OR vs. DB as guaranteed!

91statechamp

It all makes sense now. The McMinn coach would not shake hands because he had the flu and did not want to spread germs. How nice! Class move.

OK, back to Oak Ridge now. Tribeman88, go home

Bud,

Just for the record, I was right behind Coach Hutchins after the game and personally saw him shake hands with Coach Clark and wish him luck in the rest of DB's games. He also shoke hands with two other coaches, #10, and #7. It is our policy at McMinn to leave the field as soon as possible, win or lose. I really respect your program at DB and know that Coach Hutchins does as well. Please get your facts straight before blasting people on this site. Good luck to DB, all of region 1 is pulling for you guys.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red81KPsmash please let me comment on this hand shaking deal, I was approx. 3 ft. from coach Hutchins when he met coach Clark @ the 50 yrd. line and shook his hand. This is absurd that someone would make a comment without having their facts in line. Coach Hutchins is a class act and has a tremendous amount of respect for coach Clark and the DB football program.

I don't know if since McMinn always goes to their locker room after the game and then permitts their players to return to the field to visit with family and friends if DB fans thought this was some kind of slam on them. It is not any kind of a reflection on DB or it's fans.

To set the record straight coach Hutchins did shake hands not only with the coaching staff from DB but with several players. Come on Bud show some of that class I know you have and DO NOT make statements about somebody unless you see it with your own two eyes!!!!!!

My apology. It was my understanding that the shaking of hands did not happen. I am glad they did in fact shake hands, sorry for the mistake. I did not see it with my own two eyes, I was relying on other people and what they posted. Again.......sorry.

Edited by bud

Coach Hutchins did shake hands with Coach Clark (and Parcells hugged Belicheck), and might have with a couple of assistants and maybe two players...if that is all you all expect, then you got it. He didn't have the decency to shake hands with all the players, who, as always, lined up to shake hands, both teams and coaching staffs...this is the same coach who snubbed the Indians last year as an assistant @ Jeff County, not shaking the players hands...I did see it with my own eyes (from the press box). McMinn has a fine team and a fine coaching staff. I wish, for all the kids sake, that your head coach would take the time to do what all his players did, shake everyones hand.

I can say it, too...Go Karns. They won. I am happy for them and certainly proud of their effort and the energy that that win gave to their school and community. Should we bring up the Jets to you? We are 11-1 and our lone loss was to the Karns Beavers...didn't hurt me at all to say that, so it doesn't hurt me or the Indians, for you to say it.

Good luck to the McMinn seniors with their quest to college, I am sure there are quite a few being looked at by area colleges. Hope to see the returning players in the playoffs next year.

Enjoyed your broadcasting crew, nice guys.

Roll Tribe Roll

Good luck to the Wildcats, would love to see you guys win another State Championship especially with this classy coaching staff that you have now. 91Statechamp, I guess I have to give you(if you were ever a wildcat) credit back in 1991 you did win a championship but with the tailback that you had how could you not and how in the world did you lose to Paducah, get beat by Lincoln county the year before, not to mention 49-14. Again good luck to the Cats, it is good to see a coaching staff maintain discipline,class,and integrity and be in a position to win a state championship,what an example for kids today during an era of "me" instead of team,congratulations to head coach and staff at Oak Ridge for cleaning up that program and making East Tennessee proud. I believe you can win it all even without that swagger or stagger that 91 talks about. Go Bobcats and Wildcats.Central Bobcat

bud,

I thought that was who you are. I saw your dad yesterday, in fact. Your Grandfather was my orthodontist and my sister's, as well. My grandmother lived on Catawba St. in the house directly behind where your mother grew up (on Watauga). Small world, huh? And now we get Pizza from Big Ed's delivered by 91statechamp. And then we get to watch the two best teams in Northeast Tennessee play in the "great eight" to represent the area in the "final four".

I'd say that sounds like a good thing.

Roll Tribe Roll

Bud,and Skunk, Hate to you inform of this but I just heard that 91 has been banned from Big Ed's for impersonating a former Wildcat and for being obnoxious,don't go to the game expecting pizza, I doubt he will show up, after listening to some of his babblings about his swagger or was that stagger. If he does show up though ask him about 49-14 and Todd. Bobcat