Smyrna VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

Guest region4fan

Cat, I am very concerned about Oakland's numbers. I am also concerned that we only have 1 feeder school and have to share it with Riverdale. AND they only have 800 kids at Central. I know that the deck was stacked against Oakland in the zone line battles. I guess you realize that Kenny Nolan, who is Siegel's principal, was interim superintendent when the lines were drawn??? Also we had kids raisng money for OHS football when they found out that the lines changed AGAIN and they were forced to go to Siegel?? They even swapped them again and tried to get Carlos Crwaford. We did score one though, when they changed them the last time, we got AJ Alexander from Riverdale! so yes, I am worried. I am grateful that the coaching staff stayed intact. If anyone can make something out of nothing, it is that group of coaches!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

dont worry about this hater, region. oakland has a ton of talent coming up. which will play a big role for oakland next year. give these coaches the summer to work with the upcoming talent and oakland will be a good team, with numbers around 42-50 players

Guest region4fan

If the dogs aren't afraid of LC , then half the battle is won. Oakland went into this game with the right mind frame........take no prisoners.

Yes, you are right.......Smith is a better QB, but not battle tested. He has a tendency to panic some til he settles in. We went on offense first at LC and my heart was in my throat when I heard it. I think Smith proved he will be a great one for OHS. Now if Coach Ferg and Moose can work their Magic and get the freshmen ready to start on the lines! I think both coache s are ripe for this challenge!

excuse me oakland 2001 but you are on the lc vs smyrna thread we would like to discuss our game and not oaklands "ton "of talent for next yr. How can i get any lc talk going when i have to spend a precious amount of my computer resources arguing about oakland!

And region is free to argue with me if he wants so don't tell him to ignore me cause im a hater. in practicing law you can argue fiercly to defend your point but after its over go have lunch (im not a lawyer but i did sleep in a holiday inn express)

Smyrna will beat LC and if they don't I wll come back on and say im wrong. Its not like somone is going to shoot me or anything B)

Wolke vs edminson?

Once again an opponent is focusing on the wrong player and that is great for smyrna we have a TB that has rushed for nearly 1500 yrds and a FB with 700 and our TB has 4 out of the last 5 games gone for over 200 yrds (he was injured gainst oakland).

Smyrna scrimmaged LC in the spring and played the ones 2 to 1 so no one fears LC  one bit.

NO IF'S ABOUT IT SMYRNA WILL BEAT LC WITH MORE SPEED OVERALL THAN THEY HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR. LAST TIME SMYRNA PLAYED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY BEAT THEM SO IT CAN BE DONE (GLENCLIFF 1998)

LC WERE COMING YOU GO AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT BLOWOUTS AND SMYRNA CAN'T PLAY WITH US THAT ATTITUDE WILL BE WHAT GETS YOU BEAT.

I don't know what scrimmage you saw in the spring, but the score was 5 tds. for L.C. to 1 for Smyrna, and that was with Smyrna with their first team in the whole time with very little substituting, other than qb. because Wolke got knocked into la- la land by L.B. Julius Kelso. It might be a much closer score this time, but that 's what it was this spring, I was there. Wolke had more yards rushing than he did passing. The backup qb. had more yards passing than Wolke.

Now, Wolke may have been sick, or just might have been having a bad day that day, I don't know.

As far as your "speed", I've seen Smyrna play this spring, and I personally don't think that Smyrna has as much speed as Oakland, Franklin, or maybe even Franklin Co. and definitely nowhere near as much as Riverdale.

I am not going to get on here and downgrade Smyrna, like you have done to about everyone that I've seen you post about, Smyrna has a very good football team, or they wouldn't be where they are now, and some very good players on offense and defense, but if you can't stop the run, it will be a long night. If you can stop the run, then I guess it will be an aerial battle, with the best passer and recievers coming out on top.

As far as your 1500 yd. rusher we have about 2 or 3 game films on Smyrna, I'm sure that our coaches will "notice" that Smyrna has a good running back.

Cat, some people have an inferiorty complex, I think that you have a superiority complex B)

Guest region4fan

oHHHHH cat, get your fingers flying!

Hey cat, I got on here and predicted an Oakland win. I was wrong, but no one has chided me for it yet. I really and truly thought we were going to win. If I can't bellieve in the players, how can they believe in themselves?? And let me tell you...I know that the players get on here and read this stuff. They get a real kick out of us defending them. So have at it, Cat. I hope the boys have the attitude like you do to take it to them. Personally, I am a little afraid about Wolke cracking.What kind of a QB is Childs? I know he is a good receiver.

Well lc guy i was at the scrimmage and it was 2 to one with both team ones playing

you are right about the final total. but we both know scrimmages don't mean much

i don't downgrade any team if you read my post im just jerking oaklands chain

Im just stating the facts Smyrna is tested and tought they expect it to go to the wire and maybe ot and they expect to win i'll bet lc players don't expect a close game at all and would never dream of ot

lets have an example it goes to ot lc gets it scores 1st what do they do? extra point? go for 2? thats where smyrnas advantage is because they can let it all hang out and would not hesitate to go for 2 against a heavily favored team at home

If Smyrna gets this offense going they can score on anybody

gallatin 35 points

hendersonville 24 points

brentwood 24 points 

oakland 28 points

Lets see...If they can get going to score is the question. I'm sure they'll score but how much is the question. Shall we start comparing average margin of victory?

LC Opp Score Smyrna Opp Score

Franklin 38/33 w Hendersonville 24/17 w

Blackman 51/0 w Riverdale 20/7 L

Riverdale 26/21 w Gallatin 38/35 L-Forfiet W

Franklin Co 41/0 w Blackman 27/0 w

Oakland 51/0 w Brentwood 28/24 L

Cookeville 41/7 w Wilson Central 38/6 w

Howard 45/0 w LaVergne 34/22 w

Coffee Co 46/0 w siegel 27/12 w

Warren Co 70/7 w Lebanon 35/14 w

Cumberland Co 57/7 w Oakland 28/27 w

Oakland 19/6 w Coffee Co 35/7 w

Okay...lets look at common opponents and average margin of vicotory as well as points allowed. If opponent played more than once closer game is used.

Blackman LC wins MoV by 24, Points allowed even

Riverdale LC wins MoV by 18, Points allowed Smyrna by 1 BUT THEY STILL LOST!

Oakland LC wins Mov by 12, Points allowed LC wins by 21

Now...LC beat both Riverdale, Franklin, and Oakland twice...WHILE Smyrna LOSES to Riverdale, manages to get a win cause Gallatin has to Forfeit, and squeaks by Oakland. I know Smyrna is better than those stats look, and LC didn't play their best game last week, but if they play to par I don't see Smyrna standing much of a chance.

region since our running game has got on track he is a different qb.

if i was coach shad i would have him watch the hendersonville tape his sophmore year when we easily beat a team that ended up in the championship game and did not lose again in the regular season. he took all the short passes and was extremely patient and threw the ball way and did not take a sack. he basically threw quick short routes before the pressure could get there.

An lc guy if you don't go to LC with a chip on your shoulder you will get beat so yea i would chose a supperriority attitude especially for this game.

He was back last week and played well he is a player that never played any till his senior year who worked hard and waited his turn and who would ever thought he could be as important as any skill guy we have.

Who knows we may dust off that old shotgun every play and run the no huddle all game we did a couple yrs ago the only difference is we did it then because we could not run and now we can run out of it. As i heard oaklands coach say on the coaches show you don't leave any plays in the play book on the road as an underdog in the playoffs

Guest region4fan

Yeah, I was expecting that no huddle against us. It sure would have worked us over since we didn't have any fresh folk on the depth chart.

I am glad to hear that the center is back. i love to hear it when a kid can develop into a player!!

We had to start a soph at Yopp's O line tackle slot. I have been pleasantly surprised at Lucas Adams progress. You just never know who will step it up, do you??/

I really like your #41.....hated him when we played you though. HAHA What is his name?Iis he a senior, I hope?