Smyrna VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

I love it that all the lc folk continue to not just pick lc to win (that is expected) but they reall don't even expect much of a game and you can say what you want but players sense that to.

I like it!

Don't worry about Smyrna because as you say you will win big it won't be close and all that.

I like it!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

82cat, I love your enthusiasm and the way you hang in there with so many LC fans. I think it's a sad commentary that with a big game like this coming up this week that there are so few Smyrna fans speaking up for their Bulldogs. Is this indicative of what kind of crowd Smyrna is going to take down to The Pit? I hope you are not down there alone...to see that big upset. It'll serve the rest of the Smyrna fans right if the upset happens and they are not there to see it.

If you call my post trash talk then you must be highly oversensitive.

As I said earlier its a message board it is for stating your views and occasionally throwing in a barb or 2 to liven up the conversation.

Ck my post on this thread I think you will see the over riding theme of lc is well respected and this is well deserved but---------------------------------------------------

So apparently its trash talk to not just lay down and say oh well we are playing lc lets just stay home! I didn't realize it was "trash talk" to actually SAY YOUR TEAM IS GOING TO WIN

Smyrna will win 24 to 21 !

I don't have to back anything up especially to you. I have read your post before on the franklin vs brentwood thread a while back and I'm not even in the league with you

By the way how big a old boy are you?

Smyrna has won 6 in a row 7 of last 8.

Good for them 82cat, but in case you haven't noticed LC has won 11 in a row! :blink:

Also, if you think that the Falcons don't have any respect for Smyrna, you don't know anything about the LCHS football program. Coach Thompson doesn't allow his players to have that kind of attitude. He has a good group of kids playing for him, and trust me when I say they are focused on tomorrow night's game ONLY. All year long, their mode of thinking has been "one game at a time" whether their opponent was Riverdale or Chattanooga Howard. Their subpar performance against Oakland last Friday was not due to the fact that they were already looking ahead to the next game...just give Oakland credit for coming in a with a good game plan and executing it well. Let's see if Smyrna can do the same thing this week.

Bundle up if you're coming to the game tomorrow! It's going to be a cold night at THE PIT!!!

I love it that all the lc folk continue to not just pick lc to win (that is expected) but they reall don't even expect much of a game and you can say what you want but players sense that to.

Yes, we Falcon fans have faith in our boys, not because we are prideful and boastful, but because we've seen them play, know their coaches and know our guys. Nobody is taking this game for granted. These guys know that they have to come out fighting. We know from playing Oakland that other teams can come on strong, too, and that we have to play the whole game. Teams can't get to this stage in the playoffs, without having something on-the-ball and we respect that. Our players will tell you that they are focused and ready to get down and play hard until the horn blows. That's when the game is over and that's when we quit.

The main thing that counts is that everyone stays healthy and has a good time doing it.

I invite everyone to come to The Pit on Friday night. Get here early and eat at one of our good restaurants or at the stadium. Settle in and watch two teams of teenagers play hard for their schools. Now what could be better than that?

I like it!

Don't worry about Smyrna because as you say you will win big it won't be close and all that.

I like it!

I too see most of the LC fans picking them to win big. I graduated there and plan on making the trip back to the pit to watch my hometown team pull out a win, but I think it's going to be a close one decided by 1 or 2 big plays late in the game. I see both sides defense's being what determines the games. Both of these teams haven't relied on their defense as much as they have the offense to win the games for them. Both teams have good defenses, but I think LC has the advantage. No team or back, not even Nunley from Coffee Co ran for 100 yds or so against them. Time of possession will play a HUGE part in this game. Smyrna has the advantage in the close game having had more experience in them this year, but I do agree with most everyone else in the fact that if they get down a score or two...then LC will go for the juggular and it will get ugly.

I hope to see the stands at 'The Pit' packed! It should be a really good and exciting game.

I agree that if its a blowout it will be lc doing it. I don't know a single Smyrna player that doesn't realize what a great opportunity they have to face the best at lc's field this friday.

I truly believe our close games will benefit us, now the question is can we get ourselves in that position through no turnovers etc?

Big poppa I had you mixed up with big dog daddy your previous post are not any different than mine

Last time I checked Lincoln Co. didn't exactly play a power house schedule this year either. Their non region games include: Franklin, Riverdale, and Howard. Now Compare that to Brentwood, Gallatin, and Hendersonville. I know if's don't count but realisticlly Smyrna could have ended the season 9-1. Luckily their bad games are out of the way and they are ready for anybody. Smyrna has nothing to lose this game so they are probably gonna lay it all on the line.

Power house schedule? Well when you make the schedule you do hope all teams will be competitive but you never know!

And as far as Smyrna should be 9-1 well I think they should be 7-3 AND really they are!

Tough schedules?hmmmm I think Oakland had the toughest schedule I have seen!Granted they didn't win those tough games but you got to give them an"A" for effort!