CHEROKEE AT ELIZABETHTON PLAY-OFFS

A DOGMAN

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OFF TRACK, YES. Let's see, I think we are looking at the Cherokee=Elizabethton game.

Cherokee has huge backs that can run. Elizabethton has small backs that can run a bit faster. Elizabethton doesn't throw well and neither does Cherokee. May come down to special teams... I'll go with Elizabethton 20-14 :P

Will Coach Jenkins be on the sidlines Friday night. He is struggling with his health and he has to be a big boost when he is there. I am sure that when he is there. it has to be uplifting to is players. Seeing him fight his battle has to give the boys high spirits and want them to fight for him as well. Jenkins is a fine man and all of us wish him well.

hey i like your reply superfan, but you have not finished your homework on Cherokee. They lost on to top teams and won over the average teams. All the teams they lost to are in the play-offs. Elizabethton could win, I wish them well, but the score will be close... Cherokee 21 Eliz 18 Because they cannot kick extra points

First off, good luck to both teams. However, I must say that those of you that think this will be a blowout, could be quite wrong. Chris West is a monster running the ball when he's fired up. The game will depend on which Cherokee team shows up. If the wrong team shows up, it could be a blowout in favor of Betsy, but if the right team shows up (no offense Region 1), it could be 3 or 4 games won by the Region 2 teams. I do think that Cherokee will have trouble stopping the speed of Bailey, though. Cherokee also has a sneaky passing game. They pound you with West and then will play action bomb you with a fast and talented wide receiver. Should be a good one to watch. I wish Coach Jenkins well in his health struggle.

Come on KRich,don't be negative towrd Betsy because you're a ranger fan! good luck to all our Carter County teams and to our East Tenn teams as well!

Hey Cyclone...I wasn't being at all negative toward Elizabethton; and infact I've picked them to win.

I was simply reminding the Cyclones that this Cherokee team is very capable. They are a very talented team.

My being a Ranger fan has nothing to do with how I see this very interesting game. I think it could be the best game in the county.

I'd love to be able to watch it, but I'll be with the Rangers Friday night ...then on down the road a ways for a recruiting visit with my son. Good Luck, Carter County!!!

some info clone fans might want to hear, rumor is that you or hv are getting a quarterback transfer for next season from the winston salem area. his father oversees a chain of groceries stores ingles. this kid is 6'4 and 205 will be a sophomore next season. threw for over 1600 yards and 21 touchdowns this season for his high school varsity team as a freshman. suppose to be a good three sport athlete. could be a big boost for one of those team even though both have some young qbs.