Chris Wooden- Player of the Week TONITE

TheScout

It was just released on the website that DCA running back Chris Wooden will be the Monday Night Live with Jeff Fisher Player of the Week tonite at 7:00. Congrats Chris on the best game I've ever seen by any individual Friday Night. You deserved it. It's a travesty and a crime that he wasn't nominated MR. FOOTBALL because he is without question the best back in 1A. Also congrats to CPA on an excellent game. It was the best game I've been to in a while and I'll definenty be at the heated rematch next year!

I'm glad he got to be on the show tonight he certainly deserves it.

As for Mr Football, there is a tendency to keep it for Seniors at High School. I have no doubt that he will be on the list next year.

As for the rematch next year, it should be another great one as both teams return a lot of their skill positions.

Edited by OnlineLC

I bet he will be seething. Will he actually be there or is it just a piece on him?

They always have the player and a few of the teamates in the audience. It is not usually handled by Jeff Fisher himself, rather the announcers show a short film clip of his last week's action and the camera then zooms in on the player. That is basically it.

As for Jeff Fisher seeting I doubt it. He knows a good player when he sees one even if it is against his own son's team.

280 and 3 touchdowns is a wonderful game. Not many people can boast those kind of numbers. The only statistical game that I have seen better would be Collin Bodiford a year ago. He ran for close to 350 yards and 5 touchdowns(and threw for another touchdown) against 4A Hardin County last year. Of course, that wasn't in the 2nd Round of playoffs and; therefore, wasn't as big of a game as this one was. Bodiford, who is a finalist for Mr. Football this year, definately had a better season last year than he has had this year. Since the award is normally for seniors he was overlooked last year but nominated this year. I would love to see DCA and Fayette meet in the semifinals because it would be a great showdown of back between Bodiford and Wooden.

I have had the pleasure of watching Chris grow up. He is a fine young man. Also he is my 1st cousin. I wish I could see more of his games, being that I live in Macon Co. it makes it difficult. I fully expect Chris to be on the list for Mr. Football next year. If anyone has not seen him play, you are missing out. This kid has heart.