DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Well DB is deeper at receiver than any school in the state, so we'll be fine. Williams didn't contribute much since mid season anyway. Who would you rather lose off the team, Williams or........Ferguson, Flanry, Moten, Nottingham, Throp, McMillin, Gaines, Hayes, anyone off the O OR D line ? Does anyone remember how Gaines steped up against Sevier Co. He looked as good or better than Williams, so I know he has what it takes. We won't lose any games because Williams is not playing.

Got to agree with you there, although Williams is a hellever player, I would rather lose him than anybody you mentioned. Flanery, Throp and Nottingham are the heart of this team, Moten is 'da man' McMillan, Hayes and Gaines could really step up this week, Tripato may also get some more calls, Dusty Fletcher is not quite at William's level but he knows how to run routes and catch the ball.

Should make the game even more exciting, Cotey is kicking the ball much further that the first time these two teams played, into the end zone on the vast majority of kick off's, this will stop OR running it all the way back or even into good field position.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Wildcat Fans & Indian Fans

You won't (I don't expect) hear of any kind of excuses coming from the Indians just because a Prima-Donna got his feelings hurt and is no longer a member of the TEAM.

I still expect a CLASSIC, with or without #1 LW. I will not mention his Number, Initials or Name again.

I still think all of the Keys for winning the game remain as they were before. Establish the run, make good QB decisons and stopping the OR Rushing Attack.

Nowhere in those Game Keys is 1 person/player mentioned. DB will deal with this with class and with honor.

This Game is still as big as it ever was.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy UP!!

I am happy to see some high school coaches showing the "tough love" some of today's athletes need. Maybe by missing this game, Lamon will not turn out to be Keyshawn Johnson. Earlier this year, George Quarles suspended a couple of players for the first Knox Central game, and I have heard others suspending players who are not with the "team" concept. I hope this teaches athletes at a young age to act with some sense.

What the kid needs to realize is that there are so many other kids on that team that give it all they have everyday, and would give it all just to be in his shoes. I hate it for him that he made that decision, but quite honestly, the rest of the team doesn't deserve for the credit to go to someone like that. Hopefully he will get his head on straight in the future and make something of himself instead of just another great athlete out of Kingsport to give it all up for the wrong reasons.

Edited by DBHS1

What did the kid do???

It was reported in the Local Paper that Coach Clark was not happy with his work rate in practice, there was an argument, Coach Clark stopped him practicing and told him there was still achance he could play if he came and talked to Clark on Wednesday to sort it out, Lamond choose not to meet with Clark, end of story.

Hats off to Coach Clark. I am a Jeff Co fan, but that is one thing lacking there is the Discipline, and it peeked throughout the season, and came to a boil the last two games. We had two players in particular, coming off the sideline and throwing 2 year old tantrums, and nothing being done, and they went back into the game. Discipline is #1. Whether the best or the worst player, it needs to be there and be consistent. lamon is a great player, but I admire the coaching staff to make the stand and keep to it. DB has a great program, and a staff like this will keep it going.

Well, I just learned the news about Lamon! Terrible news.

The loss of Williams is a HUGE lose for the Indians. Yes, a HUGE loss. Even when the ball was not coming his way, he would draw a double team.

How many big plays has he made in the last two years? Too many to count. His long TD catch against Jeff Co broke that game open earlier this year.

I am no way being critical of Clark. I am sure that he did the right thing for the team. I hope that Lamon will come to his senses.

The rest of the team will have to step up.

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

A question for the "Research and Development Department" and Art Vandalay.

Art, have we ever had a Soph.(Steven Moten) lead the team in tackles?

Word from the practice field is that the team is pumped, and have had a very good week. Everybody is focused and they got that look in their eye. It should be a battle.

WaCo ;) JaCo

Edited by WaCoJaCo