NO TEAM 5A, 4A, 3A, 2A, 1A CAN BEAT MARYVILLE

fayfay05

I am not getting mad that others say they can beat Maryville, I just think people are making stupid comments, like Tyner, who lost tonight, could beat 4A Maryville!? I am sorry but I don't really see many smaller teams beating Maryville just because of depth. Also I feel as though I do contribute, I go out there every game, pay the 5 bucks that goes to the equipment of those players and I go home hoarse. Sure I don't wake up at 5 in the morning to work out, but I do my part to help the team. I also was once part of the school and I feel that they still represent me and so I feel that I have every right to be cocky about their success. They earned it, and in a way I helped them earn it. Without my contribution they might not have those nice new helments, or the trainers, or any number of things. If you don't think that fans helped earn it, then why is it that Maryville gives rings to their cheerleaders after the football team wins a state title!? The cheerleaders really didn't do jack to help the football team, other than support, just like fans. Fans do what they can and without them a lot of teams would be lost, ask Florida, or Tennessee, or Kentucky basketball!

OK, so you're a cheerleader for Maryville? You deserve a state championship ring? Get over it man, the Rebels don't need you, never did, never will. But you are a fan of theirs, and you do talk a lot of smack, so I guess that helps them in some way (?). I am a big fan of a school that made the state championship and lost, and I paid tuition to go to the school, but all the success is to be given (and rightly so) to the players and the coaches. They are the ones that are working out in the summer just to give you a good game in the fall. If you honestly think you have something to do with the success of Maryville, and you aren't a current player or coach, then you should have your head examined. Maybe in your delusional world the fans make the team, but in everyone else's, high school football comes down to a few things: 1) Coaching 2) Talent 3) Chemistry of the team. The fans have nothing to do with any of this.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I respect Maryville players, coaches and community. In no way are my comments directed towards anyone except QB#7

I very seldom take issue with individuals on this board, almost never But QB # 7 ;) I am making an exception with you. You are an idiot plain and simple. I guess you didn't hear about Oak Ridge beating DB last night (70% pass 30% run) or the lack of passing success of any team this year aganist our secondary. The only exception is a very classy DB in our first meeting this year. I cant believe I am responding to such an ignorant statement. :)

You really stepping over the line Talking about the best team in east Tennessee and probably the entire state.

Who is the best in the state remains to be seen. There are some awesome programs that may have something to say about that. One of which is going to show up this Friday night with fire in their eyes. They have the right to argue that point but you don't. Your just talking out of the south end of your anatomy

sorry to offend you there buddy but i have seen you play both in person and on tape. maryville is a better team all around than any other team that you have played this year and have two great qbs and about six or seven wrs that are better than any other you will see.

the truth hurts i know but you will see when you get beat on friday that you are not as good as you think. i know that you are a football guru and i am stupid but yes a good passing team with even a little balance would score at will against you.

i know just a little football and this is what i think would happen. i used to do the same thing in scrimmages against you and i know that the same continues year in and out. i now it is just a scrimmage but it is the only opportunity that we have to show you how it is done.

if you would like to come over i will show you a state championship ring since you probably never get the chance to have one of your own.

I would agree that saying Maryville is far and away the best team in Tennessee may be a little overzealous. However, how many teams in the country can say that they have won almost forty games in a row, much less in Tennessee? That alone speaks for itself, but to be a winner you have to think like a winner. Obviously Maryville as a whole thinks like a champion, but unlike everyone that gets on here and says this team or that team can beat us, Maryville also prepares like a champion. A champion has a singless of purpose: Focus on the goal that is to be accomplished, and a chapion does the things that it takes to get it done. Maryville may not have several D-I prospects, maybe not even one, but they do what it takes to win games week in and week out and noone can argue with that. If you think that because we do not play in 5a that we cannot state that we are a great team then your perception of football in Tennessee is skewed. A school's size has no bearing on how good they are. Granted a 5a school in TN somewhere may be able to beat Maryville, however those teams cannot claim title to 3 state championships in a row and 4 out of the last 5 with appearances in 5 of the last 6 title games. Maryville reigns atop Tennessee football now and until someone proves otherwise. All the arguments that have been presented on this thread are weak. Because you get on here and say that you can beat Maryville means nothing. Back your assumptions up with facts, I for one can add a ring to the argument and know others who have three more to back that up, and that is more titles in 5 years than 90% of the teams in Tennessee can claim in their entire history. For all those who doubt, quit complaining or accusing or wishing; get out and prove that you are a champion and maybe just maybe your claims against Maryville will hold water.

Go Rebels!!!

You are about half crazy if you say no one can say they won 3 straight. Cleveland won 3 straight state titles and won 55 straight games before they lost in semi finals in '96. Dont flatter yourself with so called records. Search the facts.

football4doc, if you would read the posts you might discover we are talking about the present, and Maryville winning games now, or maybe I am just flattering you thinking that you are that perceptive. By the way Cleveland lost in the first round this yearto the 4th seed...Fact.

Edited by xxheat15xx

SORRY NO WAY THEY ARE BEATING BRENTWOOD ACAD.

I could not agree with you more. These statements about beating anyone in the state are absurd. Consider this people; when you get to The Super Seven and the upper elite of 5A you are talking a whole new ballgame. These teams are filled with intelligience and organization, thus making them a step ahead of the lower classifications. I would say that if you played schools like Brentwood Academy you would be singing a different tune. If you are so segregated from any of the competition wouldn't your staff and administration want to play with your own caliber and move up a level. Do not give me the excuse that you cannot because when MBA was playing before the split they were in 5A. Keep in mind they only have approximately 250 students in grades 7-12. Speaking of MBA, I don't mean to hamper your mood but you (Maryville) do not want any part of MBA. Saturday they looked like the best team that has played at Vanderbilt stadium all year. Granted that is said in jest, but they would outclass you considerably and your recent posts are my evidence.

the upper elite of 5A you are talking a whole new ballgame. These teams are filled with intelligience and organization, thus making them a step ahead of the lower classifications

There are lots of teams that could beat Maryville this year. However, you are only kidding yourself if you think the "upper elite of 5A" is anything tougher than 4A. Just go and ask Red Bank which classification was tougher. Hillsboro beat Brentwood last year in a scrimmage and lost to Maryville. Maryville routinely handles top teams in 5A in scrimmages. The top teams in 4A are just as competitive as the top teams in 5A. Don't kid yourself. You are trying to take away the accomplishments of some very good teams by equating class size with competition. This has been talked about on many other posts, and apparently you are out of the loop. Go do your homework and you will see that 4A teams when they play 5A are just as good.

I would agree that saying Maryville is far and away the best team in Tennessee may be a little overzealous. However, how many teams in the country can say that they have won almost forty games in a row, much less in Tennessee? That alone speaks for itself, but to be a winner you have to think like a winner. Obviously Maryville as a whole thinks like a champion, but unlike everyone that gets on here and says this team or that team can beat us, Maryville also prepares like a champion. A champion has a singless of purpose: Focus on the goal that is to be accomplished, and a chapion does the things that it takes to get it done. Maryville may not have several D-I prospects, maybe not even one, but they do what it takes to win games week in and week out and noone can argue with that. If you think that because we do not play in 5a that we cannot state that we are a great team then your perception of football in Tennessee is skewed. A school's size has no bearing on how good they are. Granted a 5a school in TN somewhere may be able to beat Maryville, however those teams cannot claim title to 3 state championships in a row and 4 out of the last 5 with appearances in 5 of the last 6 title games. Maryville reigns atop Tennessee football now and until someone proves otherwise. All the arguments that have been presented on this thread are weak. Because you get on here and say that you can beat Maryville means nothing. Back your assumptions up with facts, I for one can add a ring to the argument and know others who have three more to back that up, and that is more titles in 5 years than 90% of the teams in Tennessee can claim in their entire history. For all those who doubt, quit complaining or accusing or wishing; get out and prove that you are a champion and maybe just maybe your claims against Maryville will hold water.

Go Rebels!!!

well put