GoMab's 2003 Team Rankings

CoachT

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gomab, always enjoy reading your basketball picks and opinions. Usually agree with most of your stuff. I do agree with NCS03 about McEwen being ranked so high in class A. Waverly scrimmage them last week and was up 30 after 3 quarters. McEwen lost a lot from last year and has no one at all to go with Puckett, who is definitely a player. I also agree Waverly will win 10AA and probably will have a difficult time matching up with Giles. However, people are in for a suprise with some new faces giving Waverly more size and athleticism. Not to mention Nichols can score by the bushel load and remember the name Ricco Ralston, who has grown taller, bulked up and been unstoppable in preseason. This team closely resembles the final four team of 1999.

You're probably right in McEwen's case... The rankings will obviously change throughout the year...

I'll definitely watch for Waverly...

As for Whites Creek.. that was last year, and losing Cannon and the other wing from an average team is a lot... Nollner will have them playing competitive ball, though...

Brentwood Academy is ranked #1, so check before you comment...

Ooltewah should be good, but we'll see how they do in Region (District is very weak)...

The West is always good, but the Gap looks to have widened a great bit this year (with the exception of BC in AAA and GC in AA). This is truly a banner year for Memphis and West Tn, and even teams like Craigmont, Melrose, etc would dominate most middle and east Tn districts this year even with Craigmont possibly having a losing season. The talent in Memphis is unreal...

Gomab, Why is Alcoa not ranked in the top 20? They only lost one starter and they recieved a transfer, Kurt Toro, that plays very well and blends in with the team great. He is a good shooter and tough athlete. Also the starting 5 and 6 players that play are all great athletes. They have Nick Pasqua that shoots great, Deon Smith that lit up against Pigeon Forge in the hall of fame game, Derrell Dean an incredible athlete with awesome basketball talent, and the other wing and post player are also good ball players too. I think they should be up their with AE and Fulton on your rankings. Tell me why they are not. Thank You.

I think you need to bump up Ae, Fulton and Alcoa all three. The Falcons are gonna surprise some people this year. They've surprised me already! Right now...they have a good team that would probably pull of a .500 season...maybe more. But that's a young team minus six players. Six KEY players that will return after football. Expect big things from these Falcons. They're ready for one heck of a season!!!

As ALWAYS...GO FALCONS!!!