macon county vs. smith county, the rematch.

demonchild

Guest roll-tide-44
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE watch the news tonight, Macon Co...so that you can see and hear your names on the news...finally getting some publicity!!!!...

Funny though...the only time the news....NO NO NO...don't say it...Can't help myself...The only time the news comes to town is when ya'll are playing Smith Co...LMAO...I'm having issues today...

That's OK Queen, Macon Co. doesn't need the media to tell us that we've done well or give us a pat on the back. We know exactly what we've accomplished and don't need anyone else to tell us about it. Some people complain about respect, but I feel like teams respect Macon Co. We don't have the full respect of some of the other teams in the mid-state, but that requires a few years on top not just a breakout season. It's fine with me if people want to over look the Tigers of Macon Co., it just opens the door a little more for the 1-2 knockout punch we deliver.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pic16091.jpg

Last time Smith County fell short, 21-6. This time they'll exact their revenge.

Smith County 20, Macon County 17

You da man Wes...your team has had a couple of kids with SC ties over the years...late 80's early 90's.

Chris Reid and John Maggart...both's parents are from Carthage.

Good luck to your team this weekend.

We are remaining neutral for this one. We both work in Lafayette, but we always pull for Smith County when they are not playing us ( ;) ), so we have to try to remain somewhere in the middle. You did not get to see the newest member of the family yet if you were late did you? Scream real loud if you see us at the game, we will have pictures!

We are remaining neutral for this one. We both work in Lafayette, but we always pull for Smith County when they are not playing us ( ;) ), so we have to try to remain somewhere in the middle. You did not get to see the newest member of the family yet if you were late did you? Scream real loud if you see us at the game, we will have pictures!

I know my kitten told me CONGRATS, I will look for you at the game.

In twent-seven hours the best of the best will collide in Lafayette Tennessee. The skys will be the only calm at this event. What's at stake? EVERYTHING !!! Both teams can be proud of thier accomplishments thus far. It has not been an easy road for either team, but a win here will make it all worth while. PLAY HARD !!!! PLAY SMART !!!!!

THEN WIN !!!!!!!

GO BIG OWLS !!!!!

YOUR FANS ARE BEHIND YOU " JUST LIKE YOU PLAY" 110%

DOWN TOWARD THE FALL OF THE YEAR

THE MIGHTY TIGERS SHIFT INTO HIGH GEAR

IT IS A GEAR THE OWLS HAVE NEVER SEEN

AND ONE THAT THEY WILL ONLY REACH IN THEIR DREAMS

AS NIGHT BARES ON AND THE CLOCK RUNS DOWN

MACON CO WILL BE KNOXVILLE BOUND

I WISH 14JUNGLEFAN WAS STILL IN TOWN SO HE COULD READ THIS

GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN TOWARD THE FALL OF THE YEAR

THE MIGHTY TIGERS SHIFT INTO HIGH GEAR

IT IS A GEAR THE OWLS HAVE NEVER SEEN

AND ONE THAT THEY WILL ONLY REACH IN THEIR DREAMS

AS NIGHT BARES ON AND THE CLOCK RUNS DOWN

MACON CO WILL BE KNOXVILLE BOUND

I WISH 14JUNGLEFAN WAS STILL IN TOWN SO HE COULD READ THIS

Well, one things for sure, Im sure Macon Co. has never seen a gear that high either!!!!! GO OWLS

Hmmmmm...........sounds familiar. We beat SC in week 10, and they got revenge in week 12. Two years ago, we beat TC during regular seaon, and they beat us in week 12, when it meant a lot more. Believe me MC fans, It ain't going to be easy by no means whatsoever. SC will come out ready to take revenge on you like they did us. It means more now than it meant then. Yeah, a region championship is a great accomplishment, but making it to the State Championship game would be a lot better! The winner is is one step closer to that goal! Week 13 is the "REAL" regional championship game. We heard this several weeks ago and here it is! So all I have to say now is......."GET YOU SOME!!!"

:huh:

(I hate losing in week 12......I hate losing in any week! ;) )

PPride brings out a good point. It's more difficult than people believe to beat people more than one time in a season. I think everyone agrees that in 2001 when Portland was the defending state champs that they were obviously better than we (Trousdale) were and we still won. They had 2 times the talent we did. The revenge factor works wonders. We had beaten SC convincingly the past 2 seasons in the regular season and in each playoff game that we played against them the past two seasons they were at one point in the game ahead. They could have easily won last year's playoff and the year before that's playoff game. We had the creekbank magic on our side then. What I'm trying to say is Macon beware of the revenge factor because it has more to do with the outcome of the game than you think.

MACON COUNTY IS THE 2003 Region 4-3A Champion and thats the bottom line.

I think that this is the real region championship. It shows how much improvement that you have made over the course of season and it is the last meating between the two top teams in the region. Why wouldn't it be the real region championship? It determines who is better now.