Smyrna VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

Here we have two very high profile QBs. What will be the key for each QB coming away with a victory? From what I've seen and read all year, Wolke is a passer and Edmiston is a runner.

How good is Smyrna at stopping the run?

How good is LC at stopping the pass?

How badly was LC's Gregory hurt?

Is everyone from Smyrna healthy?

How much difference will home field advantage make?

Can LC play ball control and keep Wolke on the sidelines?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oakland

smyrna struggles with shifty east-to-west running backs, and since gregory is one, i expect for him and edminston to have a big day running the ball. the key to stopping smyrna's pass is obviously gettin pressure on him and with the size of Lincoln's D-line, that maybe no problem at all. from what i have heard, gregory is a go for friday, and yes everybody from smyrna is healthy, or at least to my knowledge. now come on inot2bad, u know that the pit is a huge factor in this game! i think why lincoln decided to pretty much keep it on the ground last week was to keep from their 2nd round opponent of knowing too much what they were gonna do. with all that said, i think this will be a good game, but if youy get a good lead on smyrna they will crack, so i am gonna say LC 38 Smyrna 17

Edited by oakland2001

Guest region4fan

Well unfortunately, I don't think Smyrna will bring much of a crowd. It was senior nite when we played them and their stands were about half-full. Now I realize that it was Halloween, but these kids are in 2nd place and wwere getting their first home field advantage.EVER!! I expected standing room only. Sad, but true.

About the run..........Carlos Crawford #2 for Oakland ran all over them getting 253 yds rushing. So can they stop the run?

Oakland doesn't have much of a passing game.I will say that their secondary is quick and covered well.

Smyrna has one of those gambling kind of defenses. They will give up the big play. Oh boy will Edmiston capitalize on that.

We didn't see much of their ground game. It wasn't effective against us, but then we heard later that #5 , Johnson was hurt and they pulled him. I hear he is a heck of a back.

Smyrna has speed galore. They are very physical and will hit you hard. Their #41 is their best player in my humble opinion. He laid quite a lick on Carlos and saved them in preserving the OT win with a tackle on our 2 point conversion.

We had the ball the entire 1st quarter or close to it , and had the ball 19 minutes the first half. But since our offense didn't put points on the board, we couldn't capitalize on it.

I will say that Smyrna had lots of penalties at key times. Trust me , stupid stuff that they should have not done by this time in the season.

I heard that gregory was walking after the game, so it sounds like he will be a go this week. Ask Mamafalcon.

I've also heard that Gregory is likely a go for Friday. Hopefully he'll be back up to full speed. Heh, funny thought about the east/west running comment made. Gregory has nearly 1300yds running north/south...think what'd it'd be if they added in all that east/west running he does. :D I think the speed should match up pretty evenly at first, but I see LC running the ball and wearing their defense down into an unbalanced time of possesion in the second half. We've all seen what LC running the ball successfully and winning the time of possession does to their foes this year. If Smyrna can't stop the run, I don't see them having much of a chance.

Go Falcons! Beat Smyrna!

Wolke vs edminson?

Once again an opponent is focusing on the wrong player and that is great for smyrna we have a TB that has rushed for nearly 1500 yrds and a FB with 700 and our TB has 4 out of the last 5 games gone for over 200 yrds (he was injured gainst oakland).

Smyrna scrimmaged LC in the spring and played the ones 2 to 1 so no one fears LC one bit.

NO IF'S ABOUT IT SMYRNA WILL BEAT LC WITH MORE SPEED OVERALL THAN THEY HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR. LAST TIME SMYRNA PLAYED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY BEAT THEM SO IT CAN BE DONE (GLENCLIFF 1998)

LC WERE COMING YOU GO AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT BLOWOUTS AND SMYRNA CAN'T PLAY WITH US THAT ATTITUDE WILL BE WHAT GETS YOU BEAT.

Question was about them being the field generals. Okay..compare your two runners to LC's two. You stated they had about 2200 yards rushing so far this year. LC has 2500 between Edminston and Gregory, and Gregory was out for more than a game with an injury, not to mention both were usually pulled basically at halftime most of the season. Oh...and if you look at how well people have TRIED to run on LC, then we'll see what'll happen. In my opinion, you have a better chance passing the ball since we haven't seen too much of that this season and your passing is nicely developed. Smyrna is no joke and not to be taken lightly. LC overlooked Oakland and had to fight from behind to win it. I doubt Coach Thompson will let that happen again, and I don't think they players don't want to see that happen either.

Smyrna may have some speed but haven't you heard Lincoln County has alot of speed! Also they have alot of size! UMMMM Also they have a very punishing defense that will be in Wolke's face all night! I think that is where this game sets it's pace!I do not think Smyrna's O-line can stop LC's D-line!

And as far as smyrna's defense goes they haven't had to handle an offensive unit like Lincoln County's!I congradulate Smyrna on a great year!I never expected them to end up this good .....so my hat is off to them but like everyone else you guys are going back home losers this week!

C-ya in the pit!

GO LCHS FALCONS!!!!!!

Guest Oakland

1st of all 82, smyrna has not faced a d-line like Lincoln County's, period! secondly dont give me that marslous couldnt play crap, if u guys have so much confidence in your "balanced" attack, then why didnt shadowens give the ball to shannon?! CUZ HE GOT SCARED! summer scrimmage?! your kidding right? nobody gives a flyin hoot waht happened in the summer, i mean oakland went 4-1 in the summer does that translate to regular season success, NO! 82, look who you are talkin about for a second, glencliff?! GLENCLIFF! that year glencliff played all cup cakes that year and everybody in metro stunk that year, so dont give me that undefeated example, use a better one than that............ so oakland and riverdale dont have speed eh?! what a pathetic comment, oakland and riverdale have just as much speed as anybody in the midstate. and 82 cat, me and region are the masters of upset talk and oakland has awakened a very angry Lincoln County, much to the chagrin of the entire state in 5a. fact: of the last 5 teams to beat oakland in the playoffs, 3 of the 4 went on to win state and i dont think that stat will change this year as well! GO FALCONS! BEAT SMYRNA!

This should be the CSS game of the week, but it prob. wont be. :lol:

I was just wondering why is it that all the Smyrna fans are saying that LC hasnt played a team like them all year? I mean you cant turn around and say that Smyrna hasnt played a team like LC this year either. Sure Brentwood, Gallatin yeah yeah but they were no LC. Just a thought. <_<

Edited by shady04

OAKLAND 2001 HERE WE GO!

I hate to break this to you but in your love fest you fail to notice you lost to Smyrna and you lost to LC if you read your post you would think you won both games as a matter of fact you lost to every single team you played with a non losing record. Oakland beat the following powerhouses this year Siegel,Wilson Central,Lavergne and Blackman!

So I really don't need your opinion on Smyrna's team you heve enough problems of your own 4 an 7 would be your first concern.

You may believe things look bright for Oakland but if you call losing a large number of starters and returning 12 to 15 players with a freshman group that quite frankly is not up to your usual par then good luck. I happen to know some Oakland people and they are very concerned with the numbers at Oakland for the furture so I would say get your head out of the clouds.

Marsalous lined up at tailback against Oakland exactly twice in the 1st qtr and that was it, you ask why didn't we run Shanon ,well what game did you watch because he was the only one we rushed other than Wolke.

AS JACK NICHOLSON SAID

"YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!"

I'll spell it out for you

Oakland record 4-7/4-7/4-7/4-7

4th in region ahead of lavergne,blackman,wilson central,siegel

LOST TO SMYRNA LOST TO SMYRNA LOST TO SMYRNA LOST TO SMYRNA

I don't have to worry where to go to the next game because my team is still playing.

Go watch riverdale play it will save you the drive and the pain of watching Smyrna win!

Man I'm glad someone got something stirred up I was about to quit posting because quite frankly it was getting boring!