South Pitt works their butts off year in and year out. Over the course of the season, a few players have stepped up and we can give our lineman a little break now and then. Jake Gibbs and Chris Sheets are much quicker and in much better shape than last year. People may not realize this, but Sheets and Gibbs have played more downs this year than they did last year. These players have went both ways this year: Gibbs only played offense and Sheets defense last year. Cloudland may wear down in Murfreesboro but they won't wear down on their home field. B)

KRP, I saw nothing wrong with your reasoning, I,m sure you are hopeing we do have a weakness,believe me ,our line is much better this season. On another note, I think you have a very good shot against Boyd. Your boys seemed real nervous and made some stupid mistakes, that was the only difference.