Smyrna VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

Everyone seems to want to talk about David Wolke, but I really think he will be overshadowed in this game by a MUCH better quarterback... Edmiston is the total package... Lincoln County is on a collision course with Riverdale in the quarterfinals, and the Falcons will handle that roadblock with ease, just like Smyrna this week...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Actually the real focus at Smyrna is on Johnson , the tailback. He has definitely overshadowed Wolke this year. They have a running game finally and have not had to rely on Wolke. I think that their best player is #41, Johnathan Taylor. I think that you will be very impressed by his hard knocks. If he gets to Edmsiton, he will definitely know it.

Actually the real focus at Smyrna is on Johnson , the tailback. He has definitely overshadowed Wolke this year. They have a running game finally

What kind of running game do they have...speed to the outside, or pound it up the middle?

And how will Smyrna's line match up with LC's line...on both sides of the ball?

Edited by inot2bad

Guest Oakland

smyrna can attack running the ball either way, they have speed(johnson) and power(shannon). now whether they will be able to do both against lincoln is a whole new ballgame, i just dont see shannon being able to do anything as far as running the ball, but i think johnson can definatly do some damage

smyrna can attack running the ball either way, they have speed(johnson) and power(shannon). now whether they will be able to do both against lincoln is a whole new ballgame, i just dont see shannon being able to do anything as far as running the ball, but i think johnson can definatly do some damage

oakland2001, I don't know much about those two backs, but I'd have to agree with you. LC can be hurt more by speed than by power running. I don't foresee anyone running between the tackles on LC....at least not consistently.

HE IS THE "OFFICIAL " STATMAN

WOW WITH ALL HIS KNOWLEGE AND INFORMATION YOU WOULD THINK HE WOULD BE OUT CURING DISEASE OR SOLVING WORLD HUNGER!

WARREN COUNTY AND SIEGEL ALSO HAVE "OFFICIAL" STATMEN SO I GUESSS BASED ON YOUR VIEW THEY WOULD BE EXPERTS TO SINCE THEY KEEP THE "OFFICIAL" STATS

ONE STAT HE WILL GET TO WRITE DOWN FRIDAY IS

LC 11-1 FOR 2003!

* didn't mean to yell at you I didn't know I was typing in caps!

AS for stats be compiled in only a half, mark my words that will come back to haunt you, the first down to the wire game you play.

I know the smyrna's kids they don't give a flip about LC's record they respect them because they are a good team but 100% of them expect to win and move on

All you lc folk keep talking about wolke,because while you were to busy finishing up each game by halftime to notice smyna developed a pretty good run game.

hope edminson is as good a passer as you say because i guarantee you smyrna is going to make him pass this week they will 100% sell out to stop the run and take their chances

the player playing the best for smyrna right now is not even on offense he is 41 jt and he is playing lights out football right now.

Please be aware all the above info is unofficial and intended only for the amusement of our audience :)

Edited by 82cat

Guest region4fan

Cat, we certainly agree on Smyrna's best player being #41, Johnathan Taylor. What I want to know is why I had never heard of him before we played yall??

Well congrats to Edmiston for getting the nomination for MR Football. It is certainly much deserved. I guess there was "someone" from Smyrna who was very disappointed though. I almost feel sorry for him. Gosh, what is happening to me???? Thinking like Cat and feeling sorry for................................HELP ME SOMEONE!!!!!

hope edminson is as good a passer as you say because i guarantee you smyrna is going to make him pass this week they will 100% sell out to stop the run and take their chances

That is a pretty good strategy on Smyrna's part. I saw where Josh Gregory from LC re-hurt is ailing leg and is questionable about playing Friday night. That will surely help Smyrna if Gregory is out, and it will make Edmiston have to air it out more.

How good is Smyrna's pass rush, and how well do their corners cover? A Lincoln County passing attack should be interesting to watch. I know Smyrna is good, but I don't think they have faced anyone like LC this year....and in fairness, LC hasn't faced a QB like Wolke, either.

Of course, Oakland gave the Falcons more than they wanted Friday night. Interesting to see if Smyrna can keep the pressure on the Falcons.

The sleeping giant may be beginning to stir.

Has Smyrna played in The Pit before?

Edited by inot2bad

I don't think there has been a single running back get 100 yds on LCHS this year and they have played several teams with good RB's i think the best was at CoffeCo! And I am not going to argue about who does this and who does that because it really doesn't matter! Ball control and the team with the least mistakes will win!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!!

I saw where Josh Gregory from LC re-hurt is ailing leg and is questionable about playing Friday night. That will surely help Smyrna if Gregory is out, and it will make Edmiston have to air it out more.

How good is Smyrna's pass rush, and how well do their corners cover? A Lincoln County passing attack should be interesting to watch. I know Smyrna is good, but I don't think they have faced anyone like LC this year....and in fairness, LC hasn't faced a QB like Wolke, either.

The sleeping giant may be beginning to stir.

About Josh Gregory, I think Coach Thompson is more worried about getting Gregory 100% so he won't hesitate to hit the holes like he was earlier in the season before his first ankle injury. Gregory has a good backup if you don't remember.

About airing it out more, I think all of Lincoln County would enjoy seeing us pass the ball successfully to prove to both us and all of our possible future opponents that just stopping the run will not slow down the offense one bit. I think we can do it successfully without a doubt, but we've only done so on a small number of occasions throughout the season.

Wolke is going to be a force to be reckoned with. I just hope the DL can pressure him into panic situations where he's been prone to turnovers and stupid mistakes. I know they have a really good running back, but we've also faced a couple of other good running backs this season without them being able to do much damage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed about being able to both pressure the QB and shut down the run like we have all season.

Hopefully the giant that was lulled to sleep as the season went on realized that now is the time to awaken with newfound energy, vigor, motivation, and focus to finish the season they've accomplished so far.

If the defense can continue it's dominance, I think the offense can continue to put enough points on the board to win the games.

Go Falcons! Beat Smyrna!