2AA

goob5804

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cornett55--

Just for the record, any penalty at any time can be declined. And if it was a false start, the play would have been blown dead. The same signal is given for false start and illegal formation, which is not a dead ball foul. I believe that particular penalty was declined when there was about a 1-yard gain on the play and Sweetwater wanted 2nd-and-9 rather than 1st and 15.

As far as a player not being aware of a certain rule, well, that's not the fault of the officials. Once again, as an impartial observer, I thought it was a fairly well-called game. I saw a couple missed calls that might could have gone against Sweetwater -- a hold on the fake reverse kickoff return, and a pass interference on GP's last drive.

I thought holding was missed all night on both teams. I know the Sweetwater DE had the quarterback nailed on two occassions, but was being tackled.

And for the interference...that play never should have happened. The guard and tackle jumped a good two seconds before the ball was snapped. I thought the corner got there the same time as the ball.

Couldn't see anything on the reverse, I was like the GP team...trying to find who had the ball.

There where alot of questionable calls at the SHS-GP game but another thing that I noticed (not to point out all the bad things) that some of the spots given by the refs where horrible! I don't know if it was due to the muddy field or bad contact prescriptions but some of the spots where awful......but I can't complain to much the cats pulled off the big win and can't wait 'til the game in Alcoa next week its goin to be a game that you don't want to miss.

well, just for the record , no you can not take or decline any penalty.

a false start is a dead ball foul and since it is a dead ball foul it is a 5 yard penaltyu , and the rule is you cant bring a resevier to the sidelines , looking like he is going out of the game and run the play . anyways if that was the call by the refs isnt it a penalty before the ball is snapped and the play would be null n viod? im not taking anything away from sweetwaters players they played a good dame and won ok, i just think that the reff in tssaa is terrible agree or not? thanks guys n good luck to all bobby c

well, just for the record , no you can not take or decline any penalty.

a false start is a dead ball foul and since it is a dead ball foul it is a 5 yard penaltyu , and the rule is you cant bring a resevier to the sidelines , looking like he is going out of the game and run the play . anyways if that was the call by the refs isnt it a penalty before the ball is snapped and the play would be null n viod? im not taking anything away from sweetwaters players they played a good dame and won ok, i just think that the reff in tssaa is terrible agree or not? thanks guys n good luck to all bobby c

Umm, the Sweetwater receiver broke...and went to the GP sideline area. So, he wasn't "acting" as if he was going out of the game. They ran that set twice. The first time, he broke and lined up near the sideline on the Sweetwater side...no flag.