Mr. Football Awards Are a Joke

jklivin

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will Mr. Football awards be given to receivers? It's not 1920, there are many deserving receivers who don't get a shot because they fall into the same category with the backs. As we all know there is a huge difference between most receivers and backs. They now award Mr.Football awards to kickers for crying out loud.

Edited by mbraiders

When will Mr. Football awards be given to receivers? It's not 1920, there are many deserving receivers who don't get a shot because they fall into the same category with the backs. As we all know there is a huge difference between most receivers and backs. They now award Mr.Football awards to kickers for crying out loud.

Adarius Bowman from Notre Dame won it as a receiver in 01'

Edited by TIPHI97

I don't know that I agree with them being a joke....but I would like to see more of a wide spread recognition process to get more kids noticed by more coaches throughout the South. When you look at College programs the number of kids recruited out of TN is dismal compared to all the states around us. I don't think that Mr. Football helps in this regard.

Edited by BigDogDaddy

Read my post!!! I did not say that these kids were not deserving, but when you lead your Class in Rushing and your are not nominated, because a bunch of coaches got together and helped each other out. That is what i am talking about. I think the kid in 4A he has put up unbelievable numbers, but Rucker has to and for him not to even be nominated. Rucker has carried that team. Look at Wooden the one game he didn't do good in they lost. Oh, by the way I have Coached in Single A for two years and yes he is the best back in Single A THIS YEAR!!! I just wish they was a justifiable way that the best could all be recognized!!!

If you are talking about Wooden leading his class in rushing, he did not. He did not lead his region in rushing. And I know of one ahead of him that did not play 10 games and was taken out early just like Wooden and he did not get nominated either. Wooden will have his chance next year and will probably take it because he is an outstanding runner.

As far as the best being recognized, that will happen on the all-area or all-state teams to be named later for this season.

I think it is a bunch of crap. There are more people out there that deserve a chance for this award. jordan walker from anderson co is way better than the linebacker from a-e and sean mounts does so much for that team its not what they only do but what they do for the team and sean mounts does it all. he or jordan should get the award

In case some of you don't realize it, mr football is not the only award being given out in high school football. Should more kids be recognized? maybe, but you don't want to make it peewee football where everybody gets a trophy and it means nothing to the people receiving it. Life is unfair and since this is people choosing who they think is the best player it will always be imperfect. DOn't worry about the people who could have won it but didn't, if they were good enough for consideration than college coaches will find them!

I think marcellus tibbs should have been one of the finalist in 4a backs. Marcellus has ran for 1402 yds on 99 carries thats 14.1 yds a carry, and scored 22 td. If you look at wilkerson's numbers he had 2028 yds on 227 carries thats 8.9 yds a carry, and 21 tds these are great numbers also but i believe if Tibbs had that many touches his numbers would be better. Looks like Tibbs gets penalized because he only played one half in alot of his games because the coache tried not to run up the score.