chatt. central

purplepounderfootball

remember...jones is a master mind at makeing plays and i feel like he has alot in that no one has seen. i dont know that for sure but i know how he is he is a great coach and he will be ready. HTV did a good job of caping off the team for you but ill remind you that just because thats the way it was for powell dont mean much to jones. he will have some of those guys doin other things and can teach this team stunts on o and d within two days and have them running it like they have all year. hes amazing and so is this team. should be a great one.

Edited by purplepounderfootball

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

remember...jones is a master mind at makeing plays and i feel like he has alot in that no one has seen. i dont know that for sure but i know how he is he is a great coach and he will be ready. HTV did a good job of caping off the team for you but ill remind you that just because thats the way it was for powell dont mean much to jones. he will have some of those guys doin other things and can teach this team stunts on o and d within two days and have them running it like they have all year. hes amazing and so is this team. should be a great one.

How can you say he is a "mastermind"? You have ran the same plays ALL YEAR with the exception of the option that was put in a few weeks ago. It's either draw to Medlock, draw to Davenport, or keep by Despaux. Every once and awhile you throw it or run the option, but rarely. I will give him credit on this, his punt block is awsome! I do have one more question though, how do you stunt on offense? Good luck to the pounders.

my bad on the offensive stunt it was a typeo. good point doc this is the same arguement i have for people saying that despaux dont throw...stats dont lie. and we may run mostly out of shotgun but trust me....there is alot more they have in the playbook.....thats why i said that there was alot people havent seen yet....i stick to my original staement jones is a master mind....period....you'll see.

Had to think about the spread on this one for a while. I think Chatt Central's weak schedule does them in. They have some fine talent, and the coach there has done a great job taking that program back to respectability, but Maryville has been here, done that. They have so many sets they can throw at you, and are so disciplined on D, that they put teams in a panic mode from the start worrying about falling behind.

I think Chatt Central will play with them for a while, and if CC can stick around to the end, one of their players could make a big play to win. I think they would have to have Maryville help them with turnovers to stay in it. But my guess here is the Red Rebs by 24. Good luck to both teams.

I have listened to what everyone has said, and took it into consideration, but being close to the central program, here is some things u don't know from the outside looking in...ever since tyner, central has been playing quite shorthanded. Tyner saw one of the best players in the state go down, as well as some players get dinged up. After tyner, we have had players healing and have been running a limited offense to allow players to heal. so yes we have been finding a groove of what works against teams and being conservative on offense to just try to escape with a win leaving the game up to our defense...sometimes giving the other team a short field to work with. The central team has not been this healthy all season since heading into tyner, only minus hayes. right now for the first time in weeks, the offensive playbook is wide open and no hold backs, cause this could be it and our core on offense is finally healthy. defensively, we will be able to match up with maryville as well as apply some pressure. this defense has not been allowed to just put on a defenswive clinic in a while and not win the game for the offense, now it's a full team, and i'll take a healthy pounder team against any team in the state. We may come away losers in this game, but maryville will walk away knowing they played a good team that matches them physically and athletically. the edge maryville does have is experience in the polayoffs and coaches experience in the playoffs. central's advantage is no one is expecting them to compete, definite momentum for these guys, and they have nothing to lose. if we lose, we go home, we were expected to lose. if we win, we have the biggest upset in this area in a while. playbooks are a lot bigger when u have NOTHING to lose. Good luck to both teams, but definitely don't count out those pounders, cause athlete for athlete, player for player, it IS an even match. this game is actually on the coaches. Which coach has his team more ready to play? and what coaching staff coaches the best from the sidelines. gameplanning is good, but the whole gameplan changes once u get on that field, because with athletes that can make plays, u can't practice or gameplan for miss tackles or speed.

GOOD LUCK POUNDERS!!

Chatt Central has not played a team like Maryville in Chattanooga. Not even Tyner is on the same level. That's not to say that Maryville will win by 35 or 40, but I don't think it will be competitive.

As much as you think you can match up, you can't. Athletically maybe, but skill wise, Maryville is too talented. Maryville executes very well. If a game is close going into the 3rd quarter, Maryville's depth and strength and conditioning allows them to wear opponents down. That's what happened last year to Hillsboro. I hope Chatt central comes ready to play. Maryville definitely will.