Brentwood#1

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game and b'wood did not impress me at all. They should thank their coaches for not playing BA again this year. It would have been ugly, fast. They were up 7-2 most of the game before scoring quite a bit in the last minutes. I also hope the Glencliff player who was taken off by ambulance is ok.

Call it Round 4 with BWood ahead 2(last year) to 1(this year). It should be another great atmosphere. Winner of this game has to figure out how to stop Edmiston from Lincoln County to win The State. Look for the Dinger and Fugate to play a big role. Bell, Nichols, Murray and Solima the keys for FHS. A critical turnover wins this game for someone!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Call it Round 4 with BWood ahead 2(last year) to 1(this year). It should be another great atmosphere. Winner of this game has to figure out how to stop Edmiston from Lincoln County to win The State. Look for the Dinger and Fugate to play a big role. Bell, Nichols, Murray and Solima the keys for FHS. A critical turnover wins this game for someone!

They have to beat germantown first.

First I talked to Dr. Bratton after the game and he said he thinks the player from Antioch will be okay. He hurt his neck and was transported off the field in an ambulance to be safe. The player was able to move all extremities but they felt with a neck injury it was better to be safe than sorry and he was being taken to a hospital to have x-rays. If anybody hears an update, please post it. My prayers are with the player and his family.

Next on to the the ugly business. :D Before last nights game I would have said that Brentwood would win, but if we play Franklin like we did Glencliff, Franklin will win it going away. The offense was horrible. The only bright spot on offense was Bruce McCurdy getting to play on second team after being out for weeks with a concussion. The defense played a good game, but we proably had as many yards in penalties as we did in total offense. If we made a good gain on a play it was negated by a penalty. Our execution stank. Next weeks game will hinge on our offense getting its act together and frankly last night they looked worse than they have all season.

Sorry, I can't give a prediction on this one because I don't know which Brentwood team will show up--the one that played Dickson County or the one that played Glencliff.

First of all Mother, slight correction as it was a Glencliff player. You're right, the defense, once again, saved the day. They held Glencliff to 6 yards rushing and one first down, but the offense. . . Worst execution across the board for the year. Season high in penalties. I don't know if it was lack of focus, over confidence, or bad food before the game, but if they keep it up, we can all cheer for someone else going forward. Fugate ran for over 200, but he must have put up closer to 400 with another 200 called back. It was butt ugly. Abner knew what to do and had jailbreaks all night long. Stupid, stupid, stupid penalties. BTW, hats off to Centennial for upsetting Antioch. Here's to Williamson County 5-A pulling off the victory. Good comeback by Franklin against HL.

Stock up on the Prozac for Friday.

First of all, hats off to both teams for making it to this game, as it sounds as though they both had a bit of a struggle. But this game is not going to be a struggle. Both teams will come out with the best team that has hit the field all season for a hard fought game that won't be decided till the end. Brentwood will be looking to avenge their loss earlier this season, and most think that they have the upper hand due to that. But look at teh 2002 season, in that case Franklin "had the upper hand" and didn't get it done. Franklin wants this... they want it bad. Close game, I'm not gonna make a prediction, cause I have no idea, but I hope Franklin comes first.

Wow... I don't know if my heart can take another close one...

Edited by rebsoftball1