TYNER VS. LIPSCOMB: OFFICIAL THREAD

windtalker

first of all dlu07, you are a retard, no one is just going to lie down and let someone come back into the game, and 2nd of all you have no idea what you are talking about, Tyner Academy is not a private school, you do not have to pay to go there like a private school, it is a magnet school where the curriculum focuses on certain areas of study, so these kids are interested in studying about in a certain field and trying to do something with their lives, so dont accuse these kids of being rich and snobby or whatever you are trying to say when that is not waht they are, i think you are just jealous because you are pulling for lipscomb when you know tyners line is going to win the game in all facets for the rams, sorry try again next year, tyner by 2 tds and throw in a field goal by the big fella in celebration

I don't think it is very mature to come back with a direct insult in addition to an immature claim like that. Sure Tyner has a good chance of winning, but hey... who's favored to win by over 70% again?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Halen, I am sorry sir but you have got it all wrong. Not everyone who goes to Lipscomb is rich. I am not rich at all. About 65% of my school is being paid for by scholarships, and federal money. The rest is being paid by a loan taken out in my name. My parents do a little bit, like pay my insurance for me and I thank them everyday for that. But, I do have a job, and not one cent of that loan is put in my parent's name. I do not drive an H2. I drive a 94 honda civic that is 3 different colors. I am sorry that you don't like me but you will just have to deal with it. :lol:

Well high school fan you make a good point but if the games were played in Knoxville or Chattnooga and not in middle Tennessee the results would be different. But all you guys are dodging the issue. It is not about rich or poor, private or public, it is about big vs little. Tyner is big Lipcomb is little...advantage Tyner...Let's talk about the game and not junk. We don't need silly kids like van halen and others polluting the discussion. I wish we could all meet at the 50 after the game to shake hands. I will be there I hope you all will be too. Leave the kids at home...this one will not be a pretty site for little ponies.....rams gaining steam...42-7

I really can't see either team winning this game easily. Everyone who is predicting a blowout for either side needs to use a little common sense. Tyner will be the bigger and faster team, but DL is undefeated and ranked #1 for a reason. I do feel that Tyner will win, but I'm not going to make a prediction on the score since you can never really tell whats going on in the mind of a teenager.

The Ram train will roll in and at least 500 fans will step off. 

CHOO CHOO

Choo Choo

Now that my cats are out of the playoffs, I was thinking about going to the Tyner game Friday night. The 500 fans though makes me worry a little bit.

How is your stadium arranged? Do you have many aisle seats? I like to sit on the end of a row. You see, (You're going to think this is silly) I always have a problem knowing how to enter a row. Should I go in facing the field? Or should I have my back to the field?

I am a pretty big guy-6'5", 250 lbs+. I used to go down a row facing the field so I could see the game. One night in Knoxville, it hit me that my rear was in front of everyone's nose. I just panicked. I turned the other way, and well that turned out to be just as bad. I think you get the picture.

I just don't go to games anymore unless I can sit on the end of a row. What time will I need to get to Tyner to get a good end seat?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could enter and exit a row? What is the proper and polite way to do this? The last time I went to a UT game, I got there 2 1/2 hours early so I wouldn't have to walk past people. I didn't drink any liquids for 12 hours before the game so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. We ended up playing 6 overtimes with Arkansas and I thought my pipes were going to burst.

Any advice out there? It's after 11, so I'm ready to hit the sack. I'll check back tomorrow night and see if anyone can help me. Then I'll decide whether to go to the Tyner game or head up to Maryville.

Edited by TedLNancy

The Ram train will roll in and at least 500 fans will step off. 

CHOO CHOO

Choo Choo

Now that my cats are out of the playoffs, I was thinking about going to the Tyner game Friday night. The 500 fans though makes me worry a little bit.

How is your stadium arranged? Do you have many aisle seats? I like to sit on the end of a row. You see, (You're going to think this is silly) I always have a problem knowing how to enter a row. Should I go in facing the field? Or should I have my back to the field?

I am a pretty big guy-6'5", 250 lbs+. I used to go down a row facing the field so I could see the game. One night in Knoxville, it hit me that my rear was in front of everyone's nose. I just panicked. I turned the other way, and well that turned out to be just as bad. I think you get the picture.

I just don't go to games anymore unless I can sit on the end of a row. What time will I need to get to Tyner to get a good end seat?

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could enter and exit a row? What is the proper and polite way to do this? The last time I went to a UT game, I got there 2 1/2 hours early so I wouldn't have to walk past people. I didn't drink any liquids for 12 hours before the game so I wouldn't have to go to the bathroom. We ended up playing 6 overtimes with Arkansas and I thought my pipes were going to burst.

Any advice out there? It's after 11, so I'm ready to hit the sack. I'll check back tomorrow night and see if anyone can help me. Then I'll decide whether to go to the Tyner game or head up to Maryville.

I'm 6'5" 260lbs. and have no problem at all in Tyner's stadium. The rows are wide and well spaced and you'll have no trouble getting around. You might want to bring a blanket or pad, since you'll be sitting right on the concrete (there are no aluminum benches), but I think you'll find the home stands very accomodating. Good to know you'll be attending. Have a good time!

ok guys i just got done watching the goodpasture tyner game on tape. Tyner seemed to have trouble holding onto the ball, but gp also had trouble convrting on those turnovers. I don't see how lipscomb can't win this game. Tyner's qb just plan stinks in the pass offense. he can't throw the ball. this tyner offense is one dimensional they have no passing game they like to spread it out but if your qb can't throw what's the point.

now the secondary. patrick turner for gp had almost 300 yards recieving in the first half. he had one play impaticular that he ran a deep post and there was noone within 20 yards of him. he had several plays like this to put it nicely tyner's secondary stinks. Tyner made no adjustments at half like all these people say they did. they had a safety early in the 3 rd quarter and that changed goodpastures outlook for the rest of the game they never got back on track. tyner fumbled the ball on the drive right after the safety and thanks to some horrible passes by janco they gave the ball right back to them.

tyner will lose this game in the fourth quarter. their big guys up front were standing up and not firing off the ball. goodpasture should have won they just had 2 penalties kill them late on their last drive. they were pushing the tyner d line all over the place in the fourth quarter. on one drive they averaged probably 5 yards a carry. against a d line that averages about 290 pounds that's not suppose to happen!!With a one deminsional offense and a horrible secondary. there is no questionlipscomb wins this game by 3 touchdowns. even though they are big correction huge.tyner did not impress me at all. lipscomb wins big.

Tyner's 360 yds rushing to 60 for GP, so who was getting pushed around? It's funny how Tyner made no adjustments, but some how Turner for GP didn't catch any passes in the second half. #77 for Tyner must really be good if the D-Line was standing up and getting pushed around and he still managed to crush the GP fullback in the backfield on the games final drive. The QB that is so bad had about 100yds. passing and 100yds. rushing including the highlight of the night when he juked three GP players to set up the winning touchdown. The bottom line is that the better team will win on Friday night, if DL wins I will give them their props.

I don't understand why people just can't come on here and keep the intended spirit of the board. Let's talk football. Lipscomb has always been well coached. I remember in 97 when the the Tyner team with arguably the best talent ever assembled on a AA team was taken to the wire by the Mustangs. Of course Tyner won 19-14 on their way to a state championship. This team is close to that one in talent. It should be a close game for a quarter but then the size and strength of the Rams will prevail....Come on guys...keep the junk off the board....let's talk football