Giles County's 6th Man

wneely

It's that time again, people. Giles County's men's basketball team tips off Saturday at 11 o'clock. Saturday is the birth of the official GCHS students only cheering section, the Sixth Man. All members, both new and old are encouraged to come out and get crunk for the Bobcats. The scrimmage tips off at 11, but Sixth Man members are encouraged to come out to the gym at about 10 o'clock. Casual wear will be fine, but if you have some black and gold you want to wear, go right ahead!

Hope to see you all,

Wade.

(Also, the Sixth Man will be having guests of honor once again this season. Petey, goldenboy, anyone who is interested, let me know. I probably will miss a few games this year due to work, but I am trying to get to every game.)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all to all those haters at Sycamore and Kingston how can u possibly think u have the crunkest crowd? Sycamore came by the bus load to our place, along wit another team in their district and we still embarassed them at region. As for Kingston, if we would had seen u in M'boro, maybe then we could have seen how crunk u are or say u are. Anywayz the 6th Man, although under new management, will have the rowdiest crowd ever, more dump than last year. Maybe even in the South.

November 11 at 4:15 the 6th Man will once again dominate another crowd, this time from Hickman Co. , so if u think ur crunk bring ur junk.

First of all how did you embarass us? Oh saying get new shoes? That really hurt our feelings. And all your chants sounded alike. I hope you found new material. And one more thing why do you keep changing your name of the student section? Last year it was Bench Mob, this year its the 6th Man. Pick one or the other.

I would perfer Bench Mob since the real 6th Man is at SYCAMORE!!!!!!

Thanks for inviting me to join ya'll but I don't know how much free time I'll have this year with college and all. I've got three stupid reports due next week. But like I said when ya'll play Columbia at home or some of those other big schools, I'll try to come. But so I don't get in trouble, everybody remember I am from Lewis Co and when I go to our games I do cheer for us. We're gonna miss you a lot Tim. :D

Hey golden boy tsk... tsk.. tsk... have u lost all your dignity....yea i caught ya...sayin thanks for being invited to a highschool cheer section...you r a mans man.Man have u ever been to a UT football game? PLease tell me u have and when u get there do u stand up and say" Hey UT fans, thanks for letting me cheer with u" golden boy it's clear to me that u dont realize that u r a freshman in college,not highschool

Edited by joecowboy

I think this year is the year for all GCHS fans and by the way statebound15 the fans name last year wasn't the benchmob. The benchmob was Travis Gentry and Josh Haney, so if your going to say anything about us just make sure you atleast know what your talking about. We will be the crunkest student section, just like we were last year. Our team has been looking pretty good in the 2 scrimmages that we have had so far. I am just ready for our first home game w/ Columbia i think it is on Dec. 4. If anyone wants to come you will be seeing a great game and GCHS will hopefully come out on top.

Goldenboy you know who this is. We have to show up to as many GC games as we can. If I have to cheer for anyone in this district it'll be Giles Co. When they come to Lewis Co. we need to be in their section, after seeing them goin crazy while i was playin last year, i can't wait to get in the middle of it. Let me know what u think goldenboy

Hey statebound15, you really should know what you are talking about before you get on here. The benchmob was the guys on the bench especially two seniors that played alot of minutes off the bench, it had nothing to do with the student section! As far as the Giles County fan base goes we filled well over half of The Murph last year. NO OTHER SCHOOL EVEN CAME CLOSE to that amount of fans! When we played Bolivar last year, people lined up at the doors to the gym starting at 4:30 when the tip off was at 7:30. People in our district understand what all the hype is about because they exprienced it last year. That is why so many people from other schools ask to be a part of our student section.