Page 24 - Crockett. 28

bulldog69

I already did..I said you were a great team.Crockett wins!! How's that??? Keep in mind you won the game but it was far from a dominating performance from a top-rated team.....give credit to Page too ...they played absolutely ..FEARLESS...

AND NEXT WEEK YOU PLAY AT GREENBRIER... I give CREDIT to Greenbrier and they will give you all you can handle.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was a great game. some of the hardest hits i have ever seen in a high school game tonight. page had a great team, game could have went either way. costly turnover by page with tight end moving down to the 10 yard line before the half was a huge play.

how many fumbles were there? at least 5 for each team. earnest williams fumbled twice and he hadn't fumbled twice all year.

i never cared for the "lay the wood to the quarterback after the play is over" tactics of page. the late hit by number 3 in the second quarter on our qb was downright dirty. happened 3 seconds after he made the handoff. i was happy to see him defend himself at the end of the first half when number 3 tried it again.

all in all i think if we played page 10 times they could beat crockett 5 times. congratulations on a great season for page and we are looking forward to another hard hitting game with greenbrier.

those 4 hurt players for crockett were all playing at games end. there are gonna be some sore guys tommorrow for both teams.

cavfan... I feel you guys are a great team but any of our top  3 in our region could win on any given night against your team. Greenbrier matches up against you  almost identical.  ......Sycamore would have drove you nuts with thier passing game and qb.....No one in your region has a quality passing game..or has had to pass.

Greenbrier in a close one 21-14.....They are too strong for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a key word for this match-up .....PASSING THE BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again with "Crockett is overrated and they're gonna lose Post?". Come on, now. They've shown (twice) they can beat the top teams in your region. Don't be so harsh of the Cavs. And as for the game, Page played good, but they are one of the dirtiest teams I have ever seen (pro, college, high school, etc.). PERIOD. Mosier was hit late at least four times, twice on a hand-off three seconds after the ball was gone. Come on. That's no accident. The officiating was equally atrocious. Soooo many missed personal fouls against the Pats that it was almost funny. Crockett not only beat the Pats, they had to beat the officials as well. But don't get me wrong. They are, hands down, the best team that we have played all year. They almost sent us packing. Heck of a game Page, but but be a little cleaner next time, OK?

Come on now the officiating was just as tough on our side. A lot of talking was coming from the cavs side along with some pushing and shoving. Those late hits were made by one player and only one player do not say that our team is the dirtiest you've seen. The cavs also had a knack for blocking in the back.

Hats off to Mosier, after those hits (that were late) he was obviously favoring his left arm and looked like it was hurting him pretty bad but he stayed in on O and D the whole game.

It was completely an offensive game and both teams suffered from turnovers. I thought Page defense stepped up in the 2nd half forcing 2 punts...unfortunately our offense couldnt produce quite like we did in the 1st half. Pretty exciting though, a lot like '01's 1st round match up.

Advice for the cavs, it was obvious that you all thought Page would be a push over and its obvious you were wrong. If you go to Greenbrier thinking that you will not win. Greenbrier is a very good team and it's going to be interesting seeing Herndon and Williams on the same field after all the talk about who's better. Congratulations on your win.

Punter8c,

I don't know if you are on Page's team or just a fan; regardless, Page gave Crockett all they could handle last night. I think alot of the Crockett fans probably felt that this game would not have been as tough as it was. Page kept the Crockett defense off balance the whole first half. These two teams were evenly matched. Crockett has not faced a team all season that was able to move the ball on them like Page was able to do. Page has nothing to hang their heads about. They have a great team, Crockett was just fortunate enough to be ahead when the clock finally ran out. I'm sure there was alot of talking on the field coming from both sides; however, a player (#3) should not take two free shots on the quarterback after a play. Congratulations on a good season. Based on the games during the playoffs there is no doubt in my mind that Region 5 was stronger than Region 6 from top to bottom this year. Hopefully Crockett can go to Greenbrier and pull off a win, but it will be very tough, especially on the road.

bulldog69, why do you have so much hatred for Crockett County how come you cant just give credit where credit is due. Also, I would like to remind u that Crockett County has more wepons than just Earnest Williams we have Chris Ingram, Murell Tyus, Brent Mullins and Tyler Mosier which are players that are great on both sides of the ball. Not to mention David White at MLB. Also, the secondary is not as bad you make them seem to be. They might have a couple of young players, but the crockett county defense should never be underestimated. After all, were not 12-0 for nothing

also remember

OFFENSE WINS GAMES

DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Great game. Surprise, surprise.

There does not seem to be a truly dominating team in 3A this year. The true top 5 or 6 teams are all probably very evenly matched and each team could win on any given night, IMO.

Polls are so subjective that people should learn by now that, especially in high school football, they mean absolutely nothing. To be ranked #1 or #2 in the state means squat. All that matters is what happens on Friday night.

So is Crockett County overrated? It really doesn't matter. Greenbriar isn't intimidated by Crockett. Crockett isn't intimidated by Greenbriar. Being ranked a couple spots ahead or behind an opponent in a poll doesn't matter one bit to the players. Both teams at this point realize that they win or go home.

I'm expecting a hard fought game that could go either way Friday.

Great game.  Surprise, surprise.

There does not seem to be a truly dominating team in 3A this year.  The true top 5 or 6 teams are all probably very evenly matched and each team could win on any given night, IMO.

Polls are so subjective that people should learn by now that, especially in high school football, they mean absolutely nothing.  To be ranked #1 or #2 in the state means squat.  All that matters is what happens on Friday night. 

So is Crockett County overrated?  It really doesn't matter.  Greenbriar isn't intimidated by Crockett.  Crockett isn't intimidated by Greenbriar.  Being ranked a couple spots ahead or behind an opponent in a poll doesn't matter one bit to the players.  Both teams at this point realize that they win or go home. 

I'm expecting a hard fought game that could go either way Friday.

I agree with you on the polls. Greenbrier has not been ranked all year. I think they like playing the underdog role. They suffered three early losses and it may have cost them a ranking, but overall I think it made them a better team at the end of the season. With Crockett being ranked so high all year, the pressure will be on them. Greenbrier will play the underdog role once again. A role they have grown accustomed to.

The only poll that matters and people will remember is the final one.

I hope you Crockett fans will have a safe trip to Greenbrier.

Edited by COACHHARD

bulldog69 you might go with Greenbrier, but Greenbrier dose not have a Earnest Williams nor a Chris Ingram. It will be a battle from start to finish, but the cavaliers will reign victorious because if greenbrier think they will win by stopping one man, Earnest Williams, they will have to worry about stopping three more. Good luck to greenbrier because they will need it. Greenbrier will really have to prepare for Crockett County because:

Good Luck Cavaliers!

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!