McMinn v.s. Dobyns Bennett, Jeff. Co. v.s. OR

TribeGuy22

I am presently holding 5A playoff bracket in my hands (a good excuse for the lousy typing)...the winner from the region 1 vs region 2 section of the bracket...

D-B, McMinn County, Jefferson County, or Oak Ridge...will host the winner from the region 3-4 section of the bracket, period...the guys from the middle of the state come east, regardless of who it is...so we are all playing for home field advantage; in fact, for D-B and McMinn County we are playing for home field advantage up to the finals in Murfreesboro. As we all know, you just gotta keep on winning for home field advantage to mean anything. Good luck.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what everyone is talking about on how Jeff. Co. doesn't match up to Oak Ridge. If they think that we don't have enough athletes to hang with them then they are wrong. Either way it is going to be a great football game two powerhouse teams going at it there is nothing else like it. Just don't count out Jeff. Co. just because Oak Ridge has Corey Booker. Our backs are evenly matched or maybe even better as far as this is concerned. Jeff Jennings Jr. is a finalst for Mr. Football and we have just as many athletes as they do so don't count us out just yet.

Lack of atheltes?

Are you kidding me, Jeff Co has just as many in fact I would argue that Jeff Co has more and better athetes than O.R. We have two Rb`s with over 1,000 yards rushing plus a 3rd back with over 300 yard on the season, we have one of the best WR in 5A,two very hard hitting MLB`s just two name a few I promise you O.R doesn`t have more or better athetes than Jeff Co.

Jeff Co 35

O.R 31

See you in the Q-finals DB

Lack of atheltes?

Are you kidding me, Jeff Co has just as many in fact I would argue that Jeff Co has more and better athetes than O.R. We have two Rb`s with over 1,000 yards rushing plus a 3rd back with over 300 yard on the season, we have one of the best WR in 5A,two very hard hitting MLB`s just two name a few I promise you O.R doesn`t have more or better athetes than Jeff Co.

Jeff Co 35

O.R 31

See you in the Q-finals DB

Make sure you're on here Monday. We'll talk about it then.

"Jefferson County is always big and slow"

What! Jeff Co has been getting smaller and faster since Coach Meadows got here,I don`t know where you get your information but if its one thing Jeff Co is not its big and slow.

Jeff Co 35

O.R 31

P.S For sure I`ll be on here Monday, celebrating a Jeff Co win I hope.

Wow If Jeff Co loses I`ll be in withdraw since I`ll have nothing to do on coacht

What makes you so sure it will be DB in the quarterfinals. I know of several Cherokees who believe they have a pretty good chance to play in that game.

zing,

Any given Sunday...er.. Friday. Sure the Cherokees have a shot, thats why they play the games. BUT, if McMinn County's confidence is based upon comparing their defeat of Science Hill (34-7) and Dobyns Bennett's defeat of Science Hill (41-13), you're not comparing apples to apples. The Dobyns Bennett / Science Hill score could have been much worse. I have to give it to Coach Clark and his staff, they never show their entire hand. They also aren't the type of team you'll see beating people 50-60 points, but they do seem to win. I think the entire state underestimates this team.

One or two players don't make a "team" of athletes. Jefferson County is always big and slow.

Jefferson County's team speed has went through dramatic changes since Coach Meadows arrived... Yes, Jefferson County always use to be really big but no speed... well that has changed. JC's team is not getting smaller, they are losing fat, gaining muscle, and gaining a plethora of speed. The lineman are not stationary.. they pull and manuever all over the place. You, sir, need to know what you are talking about before you speak from now on instead of basing claims on how Jefferson County use to be!

I think the winner will meet McMinn in the third round. McMinn could have scored 50 points against Science Hill as well but for the likes of a few mistakes. I know that mistakes are what makes or breaks a team on any level at any time, but I think McMinn will correct those mistakes and prove themselves tonight. I may be wring but I would not be a good fan if i did not think McMinn will win tonight. I also think Jeff. Co. will out score OR tonight.