Wayne County vs Ezell Harding

twh06

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not misled by a sore loser, I was stated an opinion of the Ezell player based on comments from CPA players (one of which was my son) who palyed against him and had first hand knowledge.

I also stated that his lack of sportsmanship was not the norm for Ezell or other teams, public or private. Most kids play the game right - some don't.

Divepix it must have been your kid where comcast cable kept showing the kid Gettis hit and stuff went flying everywhere. I did not see one dirty play from Gettis when they played CPA. I saw where he put 3 or 4 kids on their butts while blocking down field.

If you think Gettis is a punisher wait till you see his younger brother baby.

No, it wasn't my "kid", but it doesn't matter who it was. And as far as CPA players getting the stuffing knocked out of them, you do remember the score don't you? Ezell was never in the game, so who did the most hitting?

I never questioned Gettis' ability or excellent play and I recognize he is a great player. He and Sikes are the best receivers in Region 5. But, there are many great players that don't know how to play, or lose, with class. He got frustrated because he couldn't dominate the play, score enough, stop CPA receivers, or win the game by himself and he resorted to cheap hits along with the good ones, and trash talking.

To suggest that the CPA players were outplayed or outhit by him is ridiculous considering the result of the game.

I don't think Gettis is a punisher and I certainly am not your baby.

Lol well i dont know why this is such a big topic i mean who? Other than wayne county thought they where goin to beat EZELL HARDING? U need to use simple judgment people they didnt play anyone other than i think a down collinwood team and hoenwald but i guess if 1 out of 2 isnt bad they had a great year. To bad they lost now i can sleep well at night lol yes.

Wayne County had a tremendous season ....great players and a solid coaching staff, it was a great game with calls missed on both sides by the officals...Ruddle is a great player who will play someday on Saturdays. The Ezell players and people were treated well at Wayne County and we wish you luck next year with your team...the young man injured has been in our prayers this past week

I would just like to say a short thing about the class of Gettis. I've personally been on the field with Gettis and seen his class. He could have killed me- literally- and instead he merely slowed down, caught himself, and told me to keep playing hard. Sure this may be only one instance and maybe im just livin' right but throughout the whole game he showed nothing but class.

And maybe i wont say just something about Gettis lol. As far as playing against private and public schools, the sportsmanship of the private team's players far outweighed that of the public schools. Not to urge on the dissention between the public and private supporters but i feel that maybe some on field insight could be helpful as opposed to it from the stands. I may not see everything that goes on but i definitely hear about it lol.

After reading all the posts and seeing the game I have came to this conclusion: Wayne co. has no depth. Losing one player by their on admission put them out of the game. Next year might not be Pleasant for them.

he was one of the best players on our team. our defense revolved around him stopping the pitch play and our offense was ran behind him and adam harris. they were a great pair to watch but when avery got hurt, we just weren't nearly as affective. people are saying that since wooden might not play then ezell will win against dca, well that's the same thing in our case. we had to have all of our best players to win and when he got hurt, we got beat.