GovMan

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

has anyone heard from govman? does anyone know when they will start interviewing?

Donnie Moore expressed to me that he would love to have a coach in place early in January. However, it remains to be seen what type (if any) of school board imposed restraints we may have to work through.

I made the comment that I felt the WB system of old played favorites. Well I will not name names but a few years a certain head coach (Who may have been a thief) allowed his son to be the ball carrier 30-40 times a game when the kid should have been on the o-line. Another kid, now carrying the ball real well for Maryville College got limited touches at WB because of it. He is developing into a great Small college back. Year before last or so another coach’s kid who was the qb, safety, punter, kick return man and was given the ball 90% of the time in almost every situation. I know the 150lb kid was a great athlete and did a good job; it is just placing your eggs in one basket in my view. When the kids were done so were the coachs in both instances. You got a 5A school at WB and 125 kids go out for the team about every year, one would think the program would not have to play kids both ways. After all it is a team game. So if the belief is out there that WB has had talent, then why do the coaches down there refuse to use it.

My post was not intended to make fans mad, just that I think WB should go after new blood because as anyone can see the status quo is not getting it done. I only know what I read in the papers, word of mouth and seeing the games in person. Why did Coach Reid really leave? He seems to be doing well at Alcoa. I hope WB and the county school board get this situation fixed for the kids, not the fans!

Hey boyz!

Well FB emeritus...I think you stepped on some toes...

Reese Macman is my son! He also is the best athlete probably to ever wear the blue and orange.

One could make an argument for Chris Whitehead ... but I am struggling to think of any overall athlete better than my boy Reese!

It is funny that you mentioned it...I was dating this guy who loved Reese Cups and the next thing you know...Reese was born.

I also take exception to the 125 trying out for football...more like 80 at the most! Of those 80, with your theory...one would need about 24 exceptional athletes to have no one playing both ways.

Reese was the only all state athlete in football ever at William Blount, unless I am forgetting that really good lineman in the mid '80's.

Say what you want about Coach Mac...he is the only coach I know of who has won consistently at both schools...he also didn't build Reese a weight room with questionable funds. He also has won county championships at Heritage and William Blount and probably has forgot more football than you will ever know.

Not trying to get personal here, so I will say he has forgotten more football than I will ever know...but I'm a girl!

Someone said earlier (with one post to their name) the best coach was right under their nose...were you talking about coach mac?

My guess is William Blount will offer the job to somebody like Randy Carroll at Gibbs. There is a Maryville College connection at William Blount and Jim Pryor is the principal at Gibbs...well some of you older posters know the Pryor, Archie Anderson, Steve Dockery, Gary Dutton, Benny Monroe, Mike White connections...

You all can surmise as you will...my money is on the fraternity at Maryville College. Look for Coach Carroll to come to 5A to escape the heat of slappin a kid around.

It remains to be seen!

Love you boyz!

:D

Edited by susie

Susie, this may not be the right lineman but didn't Charles Rathbone (early 90's)play at UT for a year or so and then went to Carson Newman where he was All American. Maybe not best all around athlete your talking about but good football player nonetheless. Your right about # of players out for football. Any school in the state would be hard pressed to get 125 out unless they included the freshman team. I also don't thing the Gibbs coach would be a wise hire with all thats been in the news about him.

Hey boyz!

No mama, Suzette liked his deddy ok, but she is a Jeff Gordon fan.

I personally like Wicky Wudd!

My husband likes the older drivers: Buddy Baker, Bill Elliot, Richard Petty, and David Pearson.

Please don't confuse David Pearson with Flipper...who I heard has applied for the William Blount job and will probably get it!

Love you boyz!

:D