Wayne County vs Ezell Harding

twh06

I don't understand why everyone is worried about Ezell. In reality they are the third best team in their region facing a team that is 10-1, winning the last 10 in a row. Ezell has really lost 4 games to CPA,DCA,Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. They scrimmaged MBA in August and lost 21-7, they scrimmaged a very average Collinwood team and beat them by 7 touchdowns with Collinwood never scoring. Wayne County should be a heavy favorite......Ezell will have a hard time stopping the wildcat running team and will be hard pressed to score any points at all... the wildcats and their legion of fans should be planning ahead to the winner of CPA and DCA.......poor little Ezell, all dressed up and no where to throw....I have heard that coach Smith is thinking of forfeiting and not even making the trip down to Waynesboro!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why everyone is worried about Ezell. In reality they are the third best team in their region facing a team that is 10-1, winning the last 10 in a row. Ezell has really lost 4 games to CPA,DCA,Goodpasture and David Lipscomb. They scrimmaged MBA in August and lost 21-7, they scrimmaged a very average Collinwood team and beat them by 7 touchdowns with Collinwood never scoring. Wayne County should be a heavy favorite......Ezell will have a hard time stopping the wildcat running team and will be hard pressed to score any points at all... the wildcats and their legion of fans should be planning ahead to the winner of CPA and DCA.......poor little Ezell, all dressed up and no where to throw....I have heard that coach Smith is thinking of forfeiting and not even making the trip down to Waynesboro!

Reverse psychology from an Ezell fan, huh.

Just one minute Chakra20.

I know region 6 is down but look at what Ezell has done.

I have seen FRA, JO Byrns, DA, and I know how good McEwen and NCS are.

Let us all face it DCA and CPA are hands down the best two teams around.

The question I have is what quality win does EZell have? They have lost to four very good teams, but I don't see a quality win on their schedule. I am not saying Wayne Co is a world beater. Ezell may kill Wayne County, but your argument holds not water with me. Take DCA CPA out of the picture and I believe the regions are equal.

I hope everyone has a safe trip down.

Let me hear about Ezell's defense. How well do they defend the run?

I dont understand how you can say if you take CPA and DCA out of the region the region would be weak. Thats like saying if you took the Titans, the Colts and KC out of the AFC the NFC would be better. The fact of the matter is someone is getting a big head due to their weak schedule and that it doesnt really matter who wins because they are gonna get killed next week. <_< Hey, but if you take the best two teams in the region away then the two regions become even. I take back my first prediction, I say its gonna be Ezell by 3+ tds not two.

This is what i have to say about the strength of schedule. Ezell has a ton more quality games maybe not wins than Wayne County. Ezell Lost to DCA, CPA, Lipscomb, and GoodPasture. Played the two 2a schools better than the ones in their district. I think the reason for this is DCA and CPA know Ezell's offense since they see it every year @ least once. Trust me Wayne COunty it will be your first time to see it and its a lot of fun to watch, if your an ezell fan!

Chakra makes a very good point here in that Lipscomb and Goodpasture did not hold the Ezell offense as well as CPA and DCA did and yet these are undoubtedly good 2A teams. I know from a CPA perspective the defense against Ezell is as much academic as it is athletic and if you are not prepared for it in both aspects you get burned very quickly. It is a lot of practice and also a lot of homework and most teams are not prepared.

Though the pure talent level is down a little this year at Ezell losing Blackburn Owens and several good linemen, I like their play a little better in that it is a little more balanced with a mix of run and pass.

Schlappi has a good feel for the field and can find his receivers quickly. Gettis is quick and will get quite a few yards after catch. You cover that, then they get you with Kyle Todd on a run.

You can look at the CPA and DCA scores against Ezell and think you are fine, believe me if Ezell win this week, whoever wins the DCA/CPA matchup will not rest up for week 3. They each know how quickly Ezell can score and will not take anything for granted.

Ezell would have had to have had a major decline over the past 3 seasons to lose this game. If Waynesboro had a major weakness that I could see, it would be pass defense and team speed. They are bruisers and not going to win any sprinting contests. I'm going to have to go with Ezell on this one. I still think that the wildkittys are overrated. Waynesboro folks, if you win this game, I promise to give you the respect you think you deserve!

My gosh, Hollywood, you can't be who I think you are or you would be pulling for you neighbors. As far as Schliappi is concerned, its not like he'll have all day in the pocket to pick us apart. He'll have to make quick decisions against a fast pass rush. If we can execute as well as we did against DA, I don't see how we can lose. We have too many dimensions on offense, and our defense has kept us in games when we have had costly turnovers. If we can hold on to the ball, we can score with anyone.

I just can't see Ezell winning this one. Wayne County is solid all the way around and from what I have heard Ezell is very overrated. Wayne County will be hard pressed not to overlook Ezell because of the matchup next week with the winner of CPA/DCA....Smith can't coach in the big game and the administration wants him out at the end of the season. Wayne County could be playing their seconds by halftime...ezell can't score, can't play defense and as I said Smith cant coach in the big games