macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

419carpet - Well if you want to argue that point then Livingston would be the real region champion because they made the most improvement throughout the year, and may have been the best team in the region at the end of the season. All of this is nonsense. Would I trade a region championship for a spot in the state semifinals absolutely, but the bottom line is MACON COUNTY is the 2003 Region 4-3A champions and that can never be taken away regardless of what happens tomorrow night!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

419carpet - Well if you want to argue that point then Livingston would be the real region champion because they made the most improvement throughout the year, and may have been the best team in the region at the end of the season. All of this is nonsense. Would I trade a region championship for a spot in the state semifinals absolutely, but the bottom line is MACON COUNTY is the 2003 Region 4-3A champions and that can never be taken away regardless of what happens tomorrow night!

MC can have their REGULAR season championship...they earned it. We'll take the trip to K-town.

Livingston didn't do enough in the early part of the season to make it to the playoffs. Therefore how do we know if they were the best team. They aren't there. Maybe they were the hottest team but they didn't get to prove it. It's MC vs SC in the quaters. Who has made the most improvement between the two teams. This is now the real region championship. The regular season was just a mini-playoff to see where you would get put in the bracket. Now it's for all the marbles. Winner is region champ and moves on, looser goes home 2nd.

enge
Hmmmmm...........sounds familiar. We beat SC in week 10, and they got revenge in week 12. Two years ago, we beat TC during regular seaon, and they beat us in week 12, when it meant a lot more. Believe me MC fans, It ain't going to be easy by no means whatsoever. SC will come out ready to take revenge on you like they did us. It means more now than it meant then. Yeah, a region championship is a great accomplishment, but making it to the State Championship game would be a lot better! The winner is is one step closer to that goal! Week 13 is the "REAL" regional championship game. We heard this several weeks ago and here it is! So all I have to say now is......."GET YOU SOME!!!"

:huh:

(I hate losing in week 12......I hate losing in any week!  ;) )

PPride brings out a good point. It's more difficult than people believe to beat people more than one time in a season. I think everyone agrees that in 2001 when Portland was the defending state champs that they were obviously better than we (Trousdale) were and we still won. They had 2 times the talent we did. The revenge factor works wonders. We had beaten SC convincingly the past 2 seasons in the regular season and in each playoff game that we played against them the past two seasons they were at one point in the game ahead. They could have easily won last year's playoff and the year before that's playoff game. We had the creekbank magic on our side then. What I'm trying to say is Macon beware of the revenge factor because it has more to do with the outcome of the game than you think.

CARPET BOY

I remember the TC @ Peetown game. Peetown jumped out 14 - 0 then quit playing ball till the 4th quarter but then it was to late TC had the MO. TC played their hind ends off, but Peetown thought they had the game won. The revenge played a part, but it was more Peetown thinking they had it in the bag.

Livingston didn't do enough in the early part of the season to make it to the playoffs.  Therefore how do we know if they were the best team.  They aren't there.  Maybe they were the hottest team but they didn't get to prove it.  It's MC vs SC in the quaters.  Who has made the most improvement between the two teams.  This is now the real region championship.  The regular season was just a mini-playoff to see where you would get put in the bracket.  Now it's for all the marbles.  Winner is region champ and moves on, looser goes home 2nd.

CARPET BOY

The region championship has already been decided. Macon Co. is the region champs. We're in the playoffs now to decide who the State Champion is going to be, not the region. Macon has already won that.

MACON COUNTY TIGERS

2003 REGION 4-3A CHAMPIONS

Edited by bigB76

CARPET BOY

I remember the TC @ Peetown game. Peetown jumped out 14 - 0 then quit playing ball till the 4th quarter but then it was to late TC had the MO. TC played their hind ends off, but Peetown thought they had the game won. The revenge played a part, but it was more Peetown thinking they had it in the bag.

I knew I would regret bringing up that point about the revenge loss. BigB, did you have to bring the details up on that one? Man it still hurts thinking about it. :huh:

;)

(Two State Championships in a row would have been nice if we were able to attain it. ;) )

Smith Co. - Macon Co. will definitely be a good game. This TC fan was at the Smith Co. - Portland game last Friday and thoroughly enjoyed it. I know both teams are on a mission and both want the win badly. I've already told Coach Dyer's wife that I do not envy her this week at all. She's got hte toughest job of all this week. Best of luck to both and whichever makes the trip to east Tennessee next week, watch out!!! Austin-East and Fulton both have excellent programs and will be tough for either. You can be sure that the crowd will be full of TC fans Friday in Macon Co. Some of us will be pulling for the Tigers and some others for the Owls. As I said in another thread, I hope all region fans can put aside any differences and support the region team that does make it to Knoxville next week. I'd love to see our region represented in the championship and will be there if that happens. See you all in Macon EARLY Friday night.

;);):huh:

CARPET BOY

I knew I would regret bringing up that point about the revenge loss. BigB, did you have to bring the details up on that one? Man it still hurts thinking about it. ;)

:huh:

(Two State Championships in a row would have been nice if we were able to attain it. ;) )

I'm right, ain't I PPride?

Portland had the best team in 3A that year and let it get away. You do have to hand it to TC for never quitting. Hey PEE, do you remember the fumble on the last drive? I thought Peetown was going to score at the end of the game, but fumbled it away.