Buckaloo

Bearettefan

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You didn't even spell her name right! Buckelew!!! What did you think about ole coach Harlow getting in your girls face during the Mt. Juliet game! She took it though...just like I did on occasion! Haha! I hope she has a good senior season!

Edited by HUCK

I am not questioning any schools, parents or player motives here just a question-

Did she move into Bradley Central's district or can she transfer and still play without sitting out a year. It seems there are alot of questions in that area each year about who is going to play where and needed some clarification.

Also, Cleveland and Bradley's feeder schools are Lake Forrest, Ocoee and Cleveland. Do these kids have choices where they play in High school or are they zoned for a school.

Please don't overreact to these questions, I was just wondering.

looking forward to some good games between Bradley and Cleveland this year. Should be exciting.

Her parents moved from the city to the county. This made her transfer acceptable under TSSAA rules. Cleveland Middle feeds Cleveland High. Lake Forest feeds Bradley Central. Ocoee feeds Walker Valley. The student has the option of going to Bradley Central or Walker Valley if they live in the county. If a county resident goes to Cleveland High then they must pay tuition. Vis Versa for students going from city to county without moving. Moving is the key to transferring without worrying about losing eligibility!

Edited by HUCK

Huck is almost correct.

A city resident can choose to go to the city school or either county school (with approval from the county school system, mainly due to space issues); No additional tuition (tax) is required since city residence pay county taxes in addition to city taxes. A transferring student would not be TSSAA eligible unless the city school gives a release. If there is a change of address all of the above is moot.