Smyrna VS. Lincoln County

FairInMyFavor

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest region4fan

Hey touchdown..............You really don't want me to get into this one. If you will read my most recent posts, I have basically made my peace with Smyrna.BUT... I just don't think that Wolke has lived up to the hype. I think that too much focus was put on him and no one else on Smyrna's team. I blame the head coach for allowing the other kids who work just as hard to be overshadowed and not regognized. I think this lead to jealousy and animosity among the players on the team. Now that Johnson has emerged...........things have seemed to change and I have actually heard Shadowens on the radio question some of his QB's decisions. That made me respect him more. He started to give some credit to the cast instead of just the star. I won't get into the OTHER isssue I have with Wolke's character.

I have disliked the PAST Smyrna teams intensely. I think that they have been poor sports, full of cheap shots and trash talking. Real red neck kind of stuff. But the ultimate was last year when Oakland beat SHS in OT, and Shadowens refused to shake hands and made his team do likewise and took them straight to the bus. He was screaming and cussing and I did not think that he had set a good example for the kids. This year was different. Their kids played with class. I did not see cheap shots. I saw a team playing together and ultimately they won together. I was impressed. Then I heard Shadowens on the radio.He gave Oakland the credit that was deserved,and he was actually humble. He did not win me over completely, but I wanted his team to continue winning.

And to tell the truth, talking to Cat on here has helped me to accept them better. I greatly respect Cat and his opinions. cat is a great and loyal fan.I am impressed with his knowledge, determination, and fighting spirit. I hope he will proud of his boys this week.

Last time I checked Lincoln Co. didn't exactly play a power house schedule this year either. Their non region games include: Franklin, Riverdale, and Howard. Now Compare that to Brentwood, Gallatin, and Hendersonville.

Am I mistaken or did Riverdale and Franklin each only lose one game during the season besides to LC? Also, Franklin BEAT Brentwood during the season. Oh, and just for the record, Hendersonville(although a good team) finished a mediocre 5-5.

Wow region im about to tear up!

The past is the past and as I have said before this is a different team with kids anyone could be proud of.

Do I know if we will win, who knows ,thats why you play them but I honestly believe this night for one time you will see our best shot.

As for anybody getting on me well as region knows we can all disagree and sometimes the disagreements are what makes it fun.But in the end we are talking about a game being played by high school kids.

Now that I have all that mellow stuff out of the way does anybody want to fight!

*Because we all know LC is one of the most over rated poorly coached no tradition teams we will play all year !!!!

*For everyone who does not get it I am kidding

Guest Oakland

i just want to wish good luck to smyrna on friday, everybody is saying they have no chance at lincoln. well 82cat just remember that those same people said oakland had no chance and they almost came away with the win! so good to luck to both teams friday night and i am very much looking forward to my 2nd trip to the pit in as many weeks

falcon mama,is the party on for friday or am i just gonna have to drive up there and meet you guys?

O2001, I've been working on the reception for you all week. Then, last night I found out that my son and his friends are having a surprise birthday party for me. Well, it was supposed to be a surprise, but I found out. Anyway, they are planning to take me out to eat before the game, so we can't have the tailgate party that we were thinking about. Sorry. However, we'll have some kind of meet & greet for you and our Falcon buddies. Lots of us appreciate your spirit, loyalty to your Patriots and your cheering for us. We want to do something for you, so check your email & I'll tell you where our group will be. We're glad you're coming to THE PIT.

R4F, we wish you could come. A bunch of us are glad that we've gotten to "know" you on here. You're a super friend to Ed and his family. Keep us posted on his progress.

Guest Oakland

well falcon mama just in case that you have an episode of selective amnesia, i will post my e-mail address for you again, it is patriots1999@hotmail.com. also smokey mon as far as the post about falcon mama llok up <_<

Edited by oakland2001

Guest Oakland

well i wont be hard to find, i am pretty sure i will be the only person there wearing oakland attire. i will be wearing a red oakland basketball shirt with a long sleve grey t-shirt as my under shirt. cant wait to meet you guys tommorrow!btw, falcon mama read your e-mail, i have already replied back

well i wont be hard to find, i am pretty sure i will be the only person there wearing oakland attire. i will be wearing a red oakland basketball shirt with a long sleve grey t-shirt as my under shirt. cant wait to meet you guys tommorrow!btw, falcon mama read your e-mail, i have already replied back

just a basketball shirt and a t-shirt; it's supposed to be in the 30's you know..do we need to bring you a FALCON sweatshirt to borrow just in case

GO FALCONS!!