Smyrna VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

hope edminson is as good a passer as you say because i guarantee you smyrna is going to make him pass this week they will 100% sell out to stop the run and take their chances

What you'd better be hoping is that when Edmiston drops back to pass that he actually throws the ball. You don't want to get your defense spread out all over the field, and then have Edmiston tuck it and run. Y'all ever tried to catch a rabbit in a corn field....at night. Talk about a nightmare....it's spelled EDMISTON.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep edminson running is my biggest fear especially scrambling, the best way to get him though is the same way you stop then run you bring a run blitz every play and get him before he gets started .If possible do not flush him out make him throw.

the key is make him throw

when you play a team like lc that can do a lot of things well you have to try to take away something and the running game is it.

he may be able to throw lights out but can he do it for 4 qtrs

smyrna does not have to have the most talent or be the overall best team they only have to do it one night for 4 qtrs and keep it close and maybe you only have to do it for 2 qtrs and don't turn it over and maybe you get it to only having to win 1 qtr

the sports world has seen many one game upsets where the favorite would win 9 out of 10 times but--------------------------------------------------------------------------

they lost the one game that counted!

the motto is we don't have to be better than lc we only need to be better one night!

yep edminson running is my biggest fear especially scrambling, the best way to get him though is the same way you stop then run you bring a run blitz every play and get him before he gets started .If possible do not flush him out make him throw.

They all have tried the run blitz. You may stop him some of the time, but you won't stop him all of the time. Riverdale did a decent job in the 4th quarter of that ballgame at Tomahawk field.

I think the Falcons will be totally focused, sharp, and look like the dominating team they have been all year. The defense will be flying all over the field all night long, and the offense will provide a good mix of pass and run. Lincoln County wins this game. Good luck to both teams.

GO FALCONS, ROAST THEM DAWGS AT THE PIT!!!!

Edited by Big D.

yep edminson running is my biggest fear especially scrambling, the best way to get him though is the same way you stop then run you bring a run blitz every play and get him before he gets started

he may be able to throw lights out but can he do it for 4 qtrs

smyrna does not have to have the most talent or be the overall best team they only have to do it one night for 4 qtrs

the sports world has seen many one game upsets where the favorite would win 9 out of 10 times

the motto is we don't have to be better than lc we only need to be better one night!

82cat, I like your summation. Sounds like a pretty good strategy....if you can pull it off.

As far as blitzing every play and getting Edmiston before he gets started, the problems I see there are twofold. 1. It's gonna be tough to blitz through LC's line. 2. Getting to Edmiston before he gets started is tough cuz he gets started so quickly....and if you put everyone in the box and he does happen to pop through, he's gone.

And to your question of can he throw for 4 quaters, I like your own answer you gave when talking about Smryna. He may not have to do it for 4 quarters....2 quarters may be enough....or just one quarter. I think the Falcons scored 30 pts in one quarter against Oakland in their first meeting....granted Oakland gave them great field position.

And I like what you said Smryna doesn't have to be the best team....just the best on one night for four quarters. That's the right attitude.

Who would have ever picked Karns to beat Dobbins Bennett earlier this year? Who would have picked Tennessee to beat Miami? Who would have picked Clemson to beat Florida State this past weekend? And who, besides "region4fan" and "oakland2001" really thought that Oakland would play LC as closely as they did this past Friday night? All that should offer Smyrna much encouragement....and it better put LC on notice that they can't count on their 11-0 record anymore. They've got to do it EVERY game from now own.

Whatever happens, I don't foresee LC's starters being able to take a breather the 4th quarter this Friday night.

Wolke vs edminson?

Once again an opponent is focusing on the wrong player and that is great for smyrna we have a TB that has rushed for nearly 1500 yrds and a FB with 700 and our TB has 4 out of the last 5 games gone for over 200 yrds (he was injured gainst oakland).

Smyrna scrimmaged LC in the spring and played the ones 2 to 1 so no one fears LC one bit.

NO IF'S ABOUT IT SMYRNA WILL BEAT LC WITH MORE SPEED OVERALL THAN THEY HAVE SEEN ALL YEAR. LAST TIME SMYRNA PLAYED AN UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE PLAYOFFS THEY BEAT THEM SO IT CAN BE DONE (GLENCLIFF 1998)

LC WERE COMING YOU GO AHEAD AND TALK ABOUT BLOWOUTS AND SMYRNA CAN'T PLAY WITH US THAT ATTITUDE WILL BE WHAT GETS YOU BEAT.

The football team players are focused, one game at a time. None of them has an attitude that were going to blow Smyrna away. They will come prepared to play, and will play with all there HEART & SOUL....

I think its just the people from where ever doing all the talking, These Boys are not the ones talking this crap....

GO FALCONS !!!!

For the CHIEF !!

Wolke vs edminson?

Once again an opponent is focusing on the wrong players

our TB has 4 out of the last 5 games gone for over 200 yrds (he was injured gainst oakland).

Smyrna scrimmaged LC in the spring and played the ones 2 to 1 so no one fears LC  one bit.

To point one, I put it as Wolke vs Edmiston because of the press that both players have gotten this year and because they both play QB...supposedly a leadership position.

I don't care what your TB has done in 4 out of your last 5 games. He WILL NOT gain 200 yds against LC. I doubt seriously that he'll gain 100 yds.

As far as your springtime scrimmage, this is GAMETIME Friday night. I was undecided on whether to take in this game or the Brentwood/Franklin game. I think I'll make the trip to the Pit. I've been amazed at LC every time I've seen 'em...in person or on film.

Folks from Smyrna will be amazed after the game, too.

Edited by inot2bad

Come on down to the LC football field it is 100 yards long and 50yards wide just like all the other ones we have played on this year.

You will be amazed at how a team that is the 100% pick to win it all and not even break a sweat and is expected to roll over everyone because they are the best in the state and no one else come cloose could lose!

I will not even argue the point , I agree if lc loses a game with the talent they have and all the hype to go with it something is wrong!

We only have to win friday night its not best of 7 or best of 5 all we need is a turnover here a blown coverage there get it to a 1 qtr game and suddenly all the hype is gone and lc folk leave saying if we played them again we would kill them

Does anybody believe the us hockey team could have beat the ussr if they played another game after the miracle on ice?--------------------------------------------------- they didn't have to ! they only had to do it one game.Thats the attitude Smyrna has they really expect to win against a team they know can play and respect lc expects to win but there is no question they don't respect Smyrna as much.

This is a different group of kids at Smyrna good solid kids who are battle tested

I know lc can't help it if other teams did not offer much competiton but I bet if you ask the coach he would have liked at least a couple of close games.

Smyrna has won 6 in a row 7 of last 8.

I like our position in this, play loose let it go and see what happens

I really see a close down to the wire game and that is what is going to amaze people.

smyrna 24

lc 21