Wayne County vs Ezell Harding

twh06

Woah. Hang on. Wayne County is champion of a weak region. Proof being that last night, CPA whipped up on Collinwood, DCA could have scored 70 on Moore Co., and Ezell whipped MPleasant. Ezell lost to the 2 best teams in 1A and the best team in 2A by only 2 TD. Ezell had over 200 yards RUSHING last night. Wayne Co. is supposed to win?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 cents is that the same applies to Wayne County as does Cloudland.

Play Somebody then talk your stuff.

Wayne Counties Schedule

Fri Aug. 29 Lewis Co. L 18-24

<Fri Sep. 5 Huntland R W 24-13

<Fri Sep. 12 at Forrest R W 33-19

<Fri Sep. 19 at Cascade R W 34-9

<Fri Sep. 26 Columbia Academy R W 22-13

<Fri Oct. 3 at Cornersville R W 32-0

<Fri Oct. 10 Eagleville R W 41-14

<Fri Oct. 17 at Collinwood R W 28-15

<Fri Oct. 24 Mt. Pleasant R W 34-14

Fri Oct. 31 at Moore Co. R W 18-2

Fri Nov. 7 Davidson Academy W 50-29

Ezell Harding

Fri Aug. 29 at Goodpasture L 20-34

Fri Sep. 5 at Davidson Academy R W 33-20

Fri Sep. 12 at McEwen R W 41-7

Fri Sep. 19 DCA R L 13-38

Fri Sep. 26 at Franklin Road Academy R W 22-8

Fri Oct. 3 CPA R Forfeit (53-14) W 1-0

Fri Oct. 17 at Nashville Christian R W 49-20

Fri Oct. 24 Jo Byrns R W 40-0

Fri Oct. 31 David Lipscomb L 7-21

Fri Nov. 7 Mt. Pleasant W 42-13

Looking @ this if i wasnt biased i would say Wayne County should win rather easily, but i wouldnt bet on a team from that region beating anyone from Ezell's region, which is exactlly what happened. Wayne County is the lone representative left after 1 round of playoffs. And on top of that they get to play the #3 and #4 seed from that region thats pretty good shakes imho. Ezell is actually a 2 seed but we all know they should be a #3.

My contention is this. WHO CARES whoever wins goes home next week!!!!

Just one minute Chakra20.

I know region 6 is down but look at what Ezell has done.

I have seen FRA, JO Byrns, DA, and I know how good McEwen and NCS are.

Let us all face it DCA and CPA are hands down the best two teams around.

The question I have is what quality win does EZell have? They have lost to four very good teams, but I don't see a quality win on their schedule. I am not saying Wayne Co is a world beater. Ezell may kill Wayne County, but your argument holds not water with me. Take DCA CPA out of the picture and I believe the regions are equal.

I hope everyone has a safe trip down.

Let me hear about Ezell's defense. How well do they defend the run?

The keys to beating Ezell are:

1.great coaching

2. Team Speed on defense

3. Establish the run

I know Wayne County can run. Don't know about the other 2. Should be a great game. Personally, I hope WC wins. If we beat DCA, I would rather play Ezell - not because I am sure we can beat them, but it is hard to beat Ezell 3 times in a row.

Hey unbiasedspectator big crap that Ezell had over 200 yards rushing, Wayne County had over 400 yards rushing. You are not going to beat the Wildcats by running the football. I realize Ezell has an excellent quarterback so talk about him not your rushing game. And for divepix, you are right that wayne county has a ground game but I can assure you that they have excellent speed to go along with strenght on defense. Coach Crews also does a great job coaching with whatever talent level his team has. He gets his player to play 110% every night and always has a game plan going into each game and sticks with it. I realize you dont know much about Wayne County football and I'm just telling you.Great post Bob, I dont see much of a quality win myself. As for the game, the wildcats are rolling and are playing there best football of the year. I think the game will be great(hopefully the refs dont determine the outcome) but the wildcats are simply playing well. Good luck Wildcats throughout the playoffs.

FINAL SCORE:

Ezell Harding- 14

Wayne County- 27

fbgirl is correct wildcatpride. This year, Region 5 has home field advantage regardless of the teams playing. If Round 3 is within the same Region (eg CPA/DCA vs Ezell) then the highest seed team has home field.

This year, the Round 4 will be a home game for whoever wins the Round 3 game.

Edited by OnlineLC

Here's a point. Ezell beat D.A. by 13 points. W.C. scored 50 before the fourth quarter began. I'm picking W.C. by 20 points. This is hard to say but, I hope the Cats can go all the way. With the defense they have, it's a possibility. Make it happen Kittens.(That's supposed to get you fired up, Kitty Kats.)

Greenman i hate to break it to you but you cant exactly compare scores. Here's an example. Nashville Christian beat Jo Byrns 7-6 and lost to Davidson 27-14. Jo Byrns beat Davidson something like 35-13. Ezell lost to lipscomb 21-7, but got beat by CPA by about 5 or 6 touchdowns. Does this mean CPA would beat Lipscomb by 2 or 3 touchdowns?

My point is you cant compare scores of games like that. Davidson has played inconsistent all year long so you never know if they played like they played from one opponent to the next, the same with every team. Unless Wayne Co. just has an incredible passing defense and game plan i dont see them making much of a game out of this one, judging by the way Ezell has been playing.

My prediction: Ezell 38, Wayne Co. 17